Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Poll: Which Standalone Xbox One Game Most Deserves a Sequel?

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:04
Sitting on a gold mine of IP

Please click here to read the story: Poll: Which Standalone Xbox One Game Most Deserves a Sequel?
Poll: Which standalone Xbox One game most deserves a sequel?
  • 8.7% - Cuphead
  • 18.6% - Quantum Break
  • 5.3% - ReCore
  • 22.1% - Ryse: Son of Rome
  • 37.4% - Sunset Overdrive
  • 8.0% - Other

• We had 3,180 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
    Reborn Insanity
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:08
    Sunset Overdrive if it was done properly.
    See You Space Cowboy...
    Mick Wazowski
    Mick Wazowski
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:10, Edited on 12 January 18 at 18:11 by Mick Wazowski
    I would answer Alan Wake if you counted 360 games as well.
    HawkeyeBarry20
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:11
    I voted Sunset bc it was so much fun but I would really enjoy a sequel to Ryse. They need to vary the combat a bit more and either double down with the gods in the story or leave them out all together.
    Djshep
    Djshep
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:11
    I was torn between Cuphead, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive. Had to be sunset overdrive in the end!
    Xtowers
    Xtowers
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:12
    Ryse could use a sequel, but man Sunset Overdrive was pretty good too.
    Dwaggienite
    Dwaggienite
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:16
    Viva Pinata >.>
    Ryn0 L
    Ryn0 L
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:18
    Torn between Quantum Break and Sunset...but ultimately as much as i loved the story and time travel stuff of Quantum Break, I had more fun with Sunset Overdrive
    A 2rue Boofer
    A 2rue Boofer
    Ryse all the way, that game was fun. If they broadened the combat it could be even better.
    BetaSigX20
    BetaSigX20
    I was all set to vote Sunset Overdrive, no brainer, but then I saw Quantum Break on the list... now, that's a tough call. Two very different games, but I loved them both, and I'd love to see a sequel from either one.
    iTz Canada Ehh
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:20
    Sunset Overdrive and it's not even close. I played Quantum Break like a year ago so don't remember how the story ended and if it even opened itself up to a sequel, but the game was very enjoyable. Cuphead would also be a good game to lend itself to a sequel gameplay wise I think. I'd love to see what other kinds of bosses the art team over there could come up with.

My fear is that if they remake Sunset Overdrive, it might not be as good as the first one and just crush my expectations.
    LitaOsiris
    LitaOsiris
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:20
    I would pick both Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break as they are fantastic games. The official vote went to Sunset Overdrive though just because it was released before Quantum Break.
    MoneyShot360
    MoneyShot360
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:24
    Ryse. I think it would be interesting if they could expand to do a vs multiplayer as well.
    Homunculus Fury
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:25
    Ryse was ok. Honestly aside from the story the combat was boring. Not sure what you could do for it to be a sequel it was about the fall of Rome.
    NismoR034
    NismoR034
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:27
    My answer is Quantum Break but since Alan Wake hasn't received a sequel yet (not including American Nightmare here), it seems highly unlikely Quantum Break ever will. Sadly.

If only they both got sequels. cry
    Its Uncle Kev
    Its Uncle Kev
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:38
    There possibly couldn't be a better answer than Sunset. They really did a fantastic job on the game. I had hours upon hours of greatness with friends and playing the online mode. Sure there was a ton of collectibles but with what kind of game it was, it was hardly anything to worry about.

Please give us a sequel to this gem of a game.
    Deadsh0tGG
    Deadsh0tGG
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:39
    I went with Quantum Break because of that ending! laugh

Of course, Sunset Overdrives also deserves a sequel.
    Its Uncle Kev
    Its Uncle Kev
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:40
    Also, sorry for double post but I wanted it separated.

Cuphead is already getting a sequel based off how well it did, didn't it? So im curious why that's in the list when I'm pretty sure devs announced they would make a second one. Or im just blind and that was all speculations.
    ya AMERICA
    ya AMERICA
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:50
    Honestly, I'd be down for a sequel for all of these games
    Giincee
    Giincee
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 18:54
    Mick Wazowski said:
    I would answer Alan Wake if you counted 360 games as well.
    Thought the same after misreading the headline about only 'Xbox One' games
    Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.