Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Eight XBLA Delistings Bring in the New Year

• WithTheDawnWithTheDawn931,924
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 23:53
    Chine is such a beautiful game. Really need to go back to it at some point.
  • ZenkotoZenkoto592,229
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 23:57
    Nooooo.... I purchased the first two DeathSpank and was planning on purchasing the third game at some point. It's such a shame when games get delisted or servers get closed without some sort of notice.
  • Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,571,215
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 00:02
    That's a shame, I was hoping the 3rd Deathspank would become backwards compatible but I guess that won't be happening.
  • Posted on 10 January 18 at 00:03
    Damn it, I would have liked to get Runner2 before the delisting. I wish there would have been a warning. Still, on the bright side, it was nice to get The Undergarden dlc. I bought it immediately to make sure I was safe.
  • Posted on 10 January 18 at 00:19
    Shuggy was a very fun game, local multi Achievement aside.
    If you're reading this, you aren't hunting Achievements.
  • NoApologies1988NoApologies19881,973,055
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 00:27
    I must be one of the few that gets genuinely pissed off at things like this.

All those Transformers games that got axed the other week i ended up buying, purely because they were getting axed.

How do they not see that as a good choice for, at least a little buisness?
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead705,514
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 00:29, Edited on 10 January 18 at 01:02 by HolyHalfDead
    BulgyDragonZord said:
    I would likely guess it's either License Issues or Bankruptcy. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the latter.
    If you paid to list an item on eBay each day, and after 365 days you only sold 3, would you continue giving eBay your money? I think that most of the time if not enough people are buying what you are selling, then you simply stop selling it. As you say, it can also be because of licence period expiry or bankruptcy.

OldSchoolBlood said:
    Sure wish Microsoft had a standard 30 day notice etc. For delistings. They would get a spike in sales at the end if they would just notify us. Some of these ok games I wait to go on sale. Knowing it's now or never, I probably would have bought a few of these.
    I'm curious. I have often seen people asking to be notified, but I'm not sure how they expect to receive that notifcation. The publisher could post it on their web site, but just how often do you visit a publishers web site. At least if the TA news team hear about it those who live on the TA website would know, but we are so very few.

I think it is likely that Microsoft is not allowed to announce that the publisher has stopped paying their marketplace listing fees, which is why the news should come from the publisher. Even most devs know that if they announce their publishers plans without permission on a forum they could get into serious trouble.

If you state in your eBay auction that you won't be relisting that item, do you think you would get more bids?
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,284,349
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 01:13
    Rhyolitic said:
    Are the Deathspank games self-contained enough so that just playing the first two doesn't leave one with cliffhangers?

Edit - Also, is there game importing in the series? Because I notice that Steam still has The Baconing available.
    I have all Deathspank games but never started the 3rd. The ending of the 2nd one was goof from what I remember and t didn't leave you with a cliffhanger. I definitely recommend the first two games.
    This space for rent.
  • ScramblesDKScramblesDK1,002,700
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 01:38
    I'm actually pretty happy that the Undergarden DLC came back
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 January 18 at 01:40
    GREGO McGEE said:
    All 3 deathspank games were fantastic.
    yep, finished em all
  • Blissed AwayBlissed Away864,357
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 02:21
    If there's some XBLA games I'd like to see come back, it would be Wallace & Gromit series. cry
  • Posted on 10 January 18 at 03:49
    Xcom: Enemy Unknown DLC come on back now ya hear?
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion910,876
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 04:28
    acedawg4 said:
    Damn, thats 3 games I would have bought had we had a WARNING!!
    I've never understood why people whine about this. All of us have had years to buy each and every one of these games but didn't. If you wanted it and didn't buy it by now, it's not anyone's fault but yours.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,053,628
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 04:30
    Boots Orion said:
    acedawg4 said:
    Damn, thats 3 games I would have bought had we had a WARNING!!
    I've never understood why people whine about this. All of us have had years to buy each and every one of these games but didn't. If you wanted it and didn't buy it by now, it's not anyone's fault but yours.
    It's almost like there are thousands of games out there and it would be insanity to buy them all.
  • Vok 250Vok 250357,962
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 04:37
    Kanchanaburi said:
    moron companies who delist without notification. even a few hundred sales because of an announcement would be good. too bad.
    Yeah it sucks. I had Deathspank in my Wish List. Would have paid full price just to complete the trilogy.
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney962,928
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 06:15
    SneezeSomeMilk said:
    Had some of the games on my watchlist for quite some time. Waiting for a discount. Deathspank & ARES were $15 each. With no sale during the last years.

Maybe if they would add a couple of different games in the weekly sale rotation every now and then games like this would sell better. But it's always the same games over and over again.
    Completely agree. I was also waiting for Deathspank to be a bit cheaper before pulling the trigger and would have gladly done so if they'd put it on sale even once over the last year or so. Oh well, can't win 'em all.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,229,483
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 06:44, Edited on 10 January 18 at 06:49 by iMaginaryy
    HolyHalfDead said:
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

OldSchoolBlood said:
    Sure wish Microsoft had a standard 30 day notice etc. For delistings. They would get a spike in sales at the end if they would just notify us. Some of these ok games I wait to go on sale. Knowing it's now or never, I probably would have bought a few of these.
    I'm curious. I have often seen people asking to be notified, but I'm not sure how they expect to receive that notifcation. The publisher could post it on their web site, but just how often do you visit a publishers web site. At least if the TA news team hear about it those who live on the TA website would know, but we are so very few.
    Best idea?

It should quite simply be standard practice to have a "going away" sale when delisting games. As mentioned, who does it hurt? At 75% many would probably buy, even at 90% it's better than nothing for the devs/publishers.

Simply add it as a new type of sale alongside the weekly and event sales. Easy, done, everybody wins.

Fear is the mindkiller.
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB1,299,429
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 06:44
    I already own Chime and wasn't interested in anything else in that list except, like many others apparently, the final DeathSpank game that never went on sale. Oh well.
    I also noticed that some On Demand digital versions left the marketplace. In addition to the Transformers and Legend of Korra titles we were warned about, Raiden Fighters Aces is no longer available digitally, at least in the US. You can still get it on disc of course, so not the end of the world.
    Stay tuned for more awesome posts by TwistedTB.
  • Rusty Nail zhRusty Nail zh1,430,378
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 07:09
    Nooooooo not Deathspank: The Baconing!!! Always waited for a sale as the price was a bit steep. If I would've known.........
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo297,594
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 07:26
    I love Undergarden, it was an unsung treat on the 360, I wanted to try it while on weed but probably didn’t need to it was so relaxing. Glad everyone has a chance to get the DLC.

Runner 2 was a great challenge a fun music platformer, shame it’s been delisted.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.