Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Eight XBLA Delistings Bring in the New Year

• punkyliarpunkyliar219,866
  • JamPound32JamPound321,087,373
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 19:36
    I get an error trying to purchase that dlc.
  • Posted on 09 January 18 at 19:39
    Delisting the 3rd Deathspank game but not the other two?
    This space for rent.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario887,893
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 19:41
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Most of these delistings were published by the same publisher. The first 2 games had a different publisher.
    Game On.
  • Posted on 09 January 18 at 19:53
    Was this posted anywhere? I may have been interested in trying these out but now cant.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper940,254
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 19:54
    Guess I'm never getting 100% on the Deathspank series now laugh

Also Adventures of Shuggy was really fun.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar219,866
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 19:54
    With1nTheRuins said:
    Was this posted anywhere? I may have been interested in trying these out but now cant.
    No, but this is far from unusual. If there is prior knowledge of content being delisted, we tell you.
  • Posted on 09 January 18 at 19:54
    JumboWario said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Most of these delistings were published by the same publisher. The first 2 games had a different publisher.
    The companies responsible for this include Games published by Aksys Games, Games published by Valcon Games and Games published by Tik Games. I would likely guess it's either License Issues or Bankruptcy. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the latter.

Among all of these De-Listings, if the other two Deathspanks don't get de-listed, it's possible DeathSpank: The Baconing could get a revival change of being returned, if EA pull their boots out and actually accquire the rights for the game. But we all know what EA's like. They like to shutdown and de-list stuff without giving the proper notice it should do.

I think I know one guy who will be very unhappy with the De-Listing of Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien among anyone --- Charles Martinet.
  • ILethalStangILethalStang443,746
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 19:59
    Good I'll be passing on all those
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:00
    GamerScoreM4STA said:
    Good I'll be passing on all those
    Yes, because you can't buy them anymore ...
  • Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:03
    Most of the games these days that are being de-listed are old, 360 indie games

Doesn't suprise me when they delist games I never heard of like DeathSpank

If only they could make the games go 90% off a week before they get delisted then I might consider but they instead delist them without a warning
    Xbox: GTASAROCKS88 Steam: HughyJuspur
  • Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:13
    RadiantViper said:

Only if you didn't purchase them. Keep in mind that just cause they are delisted doesn't mean you can't play them if you already bought them. It only means you cannot purchase them anymore.
    \m/ Metal \m/
  • Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:13
    Should have grabbed DeathSpank
    Estranged
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:14
    ImTheMetalLord said:
    RadiantViper said:

Only if you didn't purchase them. Keep in mind that just cause they are delisted doesn't mean you can't play them if you already bought them. It only means you cannot purchase them anymore.
    Yeah, I know. I never bothered to buy the last Deathspank game but I have 100% on the first two.
  • GREGO McGEEGREGO McGEE2,806,127
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:17
    All 3 deathspank games were fantastic.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483281,955
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:26
    I quite enjoyed Chime for a slower paced game. Decent music too. Will have to redownload it, always meant to go back to it.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,278,083
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:29
    moron companies who delist without notification. even a few hundred sales because of an announcement would be good. too bad.
  • Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:38
    Had some of the games on my watchlist for quite some time. Waiting for a discount. Deathspank & ARES were $15 each. With no sale during the last years.

Maybe if they would add a couple of different games in the weekly sale rotation every now and then games like this would sell better. But it's always the same games over and over again.
  • Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:41
    Xotic was a weird game. Sucks to have these delisted without warning, but I didn't plan on purchasing any of them.
    See You Space Cowboy...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.