Game Discussion: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Forum

Potential game-crash spot warning

AuthorMessage
AchillesOfChad
Posted on 03 January 18 at 04:15
I have done two full playthroughs and both times when you are tasked with retrieving Fergus's arm the game has crashed whenever I tried to talk with Paris Jack about it. I own the digital-deluxe version of this game so I dunno if that happens on the disc version, just be wary if you’re doing a Mein Leben run wink
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 03 January 18 at 13:12
Good info to know. I will say this after about 80 hours of playing on an old forza X1 I never had the game crash so I think the potential is limited to this. Albeit I never talked to Paris I always went straight to the place I knew it was already and grabbed the arm so luckily this particular crash is aboidable.
Groznia
Groznia
Posted on 04 January 18 at 04:49, Edited on 05 January 18 at 21:38 by Groznia
I can confirm this happens when you are told to search for Wyatt as well, it always boots me out to the xbox dashboard when I attempt to talk to that guy.

The workaround as far as I can tell is you can't immediately go to Paris Jack but you have to speak to the Professor, then Horton, and then finally Paris Jack, when I did it that way it didn't crash.
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 04 January 18 at 08:18
You don't have to talk to anyone just go straight for the arm it's in the air duct reachable from the hangar.
Groznia
Groznia
Posted on 04 January 18 at 16:37
FNSUITE GHOST said:
You don't have to talk to anyone just go straight for the arm it's in the air duct reachable from the hangar.
I believe you but I was simply stating that this happens when you are playing on the Wyatt time line as well. And since I didn't know where to find him I managed to complete the quest without the crash happening again by following those steps.

I imagine as in the case of the arm its also possible to find Wyatt without having to speak to anyone, he's under the shooting range.
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 05 January 18 at 02:49
Ahh my mistake I completely forgot about the different time lines TBH. But I imagine you're right , you should be able to just go to the location without talking just like for fergus, under the shooting range as you pointed out . toast
AchillesOfChad
Posted on 09 January 18 at 02:43
Skipped talking to Paris and got the arm without a problem. No crashes happened after that and Mein Leben is done smile
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 17 March 19 at 19:50
Thank you everyone for this thread, had it crash twice on me, so I just skipped to finding him under the shooting range.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.