Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Update: Delistings Likely for The Legend of Korra and Transformers Games

AuthorMessage
Htowns D Brown
Posted on 27 December 17 at 06:01
Thank you TA for the heads up, I ended up getting Transformers: Devastation (Xbox One) digital.
Giincee
321,509
Giincee
Posted on 27 December 17 at 10:37
Buttercup III said:
The site is saying that Fall of Cybertron is a digital only game for the XB1 but it has a physical release for the 360. Can anyone confirm this? The article makes it sound like both are digital exclusives
Yes there's a physical copy of Fall of Cybertron for the 360. I also thought that there's only a digital copy for both versions of FoC so I bought it on the Xbox store. But after that I saw that there's a physical one on Amazon so no need to hurry. Made me a little bit angry because I prefer physical games more than digital in my game collection
New Paralyzer
911,069
New Paralyzer
Posted on 27 December 17 at 10:41
Giincee said:
Buttercup III said:
The site is saying that Fall of Cybertron is a digital only game for the XB1 but it has a physical release for the 360. Can anyone confirm this? The article makes it sound like both are digital exclusives
Yes there's a physical copy of Fall of Cybertron for the 360. I also thought that there's only a digital copy for both versions of FoC so I bought it on the Xbox store. But after that I saw that there's a physical one on Amazon so no need to hurry. Made me a little bit angry because I prefer physical games more than digital in my game collection
But if you want to earn the One versions achievements it's now or never.

This warning is there because of you don't grab the Xbox One Version now you will never get another chance.

The 360 version will vanish as well but you can always grab a physical if you can find it.

Xbox One Version is going away

Xbox 360 Version lives on in physical media.
Giincee
321,509
Giincee
Posted on 27 December 17 at 10:48
New Paralyzer said:
Giincee said:
Buttercup III said:
The site is saying that Fall of Cybertron is a digital only game for the XB1 but it has a physical release for the 360. Can anyone confirm this? The article makes it sound like both are digital exclusives
Yes there's a physical copy of Fall of Cybertron for the 360. I also thought that there's only a digital copy for both versions of FoC so I bought it on the Xbox store. But after that I saw that there's a physical one on Amazon so no need to hurry. Made me a little bit angry because I prefer physical games more than digital in my game collection
But if you want to earn the One versions achievements it's now or never.

This warning is there because of you don't grab the Xbox One Version now you will never get another chance.

The 360 version will vanish as well but you can always grab a physical if you can find it.

Xbox One Version is going away

Xbox 360 Version lives on in physical media.
Yes but the article doesn't really state that there's a physical copy of FoC for the 360. That's what we talk about.
EarthboundX
1,041,015
EarthboundX
Posted on 27 December 17 at 10:55, Edited on 27 December 17 at 10:57 by EarthboundX
Giincee said:
New Paralyzer said:
Giincee said:
Buttercup III said:
The site is saying that Fall of Cybertron is a digital only game for the XB1 but it has a physical release for the 360. Can anyone confirm this? The article makes it sound like both are digital exclusives
Yes there's a physical copy of Fall of Cybertron for the 360. I also thought that there's only a digital copy for both versions of FoC so I bought it on the Xbox store. But after that I saw that there's a physical one on Amazon so no need to hurry. Made me a little bit angry because I prefer physical games more than digital in my game collection
But if you want to earn the One versions achievements it's now or never.

This warning is there because of you don't grab the Xbox One Version now you will never get another chance.

The 360 version will vanish as well but you can always grab a physical if you can find it.

Xbox One Version is going away

Xbox 360 Version lives on in physical media.
Yes but the article doesn't really state that there's a physical copy of FoC for the 360. That's what we talk about.
Well it has been out for years now. Guess they assumed it was a given? The Xbox One version was a later port a few years after the 360 version came out. I just did a quick Amazon search for the Xbox One version myself, to see if there was a physical version.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 27 December 17 at 11:34
Hopefully they will put the Transformers games backward compatible before they get de-listed off the marketplace. But what's the chance in seeing that?
KenH2k4
481,409
KenH2k4
Posted on 27 December 17 at 13:04
EarthboundX said:
Giincee said:
New Paralyzer said:
Giincee said:
Buttercup III said:
The site is saying that Fall of Cybertron is a digital only game for the XB1 but it has a physical release for the 360. Can anyone confirm this? The article makes it sound like both are digital exclusives
Yes there's a physical copy of Fall of Cybertron for the 360. I also thought that there's only a digital copy for both versions of FoC so I bought it on the Xbox store. But after that I saw that there's a physical one on Amazon so no need to hurry. Made me a little bit angry because I prefer physical games more than digital in my game collection
But if you want to earn the One versions achievements it's now or never.

This warning is there because of you don't grab the Xbox One Version now you will never get another chance.

The 360 version will vanish as well but you can always grab a physical if you can find it.

