Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gears of War 4 January 2018 Update

• ChobChob251,758
  • Posted on 11 January 18 at 20:53, Edited on 11 January 18 at 21:06 by Resident eLail
    Melee being disabled in OSOK is just going to be hilarious...

Everybody will shoot all their bullets, missing, and then everyone from both teams are just going to stand in a circle around an ammo box while waiting for it to respawn.

Then, only one person will get the ammo, and everyone from the opposing team of the lucky ammo box winner will scatter like roaches, running away from the only armed AND loaded player in the game!

Edit/Addition: As far as new achievements go, if those assholes put another campaign completion on the list again, I'm gonna go back to Gears of War 3 and murder Anya myself just for spite!

"Complete the campaign in co-op as Kait"
    "Complete the campaign in co-op as Del"
    "Complete the campaign without moving the right stick"
    "Complete the campaign with a pistol only"
    "Complete the campaign while infected with dysentery"
    "Complete the campaign in reverse chapter order"
    "Complete the campaign again... because we're assholes!"
  • Duke Metal91Duke Metal91384,503
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 20:56
    OSOK is gonna be halarious! Cant wait for those new achievements as well! Probably something along the lines of "Max out all cards" and "Complete campaign solo on inconceivable with iron man on with no gnasher or lancer or using cover"
  • Posted on 11 January 18 at 20:57
    Duke Metal91 said:
    OSOK is gonna be halarious! Cant wait for those new achievements as well! Probably something along the lines of "Max out all cards" and "Complete campaign solo on inconceivable with iron man on with no gnasher or lancer or using cover"
    laughlaughlaugh
  • LSK ArcAzielLSK ArcAziel1,451,920
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:01
    Duke Metal91 said:
    Haha I can see this actually being an achievement laugh
  • Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:05
    Duke Metal91 said:
    You said what we're all thinking. How much more ridiculous can they get?
  • AngloSaxtonAngloSaxton494,434
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:25
    Can anyone confirm if this patch has any effect on the "Complete Inconceivable Solo" achievement? Currently its bugged where you can get it in co-op.
    Up the Villa!
  • Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:26
    New achievements? Time for the annual complaining. Do people here even like Gears? Feels like I'm on the old GoW2 forums with everyone having like 500 hours in it and saying it's the worst thing ever lol
  • WKFJonesyWKFJonesy716,116
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:34
    Moldy Tacos5000 said:
    Duke Metal91 said:
    You said what we're all thinking. How much more ridiculous can they get?
    im going for 'complete on IC ironman using only the snub'
  • Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:38
    Cemetery Girls said:
    New achievements? Time for the annual complaining. Do people here even like Gears? Feels like I'm on the old GoW2 forums with everyone having like 500 hours in it and saying it's the worst thing ever lol
    First - Annual complaining? This game has stopped being complained about since it was released laugh
    Second - I, personally, fully welcome new ORIGINAL achievements, but the current way of doing things from TC seems to be, "How can we make new achievements with the same old shit that we already have in the game?"

I mean, look at the September Update DLC of "new achievements" the game came out with:
    Upgrade 3 cards?
    Complete the prologue in co-op?
    Complete (six, seven, eight) chapters of the campaign?

Those types of achievements were simply filler. They promised new achievements, only to deliver a DLC update that people could LITERALLY complete just by booting up the game because they had already completed everything in the update...

When a company boasts, "New achievements incoming," you actually expect to, you know, maybe have to work to get them?

On top of the fact that the first DLC, Rise of the Horde, was so horribly coded that people were popping some of the hardest achievements in that update by, again, simply booting the game.

So while I agree with you there tends to be a lot of bitching about achievements in Gears of War games, I think that most of the arguments against the ones in this game of the series are somewhat warranted...
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,173,082
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 21:47
    TC Octus already confirmed there will be no "max all cards" achievement, and there are no plans for any more campaign achievements either, since we're all sick of them.
  • DrShoe1976DrShoe1976333,550
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:11
    Be nice if at some point they actually put some DLC out that justified that ridiculous 'Season Pass' - like a mini SP Campaign story, or something.

Play as Dom in the Pendulum Wars and learn how he rose to be a Commando? Or play as a Locust Drone on E-Day and see how the story began from their side.

Something.

Anything - aside from a manky 'Vintage' skin, and leaving the mugs who bought it with a very sore bottom.
  • Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:26
    DrShoe1976 said:
    Be nice if at some point they actually put some DLC out that justified that ridiculous 'Season Pass' - like a mini SP Campaign story, or something.

Play as Dom in the Pendulum Wars and learn how he rose to be a Commando? Or play as a Locust Drone on E-Day and see how the story began from their side.

Something.

Anything - aside from a manky 'Vintage' skin, and leaving the mugs who bought it with a very sore bottom.
    This please. Any campaign DLC. Past, present or future it doesn’t matter, there are all kinds of great characters and timelines to draw from.
  • Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:30
    Even More Achievements? Don’t Get Me Wrong I wouldn’t mind for more achievements, but seriously what other type of achievements would they add? We already got a decent amount for Horde and campaign! Same for versus too! Unless they throw another batch of easy achievements like how they did back in September... just please For The Love Of god! NO MORE INCONCEIVABLE OR IRONMAN ACHIEVEMENTS ANYMORE!!! EVERYONE IS SICK OF THOSE ACHIEVEMENTS ALREADY! SAME WITH THE GRINDING ACHIEVEMENTS FOR VERSUS! angry
  • GSN LegitGSN Legit992,137
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:39
    I'm down for whatever horde and campaign achievements they come up with cause I do insane for breakfast. I did inconceivable solo in 2 days, would've been a day if it didn't glitch on me when I was facing the Vulcan. Just please no multiplayer cause I hate multiplayer due to my internet.
  • British LegendsBritish Legends1,082,409
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:41
    I don't mind new achievements, as long as they provide some new interesting challenge. The campaign has been played to death and I can't see how that would add anything new. So it has to be horde or multiplayer based achievements.

Just have to wait and see... roll
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:42
    GamerScoreM4STA said:
    I'm down for whatever horde and campaign achievements they come up with cause I do insane for breakfast. I did inconceivable solo in 2 days, would've been a day if it didn't glitch on me when I was facing the Vulcan. Just please no multiplayer cause I hate multiplayer due to my internet.
    This guy again facepalm
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 22:45
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    DrShoe1976 said:

Something.

This please. Any campaign DLC. Past, present or future it doesn’t matter, there are all kinds of great characters and timelines to draw from.
    The "what to expect in 2018" section of the official blog states the following:

While our major feature support and map drops have ended, our Live Team continues to be working hard on new content and fixes for the game.

To me that signals no new substantial content, i.e. no new campaign content. Sad times. Let's hope i'm wrong!
  • j wizitej wizite747,623
    Posted on 11 January 18 at 23:45, Edited on 12 January 18 at 00:04 by j wizite
    Dear Coalition,

Your game is old. Time to move on. How many fucking times do we have to play the campaign? Focus on a new game and if you want to add new content just leave the achievements alone.

It’s amazing that the developers are too stupid to follow GTA5s path. GTA5 is the highest grossing game out now over 5 years. And they do it by offering the derelicts a new chopper or tank. And they make lots of money

Stop messing with the completionists assholes!!!
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn1,068,341
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 01:01
    Say what you will about the game, at least they continue to support it...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads