Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Eight XBLA Delistings Bring in the New Year

• punkyliarpunkyliar216,810
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 11:34
    KenH2k4 said:
    There's probably more that got delisted that hasn't been caught yet too.
    Not from XBLA as I have a fairly foolproof system for that one. Quite possibly from Games on Demand, though, as I don't have a way of tracking those yet -- I'm working on it.
  • Vok 250Vok 250300,584
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 15:28
    Add me as another person disappointed by DeathSpank being on this list. It has been on my wish list waiting for a sale for years. I rarely ever pay full price for an arcade game.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4578,107
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 17:02
    punkyliar said:
    KenH2k4 said:
    Not from XBLA as I have a fairly foolproof system for that one. Quite possibly from Games on Demand, though, as I don't have a way of tracking those yet -- I'm working on it.
    Good to hear. I did notice you're all over XBLA titles. Just another reason you guys are the best!
  • varkylfusvarkylfus227,008
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 17:04
    The Undergarden looks "colorful".

Just purchased The UnderGarden Ludwig Pack. I can spare $1 even though it's full price. Have to purchase the full game sometime.
  • DowgleDowgle210,919
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 17:09
    Runner2 is a shame, critically well recieved and I understand it sold pretty well. Backwards compatible too. Good think I picked it up already
  • Posted on 11 January 18 at 17:25
    Kanchanaburi said:
    moron companies who delist without notification. even a few hundred sales because of an announcement would be good. too bad.
    A few hundred sales may not have been worth it. As an example, Deathspank is published by EA, and distributed on xbox 360 and PC. This means that hothead games probably only gets a portion and everything probably has to go up and down the ladder and/or promotion has to get paid for. Microsoft probably charges for promotion. The games are well past their cooling period. You wouldn't want to promote an upcoming delisting because people are always looking at reasons to be mad at EA(look at the hate on EA everytime a server closing by any company is announced), so more negative PR added to a bunch of gamers who start complaining to MS because they don't know they can access a delisted game they have recently purchased in a sale.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion775,475
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:49
    HaxAras said:
    RadiantViper said:
    Boots Orion said:
    acedawg4 said:
    Damn, thats 3 games I would have bought had we had a WARNING!!
    I've never understood why people whine about this. All of us have had years to buy each and every one of these games but didn't. If you wanted it and didn't buy it by now, it's not anyone's fault but yours.
    It's almost like there are thousands of games out there and it would be insanity to buy them all.
    What a stupid argument. I've purchased hundreds of games and DLC packs across years. I wanted the Deathspank series but I had no way of knowing they were going to get de-listed. So I've just been buying games and chipping away at the list.

Guess I should have just tapped into my endless funds and bought them before they got removed.
    Thanks for helping me prove my point. You've purchased hundreds of games and DLC packs over the years and yet haven't ever made it your priority to buy these games until they were delisted.

None of them were ever that expensive either, so if you really wanted any of them I'm sure you could have purchased them. You just chose to buy a regional copy of games you had already played which clearly makes way more sense than buying a game you desperately wanted.

Spare us the entitled routine and just accept the fact that it's your fault for not buying something you had plenty of time and opportunity to buy.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper934,132
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:58
    Boots Orion said:
    Thanks for helping me prove my point. You've purchased hundreds of games and DLC packs over the years and yet haven't ever made it your priority to buy these games until they were delisted.

None of them were ever that expensive either, so if you really wanted any of them I'm sure you could have purchased them. You just chose to buy a regional copy of games you had already played which clearly makes way more sense than buying a game you desperately wanted.

Spare us the entitled routine and just accept the fact that it's your fault for not buying something you had plenty of time and opportunity to buy.
    Yeah ... because there are THOUSANDS of games. How can you expect people to simply buy everything just in case it gets delisted years from now? Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj220,804
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:20
    punkyliar said:
    KenH2k4 said:
    Go on the Xbox and then go to the GoD section, write down the total amount of games that appears in the upper-right.
    Then write down each individual titles name. Then when you go to check from time to time and the total number goes down, manually go through every single game listed
    Obviously not very time efficient but it's something.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar216,810
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:37, Edited on 11 January 18 at 22:44 by punkyliar
    mcnichoj said:
    punkyliar said:
    KenH2k4 said:
    Go on the Xbox and then go to the GoD section, write down the total amount of games that appears in the upper-right.
    Then write down each individual titles name. Then when you go to check from time to time and the total number goes down, manually go through every single game listed
    Obviously not very time efficient but it's something.
    I've got XBLA down to a couple of minutes for locating each delisting. That method for GoD is several hours of work, both for setting it up and then checking. With what else I have to do each day for running the news department, several hours is a luxury I don't have. I'll happily take the time to set something up, but then it needs to be a quick payoff to be worth running.

