Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

ZOMBI and Army of TWO Now Free with Games with Gold

AuthorMessage
The Killjoy Law
Posted on 16 January 18 at 14:42
Is it possible to get the other regions games with gold?
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 16 January 18 at 15:09
God I wish I never bought Army of Two years ago when I was looking for a local co-op game with my buddies. Achievements aside it's not even a good game.
Giincee
Giincee
Posted on 16 January 18 at 15:10
The Killjoy Law said:
Xbox One games are no problem . Just change your region to the country you need and download the game which is available there.
But 360 games are more difficult. You need a VPN connection and a Microsoft account in the region you want.
infamousSparkle
Posted on 16 January 18 at 15:14
iTz Canada Ehh said:
God I wish I never bought Army of Two years ago when I was looking for a local co-op game with my buddies. Achievements aside it's not even a good game.
I have to disagree. To me Army of Two and the sequel was some of the best co-op games I've every played. Back in the day, I 1K'ed it several times...
I would give anything to be able to 1k it again (sadly not possible with server shutdown).
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 16 January 18 at 15:21, Edited on 16 January 18 at 15:21 by iTz Canada Ehh
infamousSparkle said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
I have to disagree. To me Army of Two and the sequel was some of the best co-op games I've every played. Back in the day, I 1K'ed it several times...
I would give anything to be able to 1k it again (sadly not possible with server shutdown).
Maybe It's because I played it when it was like 8+ years old. I thought the Devil's Cartel was a lot better.
a box of fish
a box of fish
Posted on 16 January 18 at 16:05
kazzer86 said:
Are there any different games in any other regions this month?
South Korea has Powerstar Golf instead of Zombi.
Licking an electrical outlet will not turn you into a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger.
infamousSparkle
Posted on 16 January 18 at 16:11
iTz Canada Ehh said:
infamousSparkle said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Maybe It's because I played it when it was like 8+ years old. I thought the Devil's Cartel was a lot better.
Probably has a lot to do with nostalgia :)
I just loved the game. Especially the buddy relationship and humor.
Devils cartel was fun too, but still thought the original was better.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 16 January 18 at 16:24
infamousSparkle said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
infamousSparkle said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Probably has a lot to do with nostalgia :)
I just loved the game. Especially the buddy relationship and humor.
Devils cartel was fun too, but still thought the original was better.
Probably didn't help that my buddy that I was playing with wasn't the greatest at video games tbh laugh
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 16 January 18 at 16:42
a box of fish said:
kazzer86 said:
Are there any different games in any other regions this month?
South Korea has Powerstar Golf instead of Zombi.
Can you link to that?
Jay Insomniak
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 16 January 18 at 17:28
Giincee said:
The Killjoy Law said:
Xbox One games are no problem . Just change your region to the country you need and download the game which is available there.
But 360 games are more difficult. You need a VPN connection and a Microsoft account in the region you want.
When I got Saints Row IV Aus I didn't need a VPN. Just made a new US account so I could get a free month of Gold then I migrated its region to Australia and that was that.
My favourite colour is red
Desobomber
Desobomber
Posted on 16 January 18 at 17:52
Any chance they will make Army of Two fully playable again? This correlates with it moving into BC, maybe we'll get lucky?

I haven't heard much on ZombI, probably give it a shot

Can't complain about free games
mkdfan
mkdfan
Posted on 16 January 18 at 17:57
Working now in the UK.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 16 January 18 at 17:59
Desobomber said:
Any chance they will make Army of Two fully playable again? This correlates with it moving into BC, maybe we'll get lucky?

Chances of it happening are slim to none, and slim just left. EA has little to gain by bringing them back up other than a little goodwill (and I do mean little) from gamers.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 16 January 18 at 18:03
Desobomber said:

EA Montreal doesn't exist anymore, so I'm gonna go ahead and say no chance. It's now Motive Studios or something.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 16 January 18 at 18:14
What are they gonna do for an encore, Tom Clancy's EndWar with the negatively-broken, six-years-gone Theater of War server? laugh
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
Watty8883
Watty8883
Posted on 16 January 18 at 18:22
Crater Bob said:
What are they gonna do for an encore, Tom Clancy's EndWar with the negatively-broken, six-years-gone Theater of War server? laugh
1 vs 100 ?
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 16 January 18 at 19:36
Can someone link the German keflings game? I will never touch these ones ever...
Destro WOD
Destro WOD
Posted on 16 January 18 at 19:45
Choosing Army of Two has there GWG when the game has shutdown servers is a pretty weird decision. Yes its still playable solo (and maybe in couch coop) but thats a big part of the game that is unplayable (online coop and VERSUS MP)

Blame EA for there stubborn minds. Why they have to use there half ass servers when they could just do like every other xbox games and use the default system by microsoft. Im sure some very old 360 games are still fully functional because of this.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 16 January 18 at 19:54
Watty8883 said:
Crater Bob said:
1 vs 100 ?
1 VS. 100 didn't have unobtainable achievements though, EndWar released right out of the gate with the broken/unobtainable Dog Of War achievement, and when the Theater Of War servers shut down over half a decade ago, that made almost all of the multiplayer achievements unobtainable. You can still play multiplayer on EndWar, just not in Theater Of War, which makes no sense to me whatsoever, why take out the biggest part of the MP and leave the standardized stuff available?
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 16 January 18 at 20:02
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Can someone link the German keflings game? I will never touch these ones ever...
https://marketplace.xbox.com/de-DE/product/A-Kingdom-for-Kef...

Isn't free unless you're in Germany though. At least it's full price for me in the UK when I go to redeem the 'free' offer.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.