Game Discussion: The Gunstringer: Dead Man Running (Win 8) Forum

Anyone Still Playing?

AuthorMessage
JeffMomm
JeffMomm
Posted on 12 January 18 at 14:55
I started this way back in Aug 2014 then set it aside until Oct 2016 where I played for a day. Finally in Oct 2017 I tried to complete what was left for obtainables.

Specific questions:
1. Can anyone still send challenges? Every time I try, it gives me an error that I am not connected to the internet. (I don't need to send challenges anymore, but I do need to receive them.)
2. Is it truly possibly to do the Endless Run achievements without any Continues? I've gotten to 15,000 meters in 1 run but I struggle after that. For the other 5 endless runs achievements, I don't even get to half. I feel like even though these are "technically" obtainable, realistically, I don't have a shot without getting any Continues.
3. For Canyon (World 1), level 4, I cannot get any power-ups to appear. I've only unlocked the Slow Time one, and for all the other 14 levels it shows up so I can get the badge. But on this 1 level, no power-up ever appears. I found a YouTube video of someone running it, but they were getting some kind of freeze power-up. Not sure if that is required for this run, but I wouldn't think so. Any thoughts or ideas on this one? Once I solve it, I can get the achievement for having all badges.

Thanks,
Jeff
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 12 January 18 at 15:53
I just tried, and I was also unable to send challenges.
Game On.
JeffMomm
JeffMomm
Posted on 12 January 18 at 16:36
Thanks, Jumbo. I had a friend on my feed post that he tried the same thing, and he also got an error. I think I'll submit a flag change that the challenge achievements are now unobtainable.

Any thoughts on #2 and 3?

Thanks!
- Jeff
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 12 January 18 at 17:24
I haven't played enough to know about those. I only started playing after the online services were discontinued so I've never used power ups or anything like that.
Game On.
JeffMomm
JeffMomm
Posted on 29 January 18 at 16:41
Based on forums over on xboxachievements.com, plus responses here and gamertagnation.com, I am going to consider everything else unobtainable for me. Sounds like you need 50-60 continues to have a shot at the endless run and since I have 0 and cannot buy anymore, I don't see it happening.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.