Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Eight XBLA Delistings Bring in the New Year

• ShinUkyoShinUkyo190,591
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 07:37, Edited on 10 January 18 at 07:43 by ShinUkyo
    I was sure I had the first two Deathspank games (considering I played them, haha.) However I was worried that I never grabbed The Baconing since, as noted, it generally didn't go on sale. A title I always intended to play but never did. I was saying out loud to myself, "You've got to be effing kidding me." However I delved into my Download History on Xbox.com just to be safe. Sure enough: I bought it all the way back in 2012...

Crisis averted, while at the same time I HATE that this happened (and weep for those that missed it.) Delistings are horrible, not to mention when it's for a game you didn't see coming. Nowadays we expect licensed TV/movie properties to hang on by a wire when it comes to digital sales eligibility. But for stuff like this, it was likely the publisher deciding they didn't want to renew and pay the fees to host on XBL. Same for Chime (another excellent title, though thankfully there is an updated version of it available - Chime Sharp.)

On a happy note: the DLC for Undergarden was indeed re-listed.
    Thank you so much for the mention, as I was able to nab it just now.
    (after ages of owning the game itself but not the DLC.)
    Stuff being RE-listed needs to happen a lot more often. laugh
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,997,478
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 07:44, Edited on 10 January 18 at 07:55 by EarthboundX
    Well I already have ARES and Deathspank 3, missed The Adventures of Shuggy though.

Wow, was Shuggy only 5 bucks at the end there? Wish I had known it had a price drop, would have bought it before it was delisted. Pretty sure it was $9.99 or even $15.00 when it launched. Could be wrong though.
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,699,367
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 07:46
    I'll sign the bring back the Wallace and gromit petition !
  • Bridge188Bridge1881,237,606
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 08:48
    Never heard of any of these before this article!
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,889,496
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 09:14
    Runner 2 was fun, but I haven't heard of any of the others!
    Legohead 1977
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,731,780
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 09:41
    Always a shame to see games go but at least they tell us about after the event just to rub our noses in it! laugh
    Two can play this game.
  • Solario32Solario32347,522
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 09:42
    TheDude722 said:
    Noooooooooo! I was waiting for a Deathspank 3 sale that never came. Now they wipe out the game altogether. Lame!
    Tell me about it. I was in the same boat. That game never went on sale. I would have bought it if they gave some type of heads up.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,889,496
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 10:14
    Beanpotter said:
    Always a shame to see games go but at least they tell us about after the event just to rub our noses in it! laugh
    It's no fun if they give us a fighting chance...
    Legohead 1977
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,997,478
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 10:54
    Solario32 said:
    TheDude722 said:
    Noooooooooo! I was waiting for a Deathspank 3 sale that never came. Now they wipe out the game altogether. Lame!
    Tell me about it. I was in the same boat. That game never went on sale. I would have bought it if they gave some type of heads up.
    It must have gone on sale at some point, as I have it, and I never pay full price.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4596,414
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 11:34, Edited on 10 January 18 at 11:36 by KenH2k4
    TwistedTB said:
    I also noticed that some On Demand digital versions left the marketplace. In addition to the Transformers and Legend of Korra titles we were warned about, Raiden Fighters Aces is no longer available digitally, at least in the US. You can still get it on disc of course, so not the end of the world.
    This is true. In addition to Raiden FA, it looks like other titles by all of the publishers involved have been pulled. Darkest Of Days and Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge are gone from Valcon, which is everything listed for them, so they may be extinct.

It looks like Deathsmiles ,Record of Agarest War and all of its paid DLC (there are still 2 free packs available), and Record of Agarest War Zero with all of its DLC are gone too.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND BlazBlue: Continuum Shift and Guilty Gear 2: Overture are still listed.

The plus side is these all have physical release. Again, this could be US only? I'll submit these to the GI team later, but if anyone can check their regional stores I'd appreciate it.
  • Iced HawkIced Hawk588,624 588,624 GamerScore
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 12:13
    Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame
    I Need that Achievement...
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,049,067
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 12:18
    Many of these games hadn't seen a sale in ages. I think starting next week, I'm going to go buy one XBLA title that hasn't seen a sale every week.
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,111,863
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 12:35
    guess this doesnt bode well for any future deathspank games :'( i was holding out hope for maybe another coming sometime, i loved the shit out of those games... :/ oh well i guess
    that guy
  • HyyrHyyr479,404
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 12:43
    GREGO McGEE said:
    All 3 deathspank games were fantastic.
    I'm glad I went ahead & bought The Baconing last year.

I agree that all of the DeathSpank games were excellent.
  • Posted on 10 January 18 at 13:07
    Runner2 was fantastic. Really sad to see that go.
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57897,602
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 13:12, Edited on 10 January 18 at 13:12 by OlivierL57
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    Runner2 was fantastic. Really sad to see that go.
    I was about to post the same. This article makes me want to play it again.
  • Posted on 10 January 18 at 13:18
    I bought the Baconing years ago. Haven’t played it yet. Maybe this week.
  • Solario32Solario32347,522
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 13:34, Edited on 10 January 18 at 13:34 by Solario32
    EarthboundX said:
    Solario32 said:
    TheDude722 said:
    It must have gone on sale at some point, as I have it, and I never pay full price.
    It was on sale once and that was 7 years ago. That was before I really started playing on Xbox.
  • TheDude722TheDude722785,011
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 13:56
    EarthboundX said:
    Solario32 said:
    TheDude722 said:
    There was one sale, but it was before I played and liked the first one.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/TheDude722.png https://card.exophase.com/1/1003077.png
  • Posted on 10 January 18 at 13:58
    Runner 2 is fantastic, probably one of my favourite games from previous generation.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.