Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

ZOMBI and Army of TWO Now Free with Games with Gold

AuthorMessage
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 17 January 18 at 09:36
Legohead 1977 said:
As far as I can see the UK version of Army of Two isn't showing up at all! Probably doing something wrong though.
Same for me
luckyluke02
luckyluke02
Posted on 17 January 18 at 11:15, Edited on 17 January 18 at 11:15 by luckyluke02
Army of two Uk and Eu version at
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/product/Army-of-Two-EU/66...
hope this helps you all
DaBlackAlbino
DaBlackAlbino
Posted on 17 January 18 at 12:35, Edited on 17 January 18 at 12:46 by DaBlackAlbino
N7 Tigger said:
So for the 360 we get a game that is a decade old, has 10 discontinued achievements and the servers have been shut down. Gee, thanks Micro$oft.
I'm not expecting triple A games included every month with my Xbox Live Gold subscription, but they have to do better than this.

Psychotic Sully said:
This is something we need to accept that its literally impossible to wanting to gain 100% on every game out 360 and One. It annoys me too so much but I'm eventually accepting it myself.
99% is the new 100% unless you create a new tag and start nothing that isn't fully achievable, and don't leave anything uncompleted unless the game shuts down. Unless you're absolutely fanatic about gaming, this is over the top. If you have adult responsibilities, you won't be this obsessed about gaming because other things take priority (your business, investments, taking care of your family etc.)

I have a bunch of games on 360 that aren't completeable anymore, but were completeable when I started them, I just, for whatever reason at the time, got bored with the game (usually after getting around 80% of the achievements and not being assed to clean up the few final grindy ones) and then when I came back a few years later, servers had shut down or patches had glitched previously unbroken achievements.

I started playing Xbox 360 when I was 17. I had a lot more time for, and enjoyed gaming a hell of a lot more back then. I'm 28 now, I have neither the time nor enthusiasm to put into gaming that a teenager/young adult does, so even though 99% is doable, it'll take me way too long and I have more important shit I could be doing.

A completion percentage of 99% may make me feel proud, but the amount of money I could earn or things I could learn in the time taken to get it up that high is staggering. I don't think it's a good time trade-off.

That's why my completion's 78%.
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 17 January 18 at 12:57
Dave, the tag for this story says: FREE WITH PREMIUM
when is should be: FREE WITH GOLD

cheers wink
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 17 January 18 at 18:02
Almost every GwG goes directly in my backlog..
DARK 777
OppaErich
OppaErich
Posted on 17 January 18 at 18:36
What is it with Army of Two and Germany, are there Nazi symbols or what ?
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 17 January 18 at 21:15, Edited on 17 January 18 at 22:18 by HolyHalfDead
Alahert said:
Almost every GwG goes directly in my backlog..
I also have every GwG and most ones I have played were the ones I already owned. We all only have a certain amount of time we can spend playing games, and I spend that time playing the games I paid for.

In 2014 I tried to play the GwG as they were released, but only managed:
- Iron Brigade
- Dead Island (Xbox 360)
- Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition
- Hitman: Absolution

Now that I have stopped buying games just because they were on sale, I have actually played four more past GwG!
- Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (WP was fun)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (cheap season pass)
- Gone Home: Console Edition (needed a quick 1000G)
- The Turing Test (TA playlist)

There is also now a better chance that a game I was interested in that I passed up when on sale becomes GwG.

