hitman04 said:
These games will probably be in the Top 10:
GTA V/GTA Online
Overwatch
Gears of War 4
Call oF Duty: WWII
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Assassins Creed Origins
Um... did you not read the article? Star Wars Battlefront 2 is number 15.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
xDaddy Cake
xDaddy Cake
Posted on 27 December 17 at 01:05
I’m also very curious where PUBG ranked, i play on pc but since there were no achievements on x1 didnt feel. the need to download, i would hope it would be top 10.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 27 December 17 at 01:35
xDaddy Cake said:
I’m also very curious where PUBG ranked, i play on pc but since there were no achievements on x1 didnt feel. the need to download, i would hope it would be top 10.
Without achievements, it can't rank.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
ronnie42
ronnie42
Posted on 27 December 17 at 01:45
Ark was pretty good, odd that HW2 didn't do better, Re7 is terrible.
Doom rocks
beastman rules
Posted on 27 December 17 at 02:09
Ark sucks
i rule
Silver Salvo
Silver Salvo
Posted on 27 December 17 at 02:40
Danno Omen said:
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
SneezeSomeMilk said:
And by
Most Played Games
you actually mean
Games people have unlocked at least 1 achievement in
?

Or does this also count a game like path of exile where I have 0 achievements but a couple oy playing hours?
On TA we don't track a game you have until you've popped an achievement in it, so the former is how we derive these numbers.
It's a shame there wasn't some way to track without achievements. Only reason I'd want that is to see what kind of numbers pubg would get on Xbox and if it would take the top spot or where it would land
I feel like that would be redundant as you can remove them anyway.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 27 December 17 at 02:46
I only played Ark as a trial and haven't popped an achievement in that version of Minecraft yet. Though those are the only two of these I have played.
Legohead 1977
Redd Five
Redd Five
Posted on 27 December 17 at 02:53
Default said:
Oddworld X said:
Call of Duty or Gears of War 4 could be #2

I already know what #1 and it's thanks to me
I can still hear the announcer in my head from the start of the game.
I'm thinking this may involve boats in some way?
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 27 December 17 at 03:47
Didn’t play a single one of these. I never seem to play what’s popular. Or free (being on a Silver membership).
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
Philmnator
Philmnator
Posted on 27 December 17 at 05:44
Did you jump back into Mincraft for some new achievements?
smile

But seriously, I've spent a good number of hours in Minecraft BT, but only in Creative Mode so no Achievements popped yet (2018 though)!
JeDiMlnDTrlcks
Posted on 27 December 17 at 05:57
COD WW2
Destiny 2
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Assassin's Creed Origins
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
South Park: The Fractured but Whole
Cuphead
Forza Motorsport 7
Madden NFL 18
What Remains of Edith Finch
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 27 December 17 at 05:59
The Last Jedi was not good. It was the polar opposite of good.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 27 December 17 at 06:44
JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
COD WW2
Destiny 2
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Assassin's Creed Origins
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
South Park: The Fractured but Whole
Cuphead
Forza Motorsport 7
Madden NFL 18
What Remains of Edith Finch
The last place game on this list has 28000 gamers roughly. South Park, Wolfenstein 2, Middle Earth, Forza 7, Madden 18 and What Remains of Edith Finch have under this number so none of those will be on it.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 27 December 17 at 09:38
Great to see RE7 on there. It should easily be a GOTY contender. Lovely game.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
Daelus1
Daelus1
Posted on 27 December 17 at 11:22, Edited on 27 December 17 at 11:23 by Daelus1
Yikes, never played any of them and there are 2 games I haven't even heard of! I play everything that comes out that might interest me, which means I will have only played ME, AC and Slime Rancher in the top 10....and possibly Skyrim as it released at the end of 2016.

That said, I did spend hundreds of hours in each of Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Mass Effect universe, Stardew Valley, Pillars of Eternity, Borderlands 2 and Dragon's Dogma....it would be interesting to see this list by hours played.....interestingly, not even the Xbox year-in-review page shows game times actually played, it too appears to be linked to Achievements or possibly when you first played the game.....I have spent more time in Fallout 4 than any other game this year, yet it isn't even noted in my top 5.....unfortunate.
Bellsten
Bellsten
Posted on 27 December 17 at 13:11, Edited on 27 December 17 at 13:12 by Bellsten
Danno Omen said:
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
SneezeSomeMilk said:
And by
Most Played Games
you actually mean
?

Or does this also count a game like path of exile where I have 0 achievements but a couple oy playing hours?
On TA we don't track a game you have until you've popped an achievement in it, so the former is how we derive these numbers.
It's a shame there wasn't some way to track without achievements. Only reason I'd want that is to see what kind of numbers pubg would get on Xbox and if it would take the top spot or where it would land
Well if you're curious on how its doing on Xbox in general and not just on TA, then just head over to the most played games on Xbox live. You will need to switch the regions around at the bottom left of the page to see how its doing in each region.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/most-played/games/xbox
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 27 December 17 at 13:27
Bellsten said:
Danno Omen said:
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
SneezeSomeMilk said:
And by
Most Played Games
you actually mean
?

Well if you're curious on how its doing on Xbox in general and not just on TA, then just head over to the most played games on Xbox live. You will need to switch the regions around at the bottom left of the page to see how its doing in each region.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/most-played/games/xbox
Thank you for the link, very interesting. Only four games from TA’s list is on the top 20 on Xbox right now. Fortnite is #1 in the US, didn’t know the game was that popular.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 27 December 17 at 14:13
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
Thank you for the link, very interesting. Only four games from TA’s list is on the top 20 on Xbox right now. Fortnite is #1 in the US, didn’t know the game was that popular.
Fortnite: Battle Royale is popular! The base game is not popular at all.

For those saying it should be based on time played, Xbox's "time played" system counts in-game time whether you're sitting at the start menu or actually playing (I once went on vacation for a week, left a game running, and now it looks like I've played an obscene amount), so it's a poor system of gauging what game actually was the most played. The format may not be perfect, but it at least tells us something about the amount of people that played each game.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 27 December 17 at 14:29
I played some of these games, other ones are in my backlog, it has been an interesting year!
DARK 777
CRZYSPZ
CRZYSPZ
Posted on 27 December 17 at 14:32
I'm guessing.....

Gears of War 4
CoD: WWII
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Slime Rancher
Destiny 2
FIFA 18
Forza Motorsport 7

and maybe....

CoD: Black Ops II
Final Fantasy XV (one can wish, right?)
Darksiders
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.