Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Eight XBLA Delistings Bring in the New Year

• Posted on 10 January 18 at 15:18
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Delisting the 3rd Deathspank game but not the other two?
    I'm so glad that I bought that game just recently because I really liked the deathspank series.
    Magic
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 January 18 at 15:23, Edited on 10 January 18 at 15:23 by
    RadiantViper said:
    Boots Orion said:
    acedawg4 said:
    Damn, thats 3 games I would have bought had we had a WARNING!!
    I've never understood why people whine about this. All of us have had years to buy each and every one of these games but didn't. If you wanted it and didn't buy it by now, it's not anyone's fault but yours.
    It's almost like there are thousands of games out there and it would be insanity to buy them all.
    What a stupid argument. I've purchased hundreds of games and DLC packs across years. I wanted the Deathspank series but I had no way of knowing they were going to get de-listed. So I've just been buying games and chipping away at the list.

Guess I should have just tapped into my endless funds and bought them before they got removed.
    HaxAras
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,355,444
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 15:36
    Yes. Yes you should. I'm glad we've cleared that up. Carry on.
    Two can play this game.
  • Posted on 10 January 18 at 15:46
    DeathSpank is disappointing. I was waiting for it to go on sale before playing it with the one that was previously a GwG.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,883
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 16:12
    Man, I'm glad I got some of that agarest war dlc already. Without those premium point packs, the level of grinding would be insane. Suppose I should go back and finish off AW Zero at some point.

Huh... I wonder if that means AW 2 stuff is go me from psn too. Better check that...
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper933,913
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 17:05
    HaxAras said:
    RadiantViper said:
    Boots Orion said:
    acedawg4 said:
    I've never understood why people whine about this. All of us have had years to buy each and every one of these games but didn't. If you wanted it and didn't buy it by now, it's not anyone's fault but yours.
    It's almost like there are thousands of games out there and it would be insanity to buy them all.
    What a stupid argument. I've purchased hundreds of games and DLC packs across years. I wanted the Deathspank series but I had no way of knowing they were going to get de-listed. So I've just been buying games and chipping away at the list.

Guess I should have just tapped into my endless funds and bought them before they got removed.
    Did you mean to quote the guy above me? Because that's the same point I was making ...
  • MagicalChildMagicalChild858,396
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 18:03, Edited on 10 January 18 at 18:04 by MagicalChild
    Boots Orion said:
    acedawg4 said:
    Good for you that you have unlimited funds. Some of us don't and have to prioritize. Priorities may change though if a game becomes unavailable. wink

By the way, that's exactly why I don't support all digital and buy retail copies whenever available. I can take all the time I want buying those.
    I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,188,907
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 18:17
    The DLC cut off a huge chunk of time from the Agarests. Both were a slog with it, I couldn't even imagine how bad it'd be without the DLC.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • gothmogesgothmoges539,059
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 19:18
    Probably nobody even cared to buy any of those games in YEARS.

What I can't really understand is why not putting them in sale. I mean, really, is there no one in the respective companies keeping track of sales and income? How hard can it be? Specially if you are planning on removing a game from a market. Any extra dime that they would have done in a sale would have come "for free", so to say.

Instead, we have the repetitive-ever-the-same sales every other week. I wonder if certain companies have employees or monkeys.
  • AlahertAlahert1,328,776
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 20:12
    Shame that more and more games are getting delisted, I wanted to play Deathsmiles for quite some time but luckly it's also on disc so I'm not worried!
    DARK 777
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN348,975
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 21:19, Edited on 10 January 18 at 21:22 by FOKENWOLFEN
    From those games only Xotic & Greed corp were on my "wanted" list, the rest I already have them. And yes DeathSpank: The Baconing was featured on previous sales a while ago.
    Just BEFORE I turn the 360 on again, I will check my "download/bought history" on xbox.com to see if they got removed and then move them to a USB. I dont want another case of SEGA Rally Online Arcade Achievements being removed from my hard drive.
  • Posted on 10 January 18 at 22:14
    FOKENWOLFEN said:
    From those games only Xotic & Greed corp were on my "wanted" list, the rest I already have them. And yes DeathSpank: The Baconing was featured on previous sales a while ago.
    Just BEFORE I turn the 360 on again, I will check my "download/bought history" on xbox.com to see if they got removed and then move them to a USB. I dont want another case of SEGA Rally Online Arcade Achievements being removed from my hard drive.
    Just shy of 5 years it was last on sale.
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,198,324
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 23:37
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    DeathSpank is disappointing. I was waiting for it to go on sale before playing it with the one that was previously a GwG.
    None of them have ever been GwG.
    My favourite colour is red
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB877,494
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 02:34
    I was hoping Chime, Raiden Fighters Aces, The Record of Agarests, and DeathSpank would get backwards compatibility. They gave BC to DeathSpank 2 only, kind of a weird choice. If they are removed from the marketplace back compat seems less likely.
    Stay tuned for more awesome posts by TwistedTB.
  • Posted on 11 January 18 at 02:41
    Jay Insomniak said:
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    None of them have ever been GwG.
    Ah, you are correct. I assumed I had it from that program. Nope just an EA sale years ago. Hah.
  • adamrulzadamrulz405,871
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 03:58
    Just got the undergarden DLC for $1, so THANKS! Adventures of Shuggy was really cool too! Anyways, ya Hanks again, now I have to start The Undergarden now!
  • mcnichojmcnichoj220,380
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 04:20
    TwistedTB said:
    I was hoping Chime, Raiden Fighters Aces, The Record of Agarests, and DeathSpank would get backwards compatibility. They gave BC to DeathSpank 2 only, kind of a weird choice. If they are removed from the marketplace back compat seems less likely.
    Not necessarily. They could have already been greenlit for BC.
  • CopaceticFoxCopaceticFox576,271
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 05:11
    They will be back soon
    Justa Impulse
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,581,066
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 07:51
    JusTa ImpuLse said:
    They will be back soon
    What makes you say that?
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4578,080
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 10:15, Edited on 11 January 18 at 10:19 by KenH2k4
    EarthboundX said:
    JusTa ImpuLse said:
    They will be back soon
    What makes you say that?
    It's...just an impulse headspin

Honestly though I really doubt it. Everything from one publisher is gone, which sounds like bankruptcy to me or just getting out of the business. I doubt any of these were selling well so it's probably to cut costs. A little warning would have been nice since I probably would have bought most of the XBLA games (never heard of Shuggy but it looks like my type of game), but that's how this stuff goes. The first of the year sucks because this always happens. There's probably more that got delisted that hasn't been caught yet too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.