The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

January 2018's Games with Gold Titles Announced

AuthorMessage
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 10 January 18 at 17:17, Edited on 10 January 18 at 17:26 by HolyHalfDead
Giving people Seriously 3.0 just for booting the game, will allow the noobs to run around boasting they have 100%’d Gears, and that is not acceptable.

If you weren’t there you missed out, that’s life. Or do you expect Christmas presents from your parents for all the years before you were born, good luck with that.

I do think that achievements tied to a web page, media sharing service, or one off events should simply not be allowed in the first place (Socialite). Either that or have an alternative way of getting the achievement.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Bacavoit
Bacavoit
Posted on 10 January 18 at 19:56
J4CKA1 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Eder St Cool said:
What would be cool is if companies that kill off MP achievements just give it to people upon booting up an old game like Army of Two.

Otherwise they just sit there forever locked.
How would that be fair to the people that worked for them?
How is it fair for people who just bought their first xbox console and Gold this month?
You can not be serious...
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 12 January 18 at 16:00
J4CKA1 said:
I'm not advocating that achievements just be handed out to gamers for putting a disc in a tray, but make them obtainable in private or bot matches. I'm serious on every level because being an "early adopter" is a garbage reason why you and I don't have the same access to a full game just because of purchase date.
It's actually a very legitimate reason. You purchase late you don't get to be a part of things that happen when a product is new. This is true for the entire world, not just video games. I'm sorry you miss out on some things, but that's just life. I mean I'm sad I never got to see Beethoven perform, but what can I do about it besides cry?
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 12 January 18 at 19:13
J4CKA1 said:
No where close to the same thing. I'm not purchasing a Beethoven concert ticket in 2018 and it's not true for the entire world. If you purchase a brand new iPhone 6 right now, would you be OK with it only being able to call, but not be able to text? Or how about call and text, but no data included even though you pay for it?
Why would you purchase an iPhone 6 new? The product is cheaper used. The iPhone 6 will be slower with particular apps etc., as it as an older device. WhatsApp has been closed for certain Android and BlackBerry phones because it is outdated.

You have completed 38 games out 93. Game completion does not seem to bother you. Arguing about it here will change nothing. Go see EA, Rockstar, 2K, Activision, Ubisoft about the achievements. Diddly squat will happen here.

Things move on. Your analogies are poor. These forums are better if we avoid using them.

How can you say things like:
them obtainable in private or bot matches
That is ridiculous. They would need create a new update etc, which has a limited use if player numbers are so low. What happens if a THQ happens? Company has gone bust.
This post may be sarcastic.
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 12 January 18 at 19:57
Stalking is a criminal offence, so I offer you the opportunity to withdraw that attack on myself.

Clicking your name and seeing your stats on your homepage is not stalking. You signed up to this website. It is part and parcel.
This post may be sarcastic.
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 12 January 18 at 20:54
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Stalking is a criminal offence, so I offer you the opportunity to withdraw that attack on myself.

Clicking your name and seeing your stats on your homepage is not stalking. You signed up to this website. It is part and parcel.
You goaded him in to that comment by providing personal stats that held no relevancy to the debate between you two. In the context of his comment, it was perfectly fine.

I strongly recommend that you either discontinue this conversation or keep it civil.
Ask me about my rock collection.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 16 January 18 at 07:18, Edited on 17 January 18 at 00:55 by HolyHalfDead
Army of Two is currently only free in America and not the rest of the world:

66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454107f8 - FREE
66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541084c - NOT Free
66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541084f - NOT Free

Edit: Microsoft have now fixed this.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Destro WOD
Destro WOD
Posted on 16 January 18 at 20:15
Personally i find it pretty sad that they decide to give a half functionable game.

I love achievements, i consider myself achievement hunter, but i do not complete that many games because i like to play different games, i like to have fun and some achievements are just down right disgusting to do. Basically i am not a completionist at all. Often i will start a game even if i know from the get go i won't bother with achievements. I am currently playing Shadow Warrior, pretty fun game, but im not going for "Heroic Mode" as you are require to play the game on the hardest setting with no death allowed (they make you restart the chapter, and we are talking 1h chapters there)

In the same vein there is a similar achievement in Wolfenstein 2 i will never get if i play the game one day.

I am ok with this... even if i think it sucks they put that kind of shitty achievement... because its MY choice to not go for it.

Army of Two on the other hand give me no choice. Granted in my case i already played it and i didn't got the MP achievements back then. I played it late but the game i think still had open servers, not sure. Anyway ...

But its not about my personal decision to have played it, or the fact i did played it without completing it before, its about the fact that they decide to market there service, Game with Golds, with a game that is unplayable to its fullest.

To an extent its still cool that we get 360 games, at some point they may decide to just shut down everything related to 360. And i guess we should be happy its not a small XBLA arcade game.

But i still think they could had pick something else... something that work fully. There is so many good 360 games...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.