Game Discussion: MagnaCarta 2 (KR) Forum

Copy for Sale

AuthorMessage
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 09 January 18 at 08:26
First and foremost Yes the Game is in Korean Language but thanks to the Great Walktrough here on TrueAchievements this game is going to be easy to complete.. also if you play one of the Regular Versions first (EU / US) you're going to breeze trough.. trust me ;-)...

anyway..

If anyone is looking for a copy i have one for trade / sale ;-)

I'd like to trade MC2 for a copy of Bioshock KR i'm also willing to throw a couple german stacks in to sweeten the deal for you (mostly boosting duplicates) Saints 1 DE , Conflict (DE) , Turning Point(DE) , Quake 4 (DE)...

If you don't have Bioshock KR but you're still interesed in buying my copy feel free to send me an offer.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 09 January 18 at 16:51
I'm thinking about it. I do know a little Korean though certainly not enough to play the game. However, I'm sure I could muddle through it. I played, but did not complete, the first Magna Carta game when I was in Korea over 15 years ago and some friends there showed me the game on the PC.

A couple of questions. I haven't played any Korean games but I believe they are compatible with the JP NTSC XBox. Is this correct?

The second question is does the game include the DLC? If not, I guess I would have to change my region to Korea and buy it from the Korean XBox store.
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 10 January 18 at 13:44
1. Yes the Game doesn't run on US / EU Consoles you need to own a NTSC / J Console to play the Game.

2. Getting your Hands on the DLC is going to be really difficult you need to know a South Korean Citizen cause their Marketplace is "locked" (you need to enter ID INFOS or something to buy content) maybe one of your KOrean Friends can help you with that? As far as i remember the DLC is not IP Locked.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 10 January 18 at 15:55
I have several JP 360s so that's not an issue. I'll check into the Korean marketplace. If it's similar to the JP marketplace, I won't have a problem except that my Korean is very rudimentary. However, I expect that entering the registration information will not be that complex. I can read Korean although I am very much a beginner.

As you can tell from my GamerTag, I like the game and would like to buy or trade for it. I don't have a PAL 360 so the German stacks would not help me. My German is very rusty and I should play more German games but the easiest way to do it would be on the X1 where regions are not an issue. The German games I am most interested in are non-stacks--Two Worlds (I did the TA walkthrough & played the game in German on the PC) and Venetica (I played the German version on the PC when it was first released in 2009) to name a couple.

I don't have any Korean games so I don't have BioShock (KR) (Xbox 360). However, what I would propose is that I pay you in TA Pro Memberships--I think two (50 Euro equivalent) would be a fair price since you would have to pay for overseas shipping. If you agree, I can give you the memberships immediately and then can PM you my address in the US. That would make Rich happy as well. smile
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 11 January 18 at 06:15, Edited on 11 January 18 at 06:36 by Sabin VI
Ok to make this clear this Game is pretty Rare it took me a couple Months to get my Hands on it also importing Games from Oversea is a pain in the Ass if you live in Germany so Dealing with the Customs got me several Headaches (and of course they charged me import fees) so in the end i paid more than double the amount that you're offering wink btw there is a South Korean Seller on ebay he sold several Copies of this Game for 150$ shipping not included and no i didn't buy his copy but i've been following him for a while and i saw him selling several games including wall-E KR for 200-250$ laugh... of course i'm not charging THAT much.. but like i said it's a rare Game so if you want Rare Games you've got to pay for them i mean even the European Version is pricey (25-30€) .. and unlike the Korean Version that game is very easy to get.

Do i care about TA pro Membership? No.. i want Cash or Rare Games wink

So i'm sorry to inform you but 50€ is not enough.. i'd rather keep the game then.

Fun Fact: The Japanese Version is Super Cheap (10-15 Euros) but the DLC is almost 40 Euros shock
Living Legends
Posted on 11 January 18 at 08:45
let me ask someone Sabin, I think they have it or are looking for it.

