Game Discussion: Dead Island Definitive Edition

Can't connect for Co Op

• o Heres Jonny oo Heres Jonny o1,797,329
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 22:44, Edited on 09 January 18 at 22:45 by o Heres Jonny o
    Me and my mate have been trying to play co op tonight, we finished the prologue and were able to invite. Game says joining.... Then fails every time, anyone having similar issues? Thanks in advance.
    Happy Gaming
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 07:56
    Found an answer on a forum incase anyone has the same issue. Delete the game and re install it. We both did this and it worked like a charm.
    Happy Gaming
  • Posted on 18 February 18 at 02:25
    Girlfriend and I are having the same problem and deleting and reinstalling didn’t work. Played the whole first act and now we can’t join each other.
    Posted on 21 February 18 at 16:14
    I'm having the same problem again, tried a hard reset which worked and now its doing it again, re installing as I type and hard reset. I will update when I have tried again.
    Happy Gaming
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,405,006
    Posted on 21 February 18 at 18:18, Edited on 21 February 18 at 18:20 by TheMaize
    check you NAT setting under your network settings...Its a pain in the ass to party up in this game, if they are not both open.
    Posted on 21 February 18 at 22:40, Edited on 28 February 18 at 17:23 by o Heres Jonny o
    TheMaize said:
    check you NAT setting under your network settings...Its a pain in the ass to party up in this game, if they are not both open.
    Thanks mate, I am really not very savvy when it comes to these things, I will have a look and see. Never heard of that before so will give it a go tomorrow when I am on.
    Happy Gaming
    Posted on 28 February 18 at 17:22
    I was NAT open friend was moderate, got him to change to open too. Still no joy, such a shame, love this game but connecting to play co op rarely works. Thanks for everyone who tried to offer a solution. Fingers crossed riptide works better.
    Happy Gaming
    Posted on 15 April 18 at 07:19
    Only way for me to join him is to join game from dashboard, if I try from the game menu or my save it won't work.
    Happy Gaming
  • RandomnuttaRandomnutta1,685,599
    Posted on 30 June 18 at 07:43
    I’m having the same issue, I’ve tried everything here and still nothing works cry
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RandomAchievement
    Posted on 01 July 18 at 17:50, Edited on 01 July 18 at 18:07 by o Heres Jonny o
    I had to get my mate to start his game. I had to have not done anything, so I was still in the homepage. Then find his name in the friends list and join from there.

It's really frustrating, sometimes it works sometimes it didn't, this was the most consistent fix for us.
    Happy Gaming
  • CauseCause464,020
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 21:16
    Oh great, cant wait to dive into co-op on this steaming pile of shit roll Despite all of this games' flaws on the 360 I remember co-op working well.
    Grammar Nazi. I do it for the posts.
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 00:05
    Co-op was so much more reliable on the 360. It's so inconsistent on the one. Hopefully you will not encounter an issue, not everyone does by the sounds of things.
    Happy Gaming
  • andy051363andy05136371,778
    Posted on 20 August 19 at 22:46
    It's Aug 20 2019 and still dead island riptide is the only one can't play online co-op on my Xbox 360
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,405,006
    Posted on 21 August 19 at 06:35
    andy051363 said:
    It's Aug 20 2019 and still dead island riptide is the only one can't play online co-op on my Xbox 360
    Well..I'm pretty sure you can't play this one co-op on your 360 either, as it is the xbox one version being discussed in this thread
  • aLifeGam3raLifeGam3r1,006,416
    Posted on 07 December 19 at 17:48
    Co-op wouldn't connect for us until my partner closed the game and I send an invite via the in game menu. So one console was already in game and the other was still on dashboard. The dashboard person accepted the invite via the guide button. Then it worked, this was today
  • Posted on 02 January 20 at 03:32
    hi everyone, looking for co-op partners to run the 4 player co-op achievements with, or any co-op achievments. Send me a message or add me!
  • WhataLumpV2WhataLumpV2314,527
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 21:05
    Onecheekyboii said:
    hi everyone, looking for co-op partners to run the 4 player co-op achievements with, or any co-op achievments. Send me a message or add me!
    Create a session, or join one! That's the reason the function exists!
  • NiohNioh133,464
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 03:08
    Onecheekyboii said:
    my friend and I will be starting it up within the next few weeks, if youre still looking for people then we are down
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too2,028,770
    Posted on 02 October 20 at 22:42
    It's not that bad.... WHEN IT FUCKING WORKS! XD literally wtf worst connectivity issues i've experienced in years and this is somewhat modern? give me a break no wonder they never finished Dead Island 2.
    Everything will be fine in the End... If it's not fine... Then it's not the End...
    Posted on 03 October 20 at 02:11
    Angels Kill Too said:
    It's not that bad.... WHEN IT FUCKING WORKS! XD literally wtf worst connectivity issues i've experienced in years and this is somewhat modern? give me a break no wonder they never finished Dead Island 2.
    Still bad then I see. I loved the games but the connection issues did spoil it for me. Very frustrating.
    Happy Gaming
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads