Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 16th, 2018

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 16 January 18 at 00:57
The latest games, bundles and downloadable content sales from Xbox Live

Please click here to read the story: Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 16th, 2018
Thickly Settled
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:00
Thank you for posting these Tuesday sales so diligently, I enjoy scanning through the list each week hours ahead of them being posted to the console.
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:04
Any opinions on Tacoma? I thought it looked at least somewhat interesting but read its also very short. Half off at least gets my attention.
Streets Ahead
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:07
Nice sale, a couple here I’m going to scoop up.
Inferno118
Inferno118
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:08
Holy shit this sale is great. I wouldn’t be surprised if ppl still complained lol
thunderkiss92
thunderkiss92
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:13
This is an amazing sale! Any recommendations? I see a lot of ID@Xbox titles I've never even heard of!
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:17
thunderkiss92 said:
This is an amazing sale! Any recommendations? I see a lot of ID@Xbox titles I've never even heard of!
You’ve probably heard of it but Limbo for $2 is a steal if you don’t have game pass.
TearsOfAClown9
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:20
Wow. So many good stuff!! clap
ballgreezy44
ballgreezy44
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:21
Almost bought Broken Age last week so this is a nice surprise.
Ballgreezy44
Smallville2106
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:31
Picked up Far Cry 4 and the Yetis DLC for it. Was going to get Far Cry Primal but managed to buy it off Amazon for £10 and it’ll come tomorrow smile
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:33
thunderkiss92 said:
Broken Age
Dex
Inside
LIMBO
The Sexy Brutale
Thimbleweed Park
flubberfudge
flubberfudge
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:34
Tons of easy completions this week, awesome
Colton
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:37
Finally i can spend some money! Probably nab 6 or 7 titles this week
Your achievements are belong to us!
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:38
I almost bought Broken Age and Nevermind last week cause there was nothing interesting and i got a crapload of credit from Microsoft.

Awesome sale!
LethalBizzzzzle
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:38
My poor wallet & backlog. At least 10 games there I want at a good price
Hanx
Hanx
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:41
Some good games here. Time to add more to my collection haha
OdadjianActual
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:48
Holy mother of god that is an incredible sale.
"My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer."
Watty8883
Watty8883
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:49
Time to prop up Brazil's economy.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:57
Just an FYI to my Canadian brethren, EB Games has the following on sale until January 18th:

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus - $29.99 (originally $79.99)
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - $49.99 (originally $79.99)
The Evil Within 2 - $29.99 (originally $79.99)
Agents of Mayhem - $16.99 (originally $39.99)
For Honor - $29.99 (originally $59.99)
The Crew: Ultimate Edition - $29.99 (originally $49.99)
Just Dance 2017 - $14.99 (originally $29.99)
Rocksmith 2014 Edition Remastered - $39.99 (originally $79.99)
OdadjianActual
Posted on 16 January 18 at 01:59, Edited on 16 January 18 at 02:03 by OdadjianActual
I'm going to get:

Broken Age
Chaos on Deponia
Nevermind

I already have Oddworld, RiME and SUPERHOT in my backlog. I want to get Pillars of the Earth but it's a bit too expensive.

Here's what I recommend for people that love puzzle/narrative games:

AER - Memories of Old. Like a flying/sky version of the game Abzu. But less polished.

Broken Sword 5. Solid point-and-click puzzle game with a nice art style.

Firewatch: Had really poor performance on XB1 but not enough to detract from the relaxing exploration in the game's forest. XB1X should brute force this to an acceptable level.

Her Majesty's Spiffing. Hilarious point-and-click lite puzzle game.

Inside. One of the best games this gen - the premiere cinematic puzzle platformer.

Lifeless Planet. Rough around the edges but a really interesting game about a desolate world - a game that makes you feel like you're exploring the world but still has a linear game play path.

LIMBO. Very very very good cinematic puzzle platformer.

Oceanhorn. Merely good, not great, in my opinion. Lot of problems with this game, but if you love Zelda games, you'll find some enjoyment out of this.

Submerged. Another game that is merely good, not great. But I really liked the unique exploration in this game.

Tacoma. Excellent follow-up to Gone Home - like Gone Home, except you're in a space station. And it has a wildly unique narrative structure. No other game on this planet does narrative quite like this very specific game.

Teslagrad. Great Metroidvania - the only combat you perform is against bosses. Otherwise it's a Metroidvania that involves a lot of exploration and puzzle solving.

The Fall. Very intriguing metroidvania lite game.

The Little Acre. Incredibly cute and light-hearted point-and-click game.

The Sexy Brutale. UNBELIEVABLY GOOD GAME. If you love puzzle games, and if you loved the Zelda game Majora's Mask - this is basically like the puzzle game version of Majora's Mask. UNBELIEVABLE game. One of the absolute best titles of 2017.

Thimbleed Park. I'm only halfway through this game but if you love point-and-click games in general, and if you especially liked Monkey Island, and if you the X-Files / David Lynch brand of sci-fi/mystery - this is a great game. Relaxing, awesome atmosphere, and a lot of off-beat humour.

What Remains of Edith Finch. My game of the year for 2017. Wonderful, exquisite game. AC Origins is my #2 game of the year so far, just below What Remains of Edith Finch.
"My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.