Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Top Five Next Steps for the Assassin's Creed Franchise

• Posted on 15 January 18 at 17:00
    I really enjoy Origins and I do hope they take some more time off to make another quality game and add some more exciting things into it. I can wait another year or two since I still have to go and finish up some of the other AC games I skipped over.
  • Posted on 15 January 18 at 18:38
    I would love for them to make a new Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy, really underrated games,
    I enjoyed them even more than the main games I think..
  • kintariskintaris322,591
    Posted on 15 January 18 at 18:58
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    I played on Hard mode with level scaling all the way through. It felt like that was how it was meant to be played.
    I regret not doing this - I was worried about getting it done before the podcast. I'm definitely going to approach the DLC this way when I eventually pick it up.
  • Posted on 15 January 18 at 20:14
    As someone who has spent nearly 500 hours in HITMAN and has played every mainline AC game (sans Rogue), I absolutely want what the author deacribes. In fact, I only jumped on AC in 07 after discovering my favorite game of all time: Hitman Blood Money. Every publisher should shoot for some variance of open sandbox(not world) stealth playground like the ones IO create. My main issue with AC is that the focus after the first one drifted away from emphasis on the player as an assassin taking down a high value, well guarded target to take out. Obviously, stealth tactics in Hitman and AC would still be different: costumes/social stealth vs climbing puzzles, but the open world always hampered AC with needing to dumb down the behaviors/awareness of enemy AI. Open sandbox would be a better fit for this more tightly tuned stealth experience.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 January 18 at 23:27
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    XPhiles in IA said:
    get rid of it, enough is enough, great games from what ive played so far but let it die and be remembered fondly, not like what disney is doing to star wars, from which i will NEVER watch any but the original 6
    Why? Episode 1 and 2 were absolutely horrible whereas 7 and 8 are actually pretty good. I actually was really surprised by the quality of 8. Also George Lucas was ruining Star Wars with his continuous remasters - adding useless CGI, changing sequences and replacing characters and voices.

well to be honest i didnt like the 2nd or 3rd all that much, 1st was ok but yeah i prefer the original three.......call it the old man in me.
  • THEpaynexkillerTHEpaynexkiller1,023,316
    Posted on 16 January 18 at 00:58
    Harbringernight said:
    I agree AC should end!
    Does it really upset you that other people are brought happiness by a game that you don't play?
  • Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:53
    It'll be a really big leap, but I hope they just drop the future/present/First Civilization BS altogether. It's the most boring and unimportant part of the series. Wouldn't even need to give an explanation. Just drop it and let us get on with hidden blading.
    Sometimes the only way to escape your problems is to drive away really, really fast.
  • Saran447Saran447515,376
    Posted on 16 January 18 at 15:06
    I would like a game thats about the Templars. Going more into their history and why they do what they do. An what they think of the Assassins. Could be good getting the other side of the story in a game. We had that a bit in Rogue, but another game would be good.
  • BasileusBasileus264,475
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE425,089
    Posted on 20 January 18 at 16:48
    great read.
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • Sairc0rSairc0r312,066
    Posted on 16 April 18 at 19:17
    Need more first civilization and 'real life' aspects in the game. I think it makes the game more enjoyable when that real life struggle is front and center instead of relegated to basically non-existent like in Origins. The dual Desmond and Ezio storyline was what dragged me into the franchise to begin with and we need that type of storyline to make this make sense.
  • METALGAMER8METALGAMER8169,691
    Posted on 12 June 20 at 17:01
    Please never, ever do another game like Unity. The "combat system" is godawful. having to constantly buy health packs sucks ass, the 3-d map is shit, and having, yet another 100% sync achievement was also a shitty thing to do.
    METALGAMER8
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.