Edit: Nevermind, I have a plan. I should have a system up for this by next week. It will only catch stuff that's delisted from this point onwards, but it's better than nothing.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,813
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:56
    I'm wondering if the Agarest & Deathspank delistings are just temporary. All the Agarest games & Deathspank games are still available on Steam (Agarests are still on GoG as well) and on PSN.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion775,475
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 23:43
    RadiantViper said:
    Boots Orion said:

Yeah ... because there are THOUSANDS of games. How can you expect people to simply buy everything just in case it gets delisted years from now? Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
    It makes complete sense.

You guys are acting like there was something outside of your control prohibiting you from buying these games before, but really the only only thing that was prohibiting you was your own purchasing decisions (e.g., waiting for sales (and some of these games were way under $10 already...seriously people), and prioritizing buying other apparently more desired games first.

The argument that "my funds are limited" falls short on many many levels, especially if the person claiming that has multiple versions of the same game.

I don't care what anyone spends their money on; that's up to them. But don't act like you didn't have ample time - or needed a last-minute "WARNING" to buy these games. That's ridiculous. If a last-minute "de-listing announcement" is all that can encourage you to buy a game or any other product, you clearly don't really want it.
  • Posted on 12 January 18 at 00:30
    Please do not speculate on others purchasing power or position. Everyone has a legitimate complaint in disappointment when a digital title can no longer be purchased. There is no second hand market for them. You are out of luck.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 01:04
    Boots Orion said:
    RadiantViper said:
    Boots Orion said:

It makes complete sense.

You guys are acting like there was something outside of your control prohibiting you from buying these games before, but really the only only thing that was prohibiting you was your own purchasing decisions (e.g., waiting for sales (and some of these games were way under $10 already...seriously people), and prioritizing buying other apparently more desired games first.

The argument that "my funds are limited" falls short on many many levels, especially if the person claiming that has multiple versions of the same game.

I don't care what anyone spends their money on; that's up to them. But don't act like you didn't have ample time - or needed a last-minute "WARNING" to buy these games. That's ridiculous. If a last-minute "de-listing announcement" is all that can encourage you to buy a game or any other product, you clearly don't really want it.
    Are you even reading my posts? I didn't say anything about limited funds. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. With little to no way of knowing which ones will be delisted, unless you buy literally every game made you're going to miss out on something eventually.

Try paying attention to what I'm actually saying instead of making up arguments and responding to those.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,340,180
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 02:47
    punkyliar said:
    I've got XBLA down to a couple of minutes for locating each delisting. That method for GoD is several hours of work, both for setting it up and then checking. With what else I have to do each day for running the news department, several hours is a luxury I don't have. I'll happily take the time to set something up, but then it needs to be a quick payoff to be worth running.

Edit: Nevermind, I have a plan. I should have a system up for this by next week. It will only catch stuff that's delisted from this point onwards, but it's better than nothing.
    Way to go punky, you're a beast! toast

This thread was in dire need of some positivism.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator267,161
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 03:13
    dang it facepalm never did get around to buying the third Deathspank game
  • Posted on 12 January 18 at 05:17
    This is rather distressing news. Delistings always are but some of these really hit home. Time to throw down and find physical copies of Record of Agarest War & Agarest War Zero.
  • Posted on 12 January 18 at 19:51
    And this is exactly why if you only buy games Digitally you are a fool. If you had these you no longer have access should they be removed from your hard drive/system crash.
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 21:11
    DragonSamaMach1 said:
    And this is exactly why if you only buy games Digitally you are a fool. If you had these you no longer have access should they be removed from your hard drive/system crash.
    Except you can still download delisted games from your download history.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.