Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Batman: The Enemy Within - The Telltale Series Episode 4 Dated

• SpilnerSpilner777,061
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:03Permalink
    HQAZE said:
    Lol.. why not episode 5 also ? ...
    Thats at least 3 months away wink
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv505,196
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:44Permalink
    WebMan said:
    I have played a lot of Telltale Games but I always waited until all episodes were completed and released. This is the first game that I have played before all of the episodes were released and I don’t like the experience. Nothing against the game but more on the strategy of episodic releases.
    Haha, the same happened with me. Did you start it for the 12 Days Of Christmas community challenge, by chance? That is the only reason I started it early, I am also not a fan of playing these games before all episodes are released. I had done it once before with Game Of Thrones, I had assumed since 5 episodes were out already the final episode would only be a couple months behind, but that one ended up taking something like 5 months.
    Streets Ahead
  • TF LegolasTF Legolas632,326
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:54Permalink
    Probably play once all episodes are released. Excited to play.
  • JBlovesTHBKJBlovesTHBK1,870,067
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 05:42Permalink
    I’m assuming Alfred got the eyepatch if you didn’t reveal who you are at the end of season 1?
  • JdobemJdobem703,825
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 17:08Permalink
    Bat cover blown? when did that happen? I know that woman from the Agency knows my identity but does the all world too? I clearly need to play this in one sitting. Cant remember the last episode anymore...
    J
  • Kyuubi AlphaKyuubi Alpha929,305
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 17:09Permalink
    Did I miss something my cover is still intact with the pact. Someone else is in that dangerous situation at the end of the episode.
  • JdobemJdobem703,825
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 17:12Permalink
    yeah, clearly we're not having all the same story which is the point of TT games, i guess :)
    J
  • Lt DavoLt Davo187,428
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:27Permalink
    WEBHEAD 7 said:
    TT's crack at Batman has been awful, imo. Both seasons. The high-ish rating these have been receiving are completely inexplicable to me, even knowing that many people are going to be favorable to literally anything with Batman.
    Gonna go out on a limb and say the explanation is because people like them.
  • SKORPIONICSKORPIONIC383,402
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:36Permalink
    I've been enjoying TEW for the most part. First chapter really was a strong opener. But, TellTale's Joker has left me flat out indifferent. Which is weird. I'm used to being polarized by that character. Maybe they'll get to a point where his switch is flipped, but it sure is dragging.
  • WEBHEAD 7WEBHEAD 7440,111
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 19:16Permalink
    Lt Davo said:
    WEBHEAD 7 said:
    TT's crack at Batman has been awful, imo. Both seasons. The high-ish rating these have been receiving are completely inexplicable to me, even knowing that many people are going to be favorable to literally anything with Batman.
    Gonna go out on a limb and say the explanation is because people like them.
    I realize this. Most of what they know about the Batman mythos probably comes from Joel Schumacher movies... but each to their own I suppose. wink I just hope no one is actually getting introduced to these characters for the first time by these games.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,174,252
    Posted on 13 January 18 at 13:43Permalink
    Jdobem said:
    yeah, clearly we're not having all the same story which is the point of TT games, i guess :)
    It might not seem the same but it will get there by the end.roll
    My favourite colour is red
  • Posted on 13 January 18 at 18:15Permalink
    Honestly, I'm on-board with Telltale's takes. I like the DC classics, sure, and even the true-to-form new age stuff (new 52 non-withstanding, a lot of that is garbo) but I've always been a sucker for the elseworld-esque stories. I keep up with the Injustice comics. Justice League: Gods and Monsters is probably my favorite DC movie. I'm counting the (now few) days until the Batman: Gotham by Gaslight movie comes out. And I'm enormously hyped for Batman Ninja.

Telltale's usual writing quirks and inconsistencies are all still here, but I feel like it's solid enough writing to stand on its own.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl155,188
    Posted on 13 January 18 at 20:16Permalink
    JBlovesTHBK said:
    I’m assuming Alfred got the eyepatch if you didn’t reveal who you are at the end of season 1?
    Yes.

Jdobem said:
    Bat cover blown? when did that happen? I know that woman from the Agency knows my identity but does the all world too? I clearly need to play this in one sitting. Cant remember the last episode anymore...
    Kyuubi Alpha said:
    Did I miss something my cover is still intact with the pact. Someone else is in that dangerous situation at the end of the episode.
    Yeah, I think the author of this piece didn't realize that that's only the outcome if you make a certain choice. My cover is blown too, but it seemed pretty obvious that I could've maintained it had I done things differently.
  • Lt DavoLt Davo187,428
    Posted on 15 January 18 at 05:51Permalink
    CodeMonkeysGuy said:
    Honestly, I'm on-board with Telltale's takes. ...

Telltale's usual writing quirks and inconsistencies are all still here, but I feel like it's solid enough writing to stand on its own.
    I agree. I think the way this series is treating the Joker/Harley dynamic, for example, is fantastic. I also think it actually made perfect sense that Oswald wore a Penguin mask in season 1. After all, Penguin has a need to protect his civilian identity in this continuity, whereas he normally does not. And if he's going to wear a mask, it would be dumb for it to be anything but a penguin mask. (On the other hand, I'm not on board with Undercover Bruce.)

All throughout these games, Telltale is making conscious choices to do things differently - with Catwoman, Falcone, Vicki Vale, Lucius, Joker, heck, almost everybody. This doesn't mean they're trying to appealing to non-fans or casual fans. I don't see it that way at all.

If someone doesn't like the writing of this game, that's their prerogative and their taste, and it's fun to compare opinions, But it rubs me the wrong way any time someone looks down his nose at a form of art or entertainment and says that the main reason other people like it is because those people aren't discerning or informed enough to know what they ought to like.
  • JdobemJdobem703,825
    Posted on 27 January 18 at 13:34, Edited on 27 January 18 at 13:36 by JdobemPermalink
    Jay Insomniak said:
    It might not seem the same but it will get there by the end.roll
    yeah, i know, i have no illusions :)
    J
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.