The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: December 19th, 2017

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 19 December 17 at 08:59
Dear Esther is a controversial "game", but for that price you might as well see for yourself. Relatively easy completion too.

Every sale I'm tempted by Elite, but I'm already sitting on so many massive F2Ps that I haven't dedicated proper time to, it seems silly to spend money on something so time consuming.
Bazroy99
Bazroy99
Posted on 19 December 17 at 09:20
GIMME FIVE? GIMME £2.09 MORE LIKE!

(not purchased)
Avitaway
Avitaway
Posted on 19 December 17 at 09:22
Anyone else finding these sales increasingly difficult to find on the XB1 itself? I have to manually search for every game as they do not show in the Games with Gold deals section any more :(
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 19 December 17 at 09:29
I completed dear Esther during the 12 days of Christmas event. Easy game - I think the narrator is a bit distracting and doesn't talk much sense but otherwise it's quite good and only a couple of hours long. Hue is ridiculously cheap at that price - worth a purchase if you don't already have it.
Johnny Broflex
Posted on 19 December 17 at 09:30
Shred It! must be that lettuce simulator everyone has been raving about.
Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
Smallville2106
Posted on 19 December 17 at 11:07
PsychicChicken said:
Smallville2106 said:
alklein92201 said:
Oh look another good sale for Elite. I'm sure I'll forget to get it yet again this week

Just a reminder that Sword Coast Adventures is being delisted at the end of the month
Hi,
I’m new to Xbox. What do you mean by ‘delisted?’
Sorry if it’s a stupid question.
smile
Delisted means that the game will no longer be available for purchase from the digital store. If the game has a physical release (disc) you can still find it in stores.
Ok, thanks for the info
Smallville2106
Posted on 19 December 17 at 11:08
GiantBallOfOil said:
Smallville2106 said:
Is the Van Helsing Double Pack worth it for that £14 price? Or will it maybe go cheaper in the upcoming bigger sale?
I played the first one when it was given away for free and have wanted the second one since. The second one normally sells for $15 (USD) alone, so this bundle actually is more expensive for me than just buying the second one by itself.

So, I would say, if you didn't get the first one when free this is probably as good as it gets. If you just need the second one buy it solo. Just my opinion of course.
Thanks. Bought it as I don’t have either.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 December 17 at 11:43
HolyHalfDead said:
For PC, but may be of interest - Ubisoft Happy Playdays - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/event/happy-playdays-2017
- Assassins Creed IV
- Watch Dogs
- World in Conflict

Free 18th - 23rd December
yes but ubisoft , like every other gaming company these days has their own drm software like steam, i hate that, and therefore refuse to buy pc games anymore
Octobot Super
Octobot Super
Posted on 19 December 17 at 12:08
An irrational part of myself wants to get Elite and play it to completion
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 19 December 17 at 13:16
Johnny Broflex said:
Shred It! must be that lettuce simulator everyone has been raving about.
Yeah I've heard it's rather a cold slaw, but it's probably worth the cabbage!
Racxie
Racxie
Posted on 19 December 17 at 13:39
alklein92201 said:
Just a reminder that Sword Coast Adventures is being delisted at the end of the month
Thanks for the heads up :) it's also mentioned that the online servers up are indefinitely, so might be a good idea to knock out the co-op achievement before it's too late.
Racxie
Racxie
Posted on 19 December 17 at 14:23
So seen as everyone appears to be sharing free PC games going around right now, OXENFREE is currently available for free on GOG.com smile
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 19 December 17 at 15:08
Picked up Sword Coast, Valley and Zenith. I usually get disappointed by year end/Christmas sales (because it tends to cater to the ultra popular stuff) so this will probably be it for me.
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 19 December 17 at 17:15
Something tells me with the prcing of the Transformers games this low, it's possible they could get De-Listed. Transformers FOC on the XBox One is also Digital only. Could be wrong.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 19 December 17 at 17:29
Dear Esther is finally at a price that I feel is actually justified, so I'll go ahead and grab that to add to my backlog.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 19 December 17 at 20:37
Waiting for the Christmas sale!
DARK 777
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 19 December 17 at 20:55
Rhyolitic said:
Damn, saw Injustice 2 bundles and hoped the season pass might be on sale as well.
Not having it in the bundle is an Injustice.
mosin360
mosin360
Posted on 20 December 17 at 00:52
I'm expecting a sales announcement around the 22nd and I sure do home the Nascar and Hot Wheels DLC goes on sale.
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
ghostlymostly
ghostlymostly
Posted on 20 December 17 at 06:10
€10 for Fall of Cybertron, that's a steal :)
Ink Splitter
Ink Splitter
Posted on 21 December 17 at 04:13
Picked up Hue and Valley, they don't look too bad compared to other games on this list.

Shred it!, Zenith, The Coma Recut, Bedlam, Dear Esther and the Legend of Korra are easy completion for anyone interrested.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.