Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Saints Row Series' Sharing Services to Shut Down

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 21 December 17 at 02:31
Discontinuing features brings discontinuing achievements

Please click here to read the story: Saints Row Series' Sharing Services to Shut Down
eLiTeMC251
eLiTeMC251
Posted on 21 December 17 at 02:36
I don’t blame them if users arent really using the service anymore.
If you are reading this than you must be interested in what it has to say. Sorry to dissappint you.
BROOKER 513
BROOKER 513
Posted on 21 December 17 at 02:46
Then don't attach one lousy achievement to a small service, once the game loses playership of course they wont use it anymore. But hey I am going to try and unlock them lol
DEATH IS CERTAIN.
OMG IT5 EJ
OMG IT5 EJ
Posted on 21 December 17 at 02:52
Definitely was a fun feature to use back in the day
Er PaBlEtOr
Er PaBlEtOr
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:00
Well it is time to get Saintified on the AUS version, thanks TA for the heads-up dance
Bogi x3
Bogi x3
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:08, Edited on 21 December 17 at 03:22 by Bogi x3
I was looking at the Re-Elected versions achievements and it also affect the version too, both normal and AU version.

Edit: Was just me reading it wrong, it dosn't affect it after all, I need too stop reading news and comment at 4am in the morning facepalm laugh
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:11, Edited on 21 December 17 at 03:11 by KBop a doo
IntenseKha0s said:
I was looking at the Re-Elected versions achievements and it also affect the version too, both normal and AU version.
The achievement was changed to "Create and save a character to your profile" for Re-Elected (instead of "... and share a character online") and doesn't require use of the online service according to solutions for it.

Saints Row IV: Re-ElectedSaintifiedThe Saintified achievement in Saints Row IV: Re-Elected worth 13 pointsCreate and save a character to your profile.

Or are you referring to a different achievement? If so, let me know, and I can update the article with the information.
Inferno118
Inferno118
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:13
If I remember correctly sr:3 achievement was unobtainable for me.
Silvery Death
Silvery Death
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:13
Glad that Gat: Out of Hell doesn't have any achievements relating to this since I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Guess I will log-on before it shuts down to see if I have any screenshots on there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCom3yzbUaMRPgeHVhLlPvjw (My Youtube Channel)
Burnah Bros
Burnah Bros
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:16
Thanks for the heads up smile
Burnah Bros
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:17
I appreciate the head's up. I'm going to try and bang it out tonight.
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:18
Glad I got them when this first went down for like a year and went back up ..
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:19
IntenseKha0s said:
No, the Xbox One versions are not affected.
#mentallypudding
K4rn4ge
K4rn4ge
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:41
At least they have the decency to warn people about it. Kudos to them. Some other companies should take note.
Follow & watch http://www.twitch.tv/karnage where I stream a wide variety of games and do loads of game giveaways!
ZeroEquals
ZeroEquals
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:46
This is slightly un-related, but why isn't Saints Row IV: Re-Elected included as part of "The Saints Row Series" on the site? It's got its own set of achievements - seems like it would qualify - more-so than Agents of Mayhem?
Timing is Key...
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:47
ZeroEquals said:
This is slightly un-related, but why isn't Saints Row IV: Re-Elected included as part of "The Saints Row Series" on the site? It's got its own set of achievements - seems like it would qualify - more-so than Agents of Mayhem?
It is. Technically, it's a platform/region variant and not a 'different game' so it doesn't show up unless you pick 'All' on the right side.
Game On.
Bogi x3
Bogi x3
Posted on 21 December 17 at 03:49
Does anybody know if you can buy SR4 digital with an Australian account or do I have too buy it from eBay or other places?
Crims0nScorpion
Posted on 21 December 17 at 04:04
guess I should actually grab those 2 just in case
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 21 December 17 at 04:06
JumboWario said:
It is. Technically, it's a platform/region variant and not a 'different game' so it doesn't show up unless you pick 'All' on the right side.
Personal quibble, but I wish 'All' was default. Sort of like excluding DLC from titles, I feel like picking only unique versions should be the alternate option rather than the default.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Johnny Broflex
Posted on 21 December 17 at 04:08
MannedPython070 said:
Does this affect the re-elected Xbox one version of the game as well?
"Saints Row IV: Re-Elected does not require players to use My Steelport for any achievements."

Says that right in the article.
Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.