Game Discussion: Cuphead Forum

Bouncing Ball achievement doesn't unlock

AuthorMessage
Deadsh0tGG
Deadsh0tGG
Posted on 02 January 18 at 02:55, Edited on 02 January 18 at 02:59 by Deadsh0tGG
So I am dealing with an issue here.

I am currently at world 3 and I checked the achievement list for the first time (have unlocked some just by playing). Then I saw this achievement:

CupheadBouncing BallThe Bouncing Ball achievement in Cuphead worth 80 pointsParry five times before hitting the ground

I was 100% that I have done those 5 parries before, yet I didn't earn the achievement. I doubted myself and I went to try and farm this at some spots recommended at the solutions (the queen bee boss, the run and gun in world 2 -where btw I originally got my 5 parries without checking the achievement list). However, I got no luck and the achievement remains locked (not done unlocking or 100% locked, just 0% locked).

I am pretty sure I am doing everything as intended and as shown in some videos (in stage 2 of the bee boss, I got like 10+ parries in the row). I have also done the removed my acc-power cycle the console-redownload my acc thing. No luck either.

Has anyone experienced this?

edit: I am going to try and record a clip of me attempting this, just in case I am missing something and I am doing it wrong, though I highly doubt it.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 02 January 18 at 03:04
Just to make sure....

You aren't touching the ground right?

It's 5 in a row.... before your feet hit the ground.
Deadsh0tGG
Deadsh0tGG
Posted on 02 January 18 at 03:31, Edited on 02 January 18 at 03:47 by Deadsh0tGG
New Paralyzer said:
Just to make sure....

You aren't touching the ground right?

It's 5 in a row.... before your feet hit the ground.
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I do know that it's 5 in a row, all in the air. laugh

I will try to upload the clip I just recorded, in which I do 5+ in a row twice.

edit: OK, so now the achievement went to 100% locked status (maybe 1-2 attempts after I did a run for a game clip). That's a good sign. Maybe XBL was having some issues. Hopefully, the cheevo will pop in 3-4 days.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 02 January 18 at 06:28
A lot of people are claiming Achievement issues recently. It's most likely a Microsoft thing.
Deadsh0tGG
Deadsh0tGG
Posted on 02 January 18 at 14:22
New Paralyzer said:
A lot of people are claiming Achievement issues recently. It's most likely a Microsoft thing.
Yeah, that's probably the case. However, I found it weird cause I unlocked 1-2 achievements after that (complete world 2 for example) and after I tried to farm it since yesterday, I unlocked 1 achievement (the finding one shortcut one).

Btw, here is my clip from yesterday:

Deadsh0tGG playing Cuphead
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 03 January 18 at 01:51
Yeah you did the achievement. Just wait for the pop. Should happen whenever whatever Microsoft issue gets resolved.
swedishmailman
Posted on 03 January 18 at 18:19
My achievements have been taking awhile to pop for about the past week on Cuphead. Happened to me on Bravo Zulu P-26 and Pacifist and I was getting kind of nervous because they took forever to pop.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.