Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

The TrueAchievements Game of the Year 2017

AuthorMessage
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 22 December 17 at 20:59
Wow! Great to see Phantom Dust getting all the love. I thought it was only old geezers like me that remembered this old original XBox gem.
SKOOT2006
SKOOT2006
Posted on 22 December 17 at 21:09
Nice to see Mass Effect get a W. Haters gonna hate, but I enjoyed my time with it quite a bit
You don't know what you don't know
X8BIT ScorpionX
Posted on 22 December 17 at 21:40, Edited on 22 December 17 at 21:42 by X8BIT ScorpionX
I voted for "Big Knockers" from South Park: The Fractured But Whole as best achievement name. And Tales From The Borderlands as best GWG game.
And there was a huge whale and it was all like MWAAAAA which made it super scary!
Juicyjams
Juicyjams
Posted on 22 December 17 at 22:40, Edited on 22 December 17 at 22:41 by Juicyjams
Well I would have definitely picked Battle Chasers for the RPG game. Not as widely known, so I guess people voted mass effect on familiarity. Very surprised it was picked over larger titles like final fantasy. I haven't played the new one yet but have heard its great and I did try out mass effect and it was just ok at best.
Until I Collapse

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 22 December 17 at 22:50
Shadow 00 Fox said:
This is a prime example why democracy's fail... fortunately the US is not a democracy, although painfully a lot of people think it is.
Just switch it to taking the ratings from games played this year, and just have popularity contests for things like 'best achievement name', etc, anything that can't be determined from a games ratings!
On reflection, and with no intention of bashing the whole GOTY thing on TA, but I don't think i've ever given the slightest toss whether a game won or not. I didn't play Skyrim 'cos it was GOTY or any other, and I've never been vaguely dissuaded by a game not winning it.

It's like the Oscars, Academy Awards etc for movies, I've never once given a shit who or what won or didn't win, it means absolutely nothing- some of the greatest movies of all time have won no awards and some of the worst crap I've seen have won many.

Again, not bashing or complaining, just putting my opinion out there smile I didn't vote 'cos i haven't played any of them.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 22 December 17 at 22:56
^ Spot on. Talent Doesn't Win Oscars: Money Does.
This post may be sarcastic.
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 22 December 17 at 23:02
TrueAchievement said:
Zorlac0666 said:

Agree with this. I'm an active user on this site and had no clue I could have voted.
There's a pm in your inbox (which you've read) all about it - what wasn't clear exactly?
I am sorry, but there is nothing in my inbox. I triple checked. Fake news. I blame the Russian's on the voting.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 23 December 17 at 01:22
LuckyConquerer2 said:Not what I was talking about really, we all know it's all rubbish, but my point was that even if it was legit and not manipulated, it would still be meaningless to me.

When choosing a game or indeed a movie, book, album whatever to play, watch, read or listen to, the last thing I give a shit about is how many awards or good reviews it has.

But that's just me I guess, silly Deevius roll
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 23 December 17 at 01:50
Wait a minute...

Is it April already?
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. * I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
General E Swift
Posted on 23 December 17 at 05:01
I only voted in three categories as I only play a few "new" 2017 games this year. This year for Xbox games was kind of meh at best.
TDK Skin Walker
Posted on 23 December 17 at 05:33
Nice. Assassins creed rock
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 23 December 17 at 06:10
JohnnyInterfnk said:
Assassin's Creed Origins? Destiny 2? Mass Effect: Andromeda? Oof.
Everyday, more and more normies enter this site. Cuphead should of been GOTY.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
Posted on 23 December 17 at 07:38
Fooga said:
JohnnyInterfnk said:
Assassin's Creed Origins? Destiny 2? Mass Effect: Andromeda? Oof.
Everyday, more and more normies enter this site. Cuphead should of been GOTY.
It's true!!
CRISTIAN1ELITE
Posted on 23 December 17 at 08:20, Edited on 23 December 17 at 08:21 by CRISTIAN1ELITE
#Decent smile

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 23 December 17 at 15:18
cuphead any one who says that was good or should be on list is a xbox fanboy the game on any other system would be a indie joke of a game but xbox has no games left so of course all fanboys are going to be voting cuphead one of the under 3 exclusives we got this year .