Xbox One Version is going away

Xbox 360 Version lives on in physical media.
Yes but the article doesn't really state that there's a physical copy of FoC for the 360. That's what we talk about.
Well it has been out for years now. Guess they assumed it was a given? The Xbox One version was a later port a few years after the 360 version came out. I just did a quick Amazon search for the Xbox One version myself, to see if there was a physical version.
The Article said:
Most games in the Transformers series are sold both digitally and physically, so their removals from digital stores are not the end all be all. The Legend of Korra and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron are sold digitally only
then the link points to the One version. Everything else is available physically.
EvrClr666
326,570
EvrClr666
Posted on 27 December 17 at 13:42
I picked up the ones I could before the sale ended, so if anyone wants to do the MP would be great!
KBop a doo
314,110
KBop a doo
Posted on 27 December 17 at 14:03
KenH2k4 said:
The Article said:
Most games in the Transformers series are sold both digitally and physically, so their removals from digital stores are not the end all be all. The Legend of Korra and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron are sold digitally only
then the link points to the One version. Everything else is available physically.
Yes, we assumed that a hyperlink directly to the version that is only available digitally would make the most sense smile
ShinUkyo
159,347
ShinUkyo
Posted on 28 December 17 at 02:26
ThreeHaddock62 said:
BROOKER 513 said:
I'm happy for a final sale, I'm wondering did steam and PS get a farewell sale too? Usually bargin hunters buy regardless just I've stopped buy games since last year with Sword Coast being an exception because I've read alot of the Forgotten Realm books. Hopefully this is just a fair warning and the games stay up, otherwise good buy games.
Not right at the end, but I'm pretty sure they were on sale through PSN and Steam within the last month or two.
They have been on sale loads of times on both PSN and XBL, but PSN actually DID have a last-chance set of deals the week before XBL did. The problem was that nobody knew why the prices were so low yet. Fall of Cybertron for PS4 was on sale for $10, for example, just like it ended up being for XB1 the week after.

I lucked out and noticed the PSN sale price, and I couldn't resist since it's one of my fave games. I'm thanking my lucky stars I managed to nab it. I'm also cursing the publishers for all the people that missed it (because there was zero notice.) And thanks to watchful gamers, after the Steam/PSN versions went down, we managed to at least get a week's notice for the XBL ones. I nabbed anything I was missing on 360/XB1.
Vitality Gauge
Posted on 28 December 17 at 15:59
Noticed transformers: the game for the 360 (the one based off the very first movie) wasn't on the list . Any reason for that or just an oversight ?
matdan
676,970
matdan
Posted on 29 December 17 at 14:28
Vitality Gauge said:
Noticed transformers: the game for the 360 (the one based off the very first movie) wasn't on the list . Any reason for that or just an oversight ?
Probably because no-one in their right mind would download it digitally for $50 when the disc is far, far cheaper then that.

Should be on there still though.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
ShinUkyo
159,347
ShinUkyo
Posted on 29 December 17 at 19:30
matdan said:
Vitality Gauge said:
Noticed transformers: the game for the 360 (the one based off the very first movie) wasn't on the list . Any reason for that or just an oversight ?
Probably because no-one in their right mind would download it digitally for $50 when the disc is far, far cheaper then that. Should be on there still though.
Not to mention it was a pretty terrible game. As had every TF game been terrible for decades since the series debuted. Whereas when High Moon studios created War for Cybertron, a masterpiece, they gave Transformers fans the quality game we waited over 30 years to get. Then they continued this with Fall of Cybertron. (their movie tie-in for Dark of the Moon was also pretty great, albeit short.)

Then Activision, as they are known to do, mostly dissolved High Moon Studios (and that team stopped existing outside of a technical name.) Thankfully a few years later, Platinum Games crafted Transformers Devastation - a true tribute to the original series, also a stellar game.

It is tragic to see these games removed from the digital store, but this is one of the upsides of games still being sold on disc. People who missed out can still technically get them. (aside from the FoC re-release for XB1/PS4, that pisses me off.) Plus none of these games had DLC required for achievements (nor did the DLC add real content, just cosmetics.) Aside from the aforementioned pack for Rise of the Fallen; but that also wasn't a good game haha. Worth skipping that one.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 31 December 17 at 15:33
Let me be the first to bring in the Bad News for those who missed out...

I've just checked online today and all of the XBox 360 Digital Versions of the Transformers games and the Legend Of Korra have been De-Listed.

The Download Content needed for the extra achievements I believe in Transformers 2 has also been De-Listed. So you might be out of luck their too.

The XBox One still has the Transformers games listed at the time of writing, however The Legend Of Korra has been De-Listed too.

HOWEVER... It appears "The Cybertron Experience" for the XBox 360 is still available. This will give you Transformers WFC & Transformers FOC with all of it's Download Content.

I will update if I can if I notice any changes.
BulletLukey
327,356
BulletLukey
Posted on 01 January 18 at 01:32
ALL of the 360 ones have been delisted, just the one versions remain. They will most likely be delisted soon.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 01 January 18 at 17:24, Edited on 01 January 18 at 17:24 by
XB1 Transformer games are now delisted as well
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 01 January 18 at 18:05
The Cybertron Experience (With WFC and FOC) is still on the 360 marketplace.
Hola
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 01 January 18 at 18:12
ThreeHaddock62 said:
The Cybertron Experience (With WFC and FOC) is still on the 360 marketplace.
Can it still be purchased? Last time I checked it did say £29.99, but I already own them individually.
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 01 January 18 at 19:06
BulgyDragonZord said:
ThreeHaddock62 said:
The Cybertron Experience (With WFC and FOC) is still on the 360 marketplace.
Can it still be purchased? Last time I checked it did say £29.99, but I already own them individually.
Comes up as $39.99 here (When I'm not logged in-since I already have it) so yeah. There are a couple DLC's that can still be purchased as well for FOC (Nothing achv related)
Hola
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 01 January 18 at 21:00
ThreeHaddock62 said:
BulgyDragonZord said:
ThreeHaddock62 said:
The Cybertron Experience (With WFC and FOC) is still on the 360 marketplace.
Can it still be purchased? Last time I checked it did say £29.99, but I already own them individually.
Comes up as $39.99 here (When I'm not logged in-since I already have it) so yeah. There are a couple DLC's that can still be purchased as well for FOC (Nothing achv related)
At least I'm not the only one who hasn't spotted this I guess.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.


3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.


4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.


These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.

×