Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gun Media Details Upcoming Update for Friday the 13th: The Game

AuthorMessage
DeafGhostbuster
Posted on 19 December 17 at 22:19
Will we be able to unlock the Achievements playing single player?
MiggyBombs
MiggyBombs
Posted on 20 December 17 at 00:55
Bummed I can't play the update. I can't do anything in a match without it crashing.
The Virtual Cabin is awesome,though!
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 20 December 17 at 01:05
Gacys Clown said:
I agree to some degree on that. Some games just have douchebags, but what game doesn't? I've had just as many games with players that try to communicate and are just having fun with it. I was in a full lobby last night where every single player sounded like their balls hadn't dropped yet. Why are they playing this game? The dedicated servers, though, would be the biggest help to this game and it's crazy they haven't done it yet. I haven't experienced anywhere near these 80% drop rates other have had (maybe half that), but it is frustrating no less when it does happen.

As for how active the game is, I haven't had any problems getting full-mostly full games going and pretty much can't recall ever seeing the same players more than once. It's still healthy for now and as long as they keep working on it, it should be for some time to come. It really is a fun game all things considered.
My hatred for the player base has no bearing on my love for the game itself. I grew up on these movies. My friends and I are slasher nerds who would quote and watch them infinitely during our childhoods, so the game itself is right up there among humanity's greatest creations, IMO. Deserving of a spot alongside dogs, beer, modern medicine, and refrigeration.

Maybe I just have bad luck finding shit lobbies and toxic players, but I'd definitely be higher than level 39 with something like 120 hours played were it not for matches constantly dropping.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 20 December 17 at 01:08
DeafGhostbuster said:
Will we be able to unlock the Achievements playing single player?
Nobody knows for sure yet, but early reports from PS4 players who got the patch on the Friday the 13th subreddit indicate that bot kills don't count towards achievement/trophy progress.

There was a dude who tried unlocking the trophy for playing as all Jason varieties and he did it against bots and it didn't unlock. Perhaps kills will count, but I'd say it's unlikely if other achievement/trophy progress against bots don't count.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
YaIrishMick96
YaIrishMick96
Posted on 20 December 17 at 01:30
I can't speak for the F13 community but I have played Dead By Daylight on PC and holy hell that player base was toxic as fuck. Everyone just crying and salty that they got killed/out-played/out-smarted. Every time the community just didn't like that survivors had an OP ability or that "juking" was OP and annoying etc (same can be said for Killers perks too) they cried and cried until the devs nerfed everything good and then new metas and playstyles were formed to adapt to the new gameplay....only for them to bitch and moan about how OP the new meta was...

It's in EVERY SINGLE online competitive game. This is why I HATE online games with a passion. People are far too obsessed with winning rather than have a good time, chill out and play some video games. But no, of course people have to take their rage out on random people online because...anonimity.
One does not simply stop playing xbox
bps21
bps21
Posted on 20 December 17 at 01:31
I killed two counselor bots in single player offline just now and got the kill 13 counselor achievement (I had 11 from the brief online I had played previously). So that did unlock in single player.
bps21
bps21
Posted on 20 December 17 at 02:33
The tracker moved up on various Jason related things I did like stopping the car and breaking down doors.

Now get us single player as a counselor!
Gacys Clown
285,658 285,658 GamerScore
Gacys Clown
Posted on 20 December 17 at 04:18
Evandalist said:
Gacys Clown said:
I agree to some degree on that. Some games just have douchebags, but what game doesn't? I've had just as many games with players that try to communicate and are just having fun with it. I was in a full lobby last night where every single player sounded like their balls hadn't dropped yet. Why are they playing this game? The dedicated servers, though, would be the biggest help to this game and it's crazy they haven't done it yet. I haven't experienced anywhere near these 80% drop rates other have had (maybe half that), but it is frustrating no less when it does happen.

As for how active the game is, I haven't had any problems getting full-mostly full games going and pretty much can't recall ever seeing the same players more than once. It's still healthy for now and as long as they keep working on it, it should be for some time to come. It really is a fun game all things considered.
My hatred for the player base has no bearing on my love for the game itself. I grew up on these movies. My friends and I are slasher nerds who would quote and watch them infinitely during our childhoods, so the game itself is right up there among humanity's greatest creations, IMO. Deserving of a spot alongside dogs, beer, modern medicine, and refrigeration.

Maybe I just have bad luck finding shit lobbies and toxic players, but I'd definitely be higher than level 39 with something like 120 hours played were it not for matches constantly dropping.
I hear ya! I've told people it's about as good as I could imagine trying to replicate the look and feel of the movies. Sure, it could use some tweaks, but nothing is perfect. The maps, the game play, the music...it's just awesome if you were a fan of those movies.toast
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 20 December 17 at 05:15
bps21 said:
The tracker moved up on various Jason related things I did like stopping the car and breaking down doors.

Now get us single player as a counselor!
I like the GT
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m (PS4 ; 2nd), 17d 06h 56m (Xbox One ; 1st) Xbox 360 : 17d 07h 00m (hacked leaderboard)
EricGarcia4
EricGarcia4
Posted on 20 December 17 at 15:02
WHY is the game still crashing Gun Media!? Money down the drain when you cannot even play the game! So much for an update!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.