Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Most Played Games on TrueAchievements in 2017 - Part One

AuthorMessage
Danno Omen
Danno Omen
Posted on 26 December 17 at 18:37
DANIELJJ14 said:
Gears of war 4 is irrelevant right?
I thought these lists were based on games released this year.
Cuphead will no doubt be in the top 10 but I’m really struggling to think of many more titles other than Destiny 2 or CoD.
Probably a madden game thrown in for good measure.
I’m guessing Slime Rancher will be the other GwG title to appear.

I saw Prey only had around 20k players which I thought would be a bit higher.
What good games actually came out this year on Xbox?
Destiny 2
Call of duty:WWII
Mass Effect Andromeda
Ghost recon
Cuphead
Assassins creed origins

These are the locks for the top 10. Slime Rancher and Trackmania turbo are probably pretty good bets too. As far as i know a 2016 game can make this list if enough ppl started it this year,its just a lot easier for ppl to check anything that came out in 2017 and see if it makes the list.
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 26 December 17 at 18:47
I've only played Injustice 2 of these, but I've played it a LOOOT, haha!
Streets Ahead
Oriole2682
Oriole2682
Posted on 26 December 17 at 18:50
KinectKid333 said:
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
I played 0 of them.
Same

One game I think will be in the top 10 that no one has said yet is Life is Strange. That came out this year, right?

Edit: Wow, not this year, not even last year, but the beginning of 2015. Wtf was I thinking
Maybe the sequel that came out this year is what you were thinking

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 December 17 at 19:01
i played only one of those games, and only recently...

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 December 17 at 19:19
I guarantee I've never played any of the top 20 every year laugh
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 26 December 17 at 19:37
I played 2 of them, Speedrunners and Minecraft...don't like either one.
Dragonborn Gear
Posted on 26 December 17 at 20:28
Danno Omen said:
DANIELJJ14 said:
Cuphead will no doubt be in the top 10 but I’m really struggling to think of many more titles other than Destiny 2 or CoD.

Destiny 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Ghost recon
Cuphead
Assassins creed origins

These are the locks for the top 10. Slime Rancher and Trackmania turbo are probably pretty good bets too. As far as i know a 2016 game can make this list if enough ppl started it this year,its just a lot easier for ppl to check anything that came out in 2017 and see if it makes the list.
I haven't played any game on the list nor any of the games you listed this year. And as for it counting, I think ANY game counts as long as you earned an achievement this year, thereby attaining the qualification of "playing" it in 2017. No where does it say it has to be a 2017 release. Gears of War 4 has to be in the top with these qualifications due to the title updates (namely September).
Danno Omen
Danno Omen
Posted on 26 December 17 at 20:51
Dragonborn Gear said:
Danno Omen said:
DANIELJJ14 said:

Destiny 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Ghost recon
Cuphead
Assassins creed origins

I haven't played any game on the list nor any of the games you listed this year. And as for it counting, I think ANY game counts as long as you earned an achievement this year, thereby attaining the qualification of "playing" it in 2017. No where does it say it has to be a 2017 release. Gears of War 4 has to be in the top with these qualifications due to the title updates (namely September).
I'm aware it can include previous years games,as i believe last year a game or 2 made the list. However these lists as far as i know is based on new,unique tags playing a game for the first time. I had to look it up just to see but last year Gears 4 made this list at 75k people having played it. The game is now at 126k gamers. So based on this Gears 4 should make the 2017 list with about 50k new users. That still puts it far behind COD,Destiny,Ghost Recon and Mass Effect. Now if this is indeed counting ppl that already started the game last year and then scored 1 or more achievements in 2017,then yes it will probably be higher on the list,but i am pretty sure this is based on people who started the game this year.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 26 December 17 at 21:23
I really wish I could understand why people like Destiny or cod. EA games are now welcome on my never buy list too now.
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 26 December 17 at 21:57
0 for 10 so far this year again. I'm usually about a year behind in game releases for the most part. Other than some GWG games (Tales of Borderlands, Slime Rancher, etc) I'm probably thinking I'll be 1 for 20 with the 1 being Forza 7.
Warboy925
Warboy925
Posted on 26 December 17 at 22:02
I'm betting Destiny 2 & AC: Origins take one of the top spots easy!!
R3f1CuL
R3f1CuL
Posted on 26 December 17 at 22:13
only played minecraft lol RE7 is on the eventually list tho i wont lie ... all the others i dont really have any interest in at all tho tbh ... top 10 probably wont fair much different i'd imagine 2017 was a very down year, spent most of it clearing out some backlog tbh minus wolfenstein and south park 2 i didnt really play anything new this year at all O.o
that guy
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 26 December 17 at 22:39
Wow very surprised For Honor is on this list. Must have been the two free play weekends. Also Resident Evil is worth the purchase this boxing week if you haven't played it already. Not the biggest fan of the series or survival-horror but this game is phenomenal.
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 26 December 17 at 22:46
3 games I considered buying and then never did.
2017 was the year of working through the backlog for me!
KY PRO 2008
KY PRO 2008
Posted on 26 December 17 at 22:46
cant believe that many suckers play cod or halo should be be world of tanks best game on xbox by far
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 26 December 17 at 23:39, Edited on 26 December 17 at 23:42 by adamrulz
0/10 for me ... I’m not a big AAA fan, though I do get to them sometimes, but like others, I have quite the backlog. More games than games played. I played COD but never popped an achievement and obviously haven’t played much. I wish more people played the small games like Snake Pass, Little Nightmares, and a lot of other Id@xbox games. There have been some real gems through that program, but oh well, at least I was able to play them!! As far as I’m concerned it’s the id@xbox program that gets me most excited each year with the exception of COD (loooove the campaigns, always have) and South Park: TFBW... which I still haven’t done much at all. I WISH WISH WISH they would bring “Storm” to the X1... fantastic and fresh platformer!! Damn I want to play it again!!
Trials “Anger Management” is killing me!! TONIGHT, I unlock it!
Sco Bravheart
Sco Bravheart
Posted on 27 December 17 at 00:07
Only 1 I played was speedrunners. I'm sure mass effect will be in the top 10, it was the only AAA game I played, and I feel bad for how hyped I got for it, just to be massively let down. Did enjoy Tales from The Borderlands and Slime Rancher.
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 27 December 17 at 00:07
Wouldn't Ark be the first new IP, and not For Honor?

KinectKid333 said:
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
I played 0 of them.
Same

One game I think will be in the top 10 that no one has said yet is Life is Strange. That came out this year, right?

Edit: Wow, not this year, not even last year, but the beginning of 2015. Wtf was I thinking
You're thinking of either the community playlist which had LiS, or the prequel Before the Storm that came out this year.
PsychicChicken
Posted on 27 December 17 at 00:15, Edited on 27 December 17 at 00:16 by PsychicChicken
The title of this list is very misleading. It should actually be "Most Started Games on Trueachievements" or "Most Tried Games on Trueachievements." "Most Played" sounds like time spent in game, which would make for a very different list, I'd suspect.
hitman04
hitman04
Posted on 27 December 17 at 00:30
These games will probably be in the Top 10:
GTA V/GTA Online
Overwatch
Gears of War 4
Call oF Duty: WWII
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Assassins Creed Origins
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.