sad Nintendo has more exclusives then xbox one and its been out less then a year they have had 1 per month and nearly all are miles ahead of any games xbox makes now days . cuphead lolol wow funny game is so good but last study showed 95% of gamers who bought it stopped playing by the end of 2 level and thats good when you cant even get 5% of gamer to play more then 10% of the game . thank god i own a ps4 and a switch and pc because xbox is utterly dead this gen its so bad the store has to re package games as new to keep the store looking alive . the hype for the X lol what a joke only console that did not sell out at launch for the past 3 gens even pro sold out for first rap weekend
Lords of the Fallen , i love it
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 23 December 17 at 15:49
godslayer1975 said:
cuphead any one who says that was good or should be on list is a xbox fanboy the game on any other system would be a indie joke of a game but xbox has no games left so of course all fanboys are going to be voting cuphead one of the under 3 exclusives we got this year .

sad Nintendo has more exclusives then xbox one and its been out less then a year they have had 1 per month and nearly all are miles ahead of any games xbox makes now days . cuphead lolol wow funny game is so good but last study showed 95% of gamers who bought it stopped playing by the end of 2 level and thats good when you cant even get 5% of gamer to play more then 10% of the game . thank god i own a ps4 and a switch and pc because xbox is utterly dead this gen its so bad the store has to re package games as new to keep the store looking alive . the hype for the X lol what a joke only console that did not sell out at launch for the past 3 gens even pro sold out for first rap weekend
There there, sit down and have some milk...
Say everything with a smile
OppaErich
OppaErich
Posted on 23 December 17 at 16:00
godslayer1975 said:
... cuphead lolol wow funny game is so good but last study showed 95% of gamers who bought it stopped playing by the end of 2 level and thats good when you cant even get 5% of gamer to play more then 10% of the game .
Yeah, this was hyped as hell but went silent very quick. I'd probably stop trying level 1, that's why I won't buy.

godslayer1975 said:
thank god i own a ps4 and a switch and pc because xbox is utterly dead this gen its ...
Sad but true. I bought an One S during the cut for GS promotion, just out of tradition and there's nothing like XBOX gamepads. But when TLoU 2 comes out I'll get a PS4 PRo.

I did cast my votes but it was hard for me because I play games only "well hung". When they're patched and you get the whole stuff for less than €20. I've played Resi 7 for about 2 hours and I'm now playing Wolfenstein 2. That's about all from 2017...

Happy XMAS,
Stephan
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 23 December 17 at 18:32
This entire thread is just weird. Anyone else like their games well hung?
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 24 December 17 at 00:27, Edited on 24 December 17 at 00:37 by Sashamorning
Cuphead is a good game. It's just hard as hell. People get frustrated.

You know what else had the same issue? Alien Isolation. Absolutely incredible story and experience, but less than half the players even made it through the 4th mission.

The 4th mission. There are 19. It's exclusively a story based game.

Does that make it bad? It has 4.3 stars in TA. No, it's just scary as hell. Bloody great ride, just not a shooter like I suspect a lot of people expected it to be.

Cuphead has 4.7 stars. It deserves it. Just because I like it doesn't automatically make me an Xbox fanboy.

But this isn't an Xbox vs Sony thread.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. * I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Rhhe82
Rhhe82
Posted on 25 December 17 at 05:26
Sashamorning said:
Cuphead is a good game. It's just hard as hell. People get frustrated.

You know what else had the same issue? Alien Isolation. Absolutely incredible story and experience, but less than half the players even made it through the 4th mission.

The 4th mission. There are 19. It's exclusively a story based game.

Does that make it bad? It has 4.3 stars in TA. No, it's just scary as hell. Bloody great ride, just not a shooter like I suspect a lot of people expected it to be.

Cuphead has 4.7 stars. It deserves it. Just because I like it doesn't automatically make me an Xbox fanboy.

But this isn't an Xbox vs Sony thread.
Don’t know about other people, but I’ve been stuck on the fourth (or fifth, can’t remember) mission of Alien: Isolation not because it’s hard or bad, but because the game crashes so often that I get frustrated. Which is a pity, since I very much like the game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.