Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Top Five Next Steps for the Assassin's Creed Franchise

• kintariskintaris322,293
  • BigTymer2047BigTymer2047865,009
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 11:17
    Just an opinion: Big ole negative on the sci-fi aspect, leave MP in the gutter where it belongs, and by all means, take the appropriate time off to develop a proper game. It worked phenomenally well for this one. Leave that CoD, every year release shit to inferior, no originiality games!
  • Posted on 14 January 18 at 11:22, Edited on 14 January 18 at 11:30 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    I agree that AC can't return to the yearly cycle - that's what fatigued the series originally. I'd like to see multiple dlcs and improvements to origins and for them to come back in 2020.

I wouldn't like to see more from the same generation though - I'd like to see another fresh approach from another time period and a unique location. Origins was a breath of fresh air because of how different it was - I'd like to see that again. Just having a slightly better combat system won't cut it.

I think they tried to do the same with Layla as they did with Desmond in the first assassin's creed game so I'm imagining the real life aspect will be much better next game.

As for the multiplayer? I think ditch it still. The bits they do in the single player to incorporate other players and have daily rewards was great and that's the only online and co op aspects they should have. Perhaps players could gift or support each other occasionally in future games (without having full blown co-op)?

The ship segments, particularly towards the end really in this game were where the interesting counter system came into play, and if they can somehow incorporate that into standard fighting when there's action, then it would be really thrilling. I personally loved tackling things stealthily in this game though for the most part so I'd like to see an increased focus on that and requiring that approach. Equally it was great that players could approach things however they liked, down to whether to tackle side quests or story or just explore at any time.

Origins nailed it, will definitely be hard to decide where and how to move forward now. I'd personally like to see more challenging parts. Tackling the elephants was a real challenge but I kept the game on hard mode with level scaling. I'd like to see things like that required for achievements.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn289,275
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 11:25
    Agree on more time between releases. Finally I'm catching up with the series, and more time means better quality too.
    I would love more sci fi/present day too. I know it wasn't always top quality but there were some omg moments. I'm sure if they actually put some effort in, they could achieve something mind-blowing stuff.
  • Posted on 14 January 18 at 11:33
    i wanna see feudal japan
  • Posted on 14 January 18 at 11:50
    Hope they don’t rush it. I’d like to see a China setting. Japan is a good idea too. ^
  • Posted on 14 January 18 at 11:56
    Although I don't particularly care for the sci-fi aspect of the games, I do agree that they need to choose one side or the other. The half-baked ancient mechanisms were kinda interesting at first, but considering that's all we got, they need to drop it or embrace it and allow us to explore it much more.

And yes, while I was interested to see what Layla would offer us at first, I eventually literally forgot about her until I was forced out of the animus to deal with...whatever nonsense they wanted you to see.

I think we can all agree that Ubisoft needs to continue the longer developmental cycle now.
  • Posted on 14 January 18 at 12:27
    I wouldnt mind the First assassins Creed being remastered if im honest
  • DaedskiDaedski459,762
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 12:28
    I know I was probably in the minority, but I personally loved the multiplayer of Assassins Creed. I spent countless hours on it Brotherhood and Revelations, but dropped off it in 3 very quickly, mainly because 3 was such a disappointing game overall. I'd actually welcome a return of the deathmatch etc modes.
  • Posted on 14 January 18 at 12:33
    Feudal Japan. 'Nuff Said

If they dont... FromSoftware has the rights to Tenchu now. Do another Z
    Im soo stealthy, I feel like my knife has a silencer...
  • White WyvernWhite Wyvern499,430
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 12:44
    Daedski said:
    I know I was probably in the minority, but I personally loved the multiplayer of Assassins Creed. I spent countless hours on it Brotherhood and Revelations, but dropped off it in 3 very quickly, mainly because 3 was such a disappointing game overall. I'd actually welcome a return of the deathmatch etc modes.
    Same here, so much fun. There's not really another multiplayer experience like it.
    Beep Boop
  • Posted on 14 January 18 at 13:18
    the series must be stopped for FS
  • DeadMartenDeadMarten111,935
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 13:42
    Darth Knight said:
    Daedski said:
    Same here, so much fun. There's not really another multiplayer experience like it.
    Totally agree with you two. The mechanics are really different from anything else. They should've polished the multiplayer over the course of the games though as Black Flag was pretty much unplayable with a friend for me, which was a huge disappointment for both of us.
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x707,443
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 13:49
    Please don't go Sci-Fi. I feel like it will turn into what made Call of Duty so bad.
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
  • Posted on 14 January 18 at 13:51
    I haven't gotten to play Origins yet, which is a shame because it is my favorite series and it sounds like this one was awesome. So I had to skip the majority of the article due to the spoiler warning :( However, I agree with most comments above. Japan would be amazing. I have been staying in Japan for the last five weeks and I've been thinking about how it would look in an Assassins Creed game. The story would be amazing.

DeadMarten said:
    Darth Knight said:
    Daedski said:
    Totally agree with you two. The mechanics are really different from anything else. They should've polished the multiplayer over the course of the games though as Black Flag was pretty much unplayable with a friend for me, which was a huge disappointment for both of us.
    I'm on this ship as well, I'm normally against single player games adding pointless multiplayer (even more so when it has achievements) but I've always been a fan of the AC MP.
    PineConeKiller | California | Japan |
  • DE4N MUFCDE4N MUFC932,111
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 13:54
    I agree Ubisoft should wait to release an Origins squeal till at least 2020 but I’d rather it was set in Japan to fight against the Samurai. I can’t wait for the Rogue remaster, it’s the only Assassins Creed I never played and I can’t wait to play through it for the first time in 4K smile
  • Watty8883Watty88832,160,617
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 14:16
    No I am not getting a Nintendo switch.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,402,094
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 14:19
    how about a Saudi Arabia version..??
    hands..chop..chop
    no more pick pocketing
    series ends
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,362,096
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 14:38
    They could turn it into a collectible card game, or a MOBA. Just to do what everyone else is doing at the moment....
    Or make Assassins Creed - a Telltale story. The first telltale game with microtransactions

If anyone is in doubt. No...im not serious...
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,362,096
    Posted on 14 January 18 at 14:42
    DE4N MUFC said:
    I agree Ubisoft should wait to release an Origins squeal till at least 2020 but I’d rather it was set in Japan to fight against the Samurai. I can’t wait for the Rogue remaster, it’s the only Assassins Creed I never played and I can’t wait to play through it for the first time in 4K smile
    i would much rather have them make an actual sequel. Moving further north into the roman empire.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.