Also, I need you to import me German games to the US. kthxbye
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 11 January 18 at 17:27, Edited on 11 January 18 at 17:32 by Allgorhythm
Sabin VI said:
Ok to make this clear this Game is pretty Rare it took me a couple Months to get my Hands on it also importing Games from Oversea is a pain in the Ass if you live in Germany so Dealing with the Customs got me several Headaches (and of course they charged me import fees) so in the end i paid more than double the amount that you're offering wink btw there is a South Korean Seller on ebay he sold several Copies of this Game for 150$ shipping not included and no i didn't buy his copy but i've been following him for a while and i saw him selling several games including wall-E KR for 200-250$ laugh... of course i'm not charging THAT much.. but like i said it's a rare Game so if you want Rare Games you've got to pay for them i mean even the European Version is pricey (25-30€) .. and unlike the Korean Version that game is very easy to get.

Do i care about TA pro Membership? No.. i want Cash or Rare Games wink

So i'm sorry to inform you but 50€ is not enough.. i'd rather keep the game then.

Fun Fact: The Japanese Version is Super Cheap (10-15 Euros) but the DLC is almost 40 Euros shock
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you. I can buy from one of the Korean buying services. When I quoted you the two TA pro memberships for a 50 Euro value, I thought I was being more than fair. I can get a used copy of the game for 17,900 South Korean Won (just under 14 Euro) or a new copy for 398,800 KRW (just over 14 Euro). The buying service normally adds 15% but, if the order is under 134,000 KRW (104 Euro) there is a minimum 20,000 KRW fee (just under 16 Euro). I'd have to pay shipping which, to the US, would be about 10 Euro. So, I could get it for the equivalent of 40 Euro but was offering you 50.

I did a quick search for Bioshock (KR). It looks like you can get it for about 45,000 KRW or just over 35 Euros. I could only find used not new. You can get a new version of the Korean Bioshock Collection for less than that--40,000 KRW. However, although it includes the Korean Bioshock, if I understand TA correctly, the Korean version of the X1 collection, unlike the individual 360 game, does not stack.

At the risk of boring you, if you're going to be buying a lot of Asian games, you should buy directly and not through local e-bay where they price gouge you. I've seen the same thing in the US where a seller tries to get you to pay 150 USD for a 15 USD used game.

I would recommend you look into a good buying service. For Japanese stuff, I highly recommend Rinkya.com. In fact, you can usually find most Asian video game items from Japanese merchants. Since Magna Carta is a Korean series, though, it makes more sense to buy directly from Korea. Rinkya will let you bid on auctions in Japan or buy directly from an online retailer. They will warehouse your purchases so you can consolidate a shipment & save money. They even manage rewards programs for me:

https://www.rinkya.com/en/signup/basic?referrer=10774

I don't know where in Germany you live. If you don't have Korean friends that can help you, go to a Korean grocer for advice. Chances are the grocer will even get the items for you. Because I haven't used a Korean buying service myself, I hesitate to recommend one. I know people who have used collectkorea but I don't have any personal experience. I used them for the fees above because collectkorea ships to Germany.

If you're seriously interested in BioShock (KR) (Xbox 360), here's a link to an auction site that is good for Korean games. On the top left of the page click to the left of XBOX to filter for just 360 and XBox One games. The list will change depending on what is being auctioned. Currently, the top of the list shows BioShock (KR) (Xbox 360) used in good condition for 45,800 KRW with a 2,500 KRW delivery fee. I don't know about Korea but, when I order from Rinkya, they arrange for the shipping and such fees are waived.

https://tinyurl.com/bioshock-korea

Because there's an age restriction for Bioshock, unlike Magna Carta 2, you can't look at the individual games without logging in. Here's an inexpensive (14 Euro) copy of MagnaCarta 2 (KR). If I were to buy it, though, I would get it in Japan where I'd have to pay the equivalent of 20 Euro but would have the comfort of dealing with merchants I know and a buying service I am comfortable with. I would avoid the merchant you have been dealing with on Ebay. MagnaCarta 2 (KR) is not a rare game:

http://itempage3.auction.co.kr/DetailView.aspx?ItemNo=A54986...
Jonker
Jonker
Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:47
BioShock (KR) (Xbox 360) is usually more expensive and "rare" than MagnaCarta 2 (KR), if you get them directly from Korea as Allgorhythm suggests, even with the fees and stuff.

Neither game is rare or hard to find in Korea, but people on eBay want to take advantage of others who don't know where to look.

Last year I got the Limited Edition of MagnaCarta 2 (KR), the external plastic seal had been opened but everything inside is brand new and sealed. It was shipped from Korea using EMS (only released in Korea and limited to 1000 units, also it's a considerably big box). And I'm pretty sure I paid less than what you're asking for just a standard copy.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 12 January 18 at 01:21
Jonker said:
Neither game is rare or hard to find in Korea, but people on eBay want to take advantage of others who don't know where to look.
Yes, that was my point and I really should have said that the game was not rare in Korea. In North America and Europe, neither it nor BioShock (KR) (Xbox 360) is readily available. Both are out of stock from Play-Asia.com and you can't get good prices on E-bay.

The second hand market in Asia is more robust than it is in the west. Many people buy games and are very careful to preserve all the packaging so they can resell the game in mint or near-mint condition. It has become easier recently to tap into these second hand markets. The buying services I mentioned are fairly new. Rinkya was established in 2001. Collectkorea is even younger--it's only been around six or seven years. I used to travel extensively in the Pacific Rim but my last trip was in 2005. So, I now use the buying services to make up for not physically traveling to the markets.
Jonker
Jonker
Posted on 12 January 18 at 15:07, Edited on 12 January 18 at 15:11 by Jonker
Allgorhythm said:
Jonker said:
Yes, that was my point and I really should have said that the game was not rare in Korea. In North America and Europe, neither it nor BioShock (KR) (Xbox 360) is readily available. Both are out of stock from Play-Asia.com and you can't get good prices on E-bay.

The second hand market in Asia is more robust than it is in the west. Many people buy games and are very careful to preserve all the packaging so they can resell the game in mint or near-mint condition. It has become easier recently to tap into these second hand markets. The buying services I mentioned are fairly new. Rinkya was established in 2001. Collectkorea is even younger--it's only been around six or seven years. I used to travel extensively in the Pacific Rim but my last trip was in 2005. So, I now use the buying services to make up for not physically traveling to the markets.
Yeah, I'm surprised more people don't do that and prefer to pay stupidly high prices. I have been able to get most of the region or country specific games (outside of Asia) by just asking! You'd be surprised how helpful people can be. For example, one time I found a seller on ebay.it with a listing for DUCATI - 90th Anniversary at a very good price but he did not offer international shipping, so I messaged him and he was very helpful, he agreed to ship it overseas for just like 10 euro and he even helped me find a very good condition copy of Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen! (IT) which was amazing! And I've done that for many other countries, just ask! the worst thing that can happen is they don't reply or they say no. So far I'm only needing someone in France and Canada to hook me up with some games but no luck so far cry

And obviously I try to pay it forwards, I have hunted down and shipped quite a few copies of El Chavo Kart for TA members, which sadly is pretty much the only game I can help with, but it's getting harder to find and the turn-off is that shipping from Mexico is stupidly expensive, even domestic shipping costs more than I've paid for stuff shipped from Europe, but still beats people asking for like $100 for the game.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 12 January 18 at 15:24, Edited on 12 January 18 at 15:49 by Allgorhythm
Jonker said:
Yeah, I'm surprised more people don't do that and prefer to pay stupidly high prices. I have been able to get most of the region or country specific games (outside of Asia) by just asking! You'd be surprised how helpful people can be. For example, one time I found a seller on ebay.it with a listing for DUCATI - 90th Anniversary at a very good price but he did not offer international shipping, so I messaged him and he was very helpful, he agreed to ship it overseas for just like 10 euro and he even helped me find a very good condition copy of Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen! (IT) which was amazing! And I've done that for many other countries, just ask! the worst thing that can happen is they don't reply or they say no. So far I'm only needing someone in France and Canada to hook me up with some games but no luck so far cry

