Game Discussion: Ruiner Forum

Ruiner-crashing?

AuthorMessage
PNOIDSCHIZ
472,530
PNOIDSCHIZ
Posted on 28 December 17 at 12:03
Wondering if anyone else has the issue of this game freezing, making that buzzing sound then send u back to dashboard during gameplay?
jimmyclutchman
Posted on 27 March 18 at 14:39
Yess!!!!!! So annoying it’s conpletely unplayable now
PNOIDSCHIZ
472,530
PNOIDSCHIZ
Posted on 31 March 18 at 03:53
Just keep at it. It stopped freezing after a while... It was also partly due to my console... It froze for me on AC Origins as well.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 April 18 at 00:44
The game crashed on me when doing the speedrun nearly did it under an hour killed the final boss then game crashes!!
Bar6arian
497,187
Bar6arian
Posted on 24 April 18 at 03:14
Reach out to the devs via email but they tell me they can't reproduce a crash. I'm not even sure I can do under an hour but the game consistently crashed on me towards the end at different parts. I think I have a bugged game or maybe a corrupt save/file. There more than likely won't be an update as people are getting it completed.
K1ck
977,160
K1ck
Posted on 30 April 18 at 13:58, Edited on 30 April 18 at 13:58 by K1ck
Biohazard1320 said:
The game crashed on me when doing the speedrun nearly did it under an hour killed the final boss then game crashes!!
It also happened to me. I completed the speedrun mode on 57~58 minutes and the game crashed after the final Heaven battle. This game shows that I've unlocked all outfits now (includes "under 1 hour speedrun" outfit), but "Dressed to Kill" achievement is still not unlocked for me. I played this game on my gaming PC equipped with the 7th gen i7 CPU and the GTX 1080 graphics card, so I think the instability of this game seems a better explanation than insufficient computer performance. I think I have to try again...cry
LOST Nr
829,546
LOST Nr
Posted on 14 July 18 at 03:15
Game is crashing for me as well during different parts/levels.

Especially annoying when you are trying to finish a speedrun since there are no saves which means you have to start from scratch when the game crashes/freezes.
BLYAST
741,152
BLYAST
Posted on 23 September 18 at 08:37
Just went for my 2nd speedrun. Both attempts crashed for me during the final levels. I can't even get the complete a speedrun achievement FFS.

I refuse to waste any more time grinding for the speedrun 1 hour achievement only to have to it crash again.

Such a shame, because it is a great game I would have loved to complete.

Ps - Did anyone who had it crash find anything to prevent this from happening? Or just hope you get lucky??
OG
DDShadow
700,174
DDShadow
Posted on 24 September 18 at 02:28
BLYAST said:
Just went for my 2nd speedrun. Both attempts crashed for me during the final levels. I can't even get the complete a speedrun achievement FFS.

I refuse to waste any more time grinding for the speedrun 1 hour achievement only to have to it crash again.

Such a shame, because it is a great game I would have loved to complete.

Ps - Did anyone who had it crash find anything to prevent this from happening? Or just hope you get lucky??
Are you getting crashes while attempting any of the level skips or are they just completely random crashes? For me, I only got crashes when I attempted the out of bounds skips in Hell and Furnace. The crashes would always occur at the exact same spots, and only in speedrun mode. After I did the two levels without skipping anything the crashing stopped.
Proscaline
685,125
Proscaline
Posted on 24 September 18 at 03:39
I experienced multiple crashes when doing my first glitchrun. I reinstalled the game and did a second without any issues. I think it's just kind of random, unfortunately.
BLYAST
741,152
BLYAST
Posted on 24 September 18 at 09:34, Edited on 24 September 18 at 09:35 by BLYAST
I will try reinstalling and giving it a trial run without doing any glitches one more time to see if it crashes. I am on an XB1X as well.

My crashes occurred in the final levels, with the corpse piles and angels and with the hyperspeed car, not during a glitch. The game also crashed for me on my no death run, and on my new game+ run, didn't matter then with the checkpoints, but terrible for speedrun.

I now see why the TA ratio is so high. Difficulty is one thing, but this kills it for me. BIG kudos to all who got this done though. Crashing aside, that time is fast, and pulling off those glitches clutch on a speedrun is no easy feat.
OG
ThePaleHorseman
1,226,409
ThePaleHorseman
Posted on 15 October 18 at 01:17, Edited on 15 October 18 at 03:28 by ThePaleHorseman
My issue is the same as BLYAST. It crashes on that first superloop car in the level right after the furnace. Every... single.. time. And its pisses me off beyond belief because its so close to the end of the damn speed run. It's fucking ridiculous that such a game breaking bug can get past their testing. No doubt they didn't even test the stupid speed run mode before they threw in those fucking achievements. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling. Hopefully that does something but I don't have much faith.

And now it crashed at the loading screen to fighting Trafficking. Fuck this game, seriously. How the hell anybody completed this garbage is beyond me. I can't stand when a game is impossible to complete not from a lack of ability, but because it is broken and there is nothing you can fucking do about it.
Bar6arian
497,187
Bar6arian
Posted on 20 October 18 at 05:54
ThePaleHorseman said:
My issue is the same as BLYAST. It crashes on that first superloop car in the level right after the furnace. Every... single.. time. And its pisses me off beyond belief because its so close to the end of the damn speed run. It's fucking ridiculous that such a game breaking bug can get past their testing. No doubt they didn't even test the stupid speed run mode before they threw in those fucking achievements. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling. Hopefully that does something but I don't have much faith.

And now it crashed at the loading screen to fighting Trafficking. Fuck this game, seriously. How the hell anybody completed this garbage is beyond me. I can't stand when a game is impossible to complete not from a lack of ability, but because it is broken and there is nothing you can fucking do about it.
I know this thread is getting old but you said it exactly how I have felt. I have tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling but nothing seems to stabilize this game. I have tried to skip but can't do it, though I believe it can be done without skipping but still game crashed always towards the end of the game and it was completely random when. These are the type of bugs that make me never want to support a dev/publisher because they will not fix. Regardless if they can reproduce the error/crash. To bad though as they were having a good run of games.
Mr Abductor
403,504
Mr Abductor
Posted on 03 December 18 at 00:47
Just a comment to say that this still hasn't been fixed yet. So for the guys that wanna speed run this be advised.
Ugotes
330,208
Ugotes
Posted on 21 December 18 at 22:32
Game crashed both times at the very end of the Furnace level when trying to kill those two guys guarding the blade. Each of these two speedruns I was posting great times and had an excellent chance at coming in under an hour.

This is so deflating.
Ugotes
330,208
Ugotes
Posted on 25 December 18 at 22:17
Got the damn thing done yesterday. Thank God.

Got past the Furnace level by shooting both guys instead of using the spin attack.
Slenderson
315,778
Slenderson
Posted on 26 January 19 at 14:34
I beat the game on normal in order to unlock New Game +. Went back to play it and New Game + mode was greyed out and unclickable. I had no Continue to continue if i selected a level it would be on New Game + difficulty (unchangeable in game) and I beat the final boss and the epilogue fight on New Game + mode with minimal skills unlocked and it didn't do anything for me. Still had a blanked out New Game + option and no continue. Had to start a new game which removed all of my progression. Anyone else have this problem?
Czesio83
390,831
Czesio83
Posted on 10 June 19 at 12:06
Ugotes said:
Got the damn thing done yesterday. Thank God.

Got past the Furnace level by shooting both guys instead of using the spin attack.
Good job:)
I always hanged up before the fight 3 boss
or in a room with 4 angels.it helped to clear up the memory cache.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.