The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: December 19th, 2017

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 December 17 at 01:58
GruffleGrinder said:
So much for the Christmas sale, guessing the bigger stuff should be on boxing day...
Always best to keep your expectations low when it comes to any sort of M$ sale.
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 19 December 17 at 01:59
I think the bigger sale is you can get X1S console bundles from the Microsoft store for 199 USD. Available bundles are Minecraft, Forza Horizon 3, Madden NFL 18, and Halo 5: Guardians.
Smallville2106
Posted on 19 December 17 at 02:06
alklein92201 said:
Oh look another good sale for Elite. I'm sure I'll forget to get it yet again this week

Just a reminder that Sword Coast Adventures is being delisted at the end of the month
Hi,
I’m new to Xbox. What do you mean by ‘delisted?’
Sorry if it’s a stupid question.
smile
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 19 December 17 at 02:08
Ordinary list but I'll probably pick up that 'walking simulator' since its so cheap.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 19 December 17 at 02:08
Probably Legend of Korra and Fall of Cybertron for me. Been meaning to get the former for ages, latter I've been waiting on a sale for.

However, free advice to anyone interested in Elite: Dangerous - grab the Horizons season pass while it's on sale. Comes with all the previous four 2.x updates (as listed) and all four upcoming "Beyond" 3.x updates during 2018.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
PsychicChicken
Posted on 19 December 17 at 02:11
Smallville2106 said:
alklein92201 said:
Oh look another good sale for Elite. I'm sure I'll forget to get it yet again this week

Just a reminder that Sword Coast Adventures is being delisted at the end of the month
Hi,
I’m new to Xbox. What do you mean by ‘delisted?’
Sorry if it’s a stupid question.
smile
Delisted means that the game will no longer be available for purchase from the digital store. If the game has a physical release (disc) you can still find it in stores.
StanleyCup CAPS
Posted on 19 December 17 at 02:17
Smallville2106 said:
Is the Van Helsing Double Pack worth it for that £14 price? Or will it maybe go cheaper in the upcoming bigger sale?
I played the first one when it was given away for free and have wanted the second one since. The second one normally sells for $15 (USD) alone, so this bundle actually is more expensive for me than just buying the second one by itself.

So, I would say, if you didn't get the first one when free this is probably as good as it gets. If you just need the second one buy it solo. Just my opinion of course.
DarkWingSpartan
Posted on 19 December 17 at 02:27
Might finally take the plunge on Shadow Warrior. Anyone have any opinions on it?
This is a signature. It has words in it.
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 19 December 17 at 03:01, Edited on 19 December 17 at 03:02 by Rista B
Count me as one of those that has been looking for some kind of announcement about a holiday sale/countdown sale/whatever they are calling it this year (assuming they are having one). It's usually a lot of the same stuff as the Black Friday sales but I was still interested in seeing what they might put out there.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
ZoZombify
ZoZombify
Posted on 19 December 17 at 03:04
I was expecting a Christmas sale of some sort.. This is disappointing.
Sco Bravheart
Sco Bravheart
Posted on 19 December 17 at 03:19
HolyHalfDead said:
Cloud2787 said:
GruffleGrinder said:
So much for the Christmas sale, guessing the bigger stuff should be on boxing day...
They usually have the Countdown sales as well. Don’t know if they were mentioned at all yet, but wouldn’t they start on the 20th? Could be why these sales are fairly lacking
It always used to start on a Tuesday, up until last year:
Xbox One Countdown to 2017 Weekly Deals: Week One - December 22nd-28th
XBL Countdown to 2016 Sale - December 22nd
XBL Sale Roundup: December 16th, 2014
XBL Sale Roundup: December 17th, 2013
Thank you for this! I've been wondering lately why we haven't had a countdown sale.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 19 December 17 at 03:19
So glad i waited for Anima, Valley and Transformers: FOC.

Just snapped those up!
Karachi King
Karachi King
Posted on 19 December 17 at 03:21
I'll probably grab Valley. Been waiting for it to get a decent discount.

DarkWingSpartan said:
Might finally take the plunge on Shadow Warrior. Anyone have any opinions on it?
It's a bit of an old school FPS with a few modern twists. It's probably not going to change your life or anything, but I enjoyed it.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 19 December 17 at 03:45
If you are feeling lucky, like spelling and have a US account, see my blog for a chance to win a DL code for Elite: Dangerous.
planting42's blog post - Elite: Dangerous giveaway challenge!
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/Twelve-Days-of-Christmas
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 19 December 17 at 04:08
I swear, it's like they're discounting Anima every single time my gold runs out.
[Insert signature here.]
KawiNinjaRider7
Posted on 19 December 17 at 04:46
Dang, I just bought Elite Dangerous just the other day and now its 60% off. Oh well, I've been meaning to buy the season pass so I'll get that for 40% off at least xD
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 19 December 17 at 04:55
I knew Van Helsing 3 wouldn't be on sale but I checked anyway.

ThreeHaddock62 said:
I'll pick up Sword Coast Legends, since it's getting delisted in a couple weeks.
Ahhh you are right, found the post : https://forums.swordcoast.com/index.php?/topic/11825-last-ch...

Shame they didn't fix the loading times, I would have loved it a lot more if I didn't spend more time in loading screens than I did playing the fucking game. If you can stand all the loading though, the ratio is ridiculous.

Anima is a pretty decent ARPG. It looks and feels a lot like Nier (and also has an annoying talking book!) but I found the combat to be much more difficult. Nothing like a Dark Souls game though.

Zenith had it's unobtainable fixed so it can be completed. Not a very good game. Nothing incredibly offensive about it I guess, but nothing about it is incredibly good either...or even kind of good. If someone told you to make a game that encapsulates the word "meh", Zenith is what you would make.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Buttercup III
Buttercup III
Posted on 19 December 17 at 05:02
I'm broke so it's ok that there's nothing I want
AirNath
AirNath
Posted on 19 December 17 at 05:40
Now,I`ll buy Transformers:Fall of Cybertron.It`s now the right price for old content.
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 19 December 17 at 08:35, Edited on 19 December 17 at 08:36 by Cemetery Girls
ZoZombify said:
I was expecting a Christmas sale of some sort.. This is disappointing.
Well these are the DWG, not the upcoming Christmas sale. Don't worry, that sale will come soon

GoyetteQC said:
I swear, it's like they're discounting Anima every single time my gold runs out.
And this is the cheapest it's been. Ouch.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.