And obviously I try to pay it forwards, I have hunted down and shipped quite a few copies of El Chavo Kart for TA members, which sadly is pretty much the only game I can help with, but it's getting harder to find and the turn-off is that shipping from Mexico is stupidly expensive, even domestic shipping costs more than I've paid for stuff shipped from Europe, but still beats people asking for like $100 for the game.
It's easier in big cities with large Asian populations. This is because people living abroad like to have reach back to their home countries. When I was in Atlanta, Georgia; there was a Japanese bookstore that provided a lot of services for Japanese living in the city. Through them, you could subscribe to any magazine, for example, and pick it up from your subscription 'box' when it came in. You could generally get anything you wanted from Japan through them for a very reasonable handling fee and pick it up from the store. Sadly, they closed down a few years ago probably because they couldn't compete with the online services.

Asian grocery stores--Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, etc.--provide a wealth of services other than just selling food and tea. Before everything became digital, you could rent VHS tapes or DVDs of TV shows or series and get just about anything you wanted from the countries they dealt with. In other words, you could piggy back off the grocery store's purchasing services and transportation arrangements. I live in a fairly small town in Alabama now but, if I were hard up for something, I would check out Nashville and Birmingham that are each an hour and a half from where I live or Atlanta which is four hours away.

Naturally, you can just Google. However, it is better to get advice from people in the know. I'm most interested in Japan but I am confident I could make similar arrangements to get items from the other Pacific Asian countries.
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 12 January 18 at 21:20
haha you didn't inslut me also i'm not trying to scam people if you can get a cheap copy go ahead and buy it no offense taken.. also I'm aware that Bio is more expensive that's why i said i throw in a couple german games as well :) including duplicates.

Buying Games from Gmarket etc. using buy services can be a double edged sword though i ended up getting a Bio2 Asian Version once :( it wasn't expensive though but still.. anyways thanks for all the info toast
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 13 January 18 at 01:16
Sabin VI said:
haha you didn't inslut me also i'm not trying to scam people if you can get a cheap copy go ahead and buy it no offense taken.. also I'm aware that Bio is more expensive that's why i said i throw in a couple german games as well :) including duplicates.
I certainly didn't think that you were trying to scam people and I hope I didn't give that impression. If you live in or near a big city, I would recommend checking out a couple of Korean grocers and see if they can help you out.
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 13 January 18 at 10:34, Edited on 13 January 18 at 12:44 by Sabin VI
Germany is pretty regulated when it comes to Media.. it's not allowed to sell Non USK Rated Games in stores.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 13 January 18 at 15:16, Edited on 13 January 18 at 15:18 by Allgorhythm
Sabin VI said:
Germany is pretty regulated when it comes to Media.. it's not allowed to sell Non USK Rated Games in stores.
I guess that would rule out a Korean store purchasing games on your behalf. However, they still might be able to advise you on the best way to do it. I know your circumstances are different from mine. I am interested in language resources so I want ready access to the markets. The less one buys the less willing one is to make special arrangements.

At any rate, it appears that fair market value in Korea for BioShock (KR) (Xbox 360) is just under 40 Euros. If you're buying just one item, you'll probably have to pay a 16 Euro fee to the buying service. However, if you buy several things so that all items come to about 104 Euros, you will pay a 15% fee so the fee for the game would only come to 6 Euro.

In other words, purchased individually, fair market price is 56 Euros and, purchased with other items, fair market price is 46 Euros. I don't have a good idea on shipping but I would expect it to be in the 10 Euro range. Again, there might be less expensive buying services than CollectKorea.com but I was using them because I know they ship to Germany.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.