OppaErich said:
What is it with Army of Two and Germany, are there Nazi symbols or what ?
Many PAL games are not available in all regions. AU and NZ miss out on quite a few. Classification/Rating plays a part, as does regional publisher.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
V1p3rs bite
V1p3rs bite
Posted on 17 January 18 at 21:41
Someone should let their marketing people know that if they're going to tout the possible achievement scores on their GWG pics, they should at least attempt to put the correct amount available. AoT not being able to be 100%'d means we can't actually get 4150 gamerscore just from downloading those 4 games (I'm assuming their extra 150 comes from AoT's free DLC...of which one achievement is also unobtainable). Nit-picky? Yes. However, when part of the draw to get the games/sign up for gold is how much gamerscore players could gain, an accurate number should be displayed.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 17 January 18 at 22:23
V1p3rs bite said:
Someone should let their marketing people know that if they're going to tout the possible achievement scores on their GWG pics, they should at least attempt to put the correct amount available. AoT not being able to be 100%'d means we can't actually get 4150 gamerscore just from downloading those 4 games (I'm assuming their extra 150 comes from AoT's free DLC...of which one achievement is also unobtainable). Nit-picky? Yes. However, when part of the draw to get the games/sign up for gold is how much gamerscore players could gain, an accurate number should be displayed.
I don't think they should have included the delisted free Veteran Map Pack. What about achievements you can only get if you have an Xbox 360 (Kinect, Vision Cam, etc).
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 17 January 18 at 23:52
I'm actually kind of intrigued to play Zombi. Strangely enough, it's one of the only games that seems to have been downgraded for PS4/X1 from the Wii U... side graded maybe?
togethawiistand
Posted on 18 January 18 at 02:03
If somebody needs a coop partner to play through the story, you can send me a PM.
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
togethawiistand
Posted on 18 January 18 at 02:16
DaBlackAlbino said:
I started playing Xbox 360 when I was 17. I had a lot more time for, and enjoyed gaming a hell of a lot more back then. I'm 28 now, I have neither the time nor enthusiasm to put into gaming that a teenager/young adult does, so even though 99% is doable, it'll take me way too long and I have more important shit I could be doing.

That's why my completion's 78%.
Somewhat sad, but true.

Time has taught me not to spend money on unwanted DLC and what not for achievements and completion.

Time has taught me not to spend too much time for those too. So I don't do stupid grinds anymore.

Having fun and not burning myself out on this hobbie by overdoing it matters a lot more than the mad race for virtual gamerscore in a gamertag and account that I don't even own and may loose if I stop playing the subscription.

Btw, your completion is shown as 83.8% to me.
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
eXitus676
eXitus676
Posted on 20 January 18 at 17:48, Edited on 20 January 18 at 17:49 by eXitus676
luckyluke02 said:
hope this helps you all
is there any way for people in germany to get this? even using a VPN and connecting to a UK server pops up an error saying "Sry, this product is not available in your region".

I have no interest in the Kefling Game whatsoever - even though I still downloaded it, coz ya know, free games are free games haha - and would really love to play Army of Two, despite its servers being down
Achilles8249
Achilles8249
Posted on 21 January 18 at 11:23
I don't understand how they put up the dlc for it when its supposed to be delisted, but you can't download it either because it says that its not for my region. Even the description for release date and file size is all there, bizarre.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 22 January 18 at 03:10, Edited on 22 January 18 at 03:23 by HolyHalfDead
eXitus676 said:
luckyluke02 said:
hope this helps you all
is there any way for people in germany to get this? even using a VPN and connecting to a UK server pops up an error saying "Sry, this product is not available in your region".
I'm assuming you are trying to make the purchase on your German gamertag. You will either need to create a UK gamertag (and get XBL Gold for it), or change the region of your gamertag which you have to wait for 3 months before you can change it back:

https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration/Confirm

I have spent 3 months in Germany in the past ;)
GwG February 2014 Dead Island - replaced with Metro 2033 in Germany!
Xandler
Xandler
Posted on 23 January 18 at 13:39, Edited on 23 January 18 at 13:40 by Xandler
With the discontinued achievements for this game (Army of Two)...I'm going to pass...first one in a long time I havent actually downloaded though
Dusk X2
Dusk X2
Posted on 26 January 18 at 15:07
I played this a long time ago, but downloaded it again since it's free and figured it might be fun to try to mop up a couple missed cheeves. Couldn't connect to servers so checked here and find out they closed in '11! wow, gwg. what utter trash. TRASH! Don't reach so far into the toilet next time MS. and don't give me that "you can still (re)play the single player campaign bs." That game was MADE for co-op play!
Dusk X2
Dusk X2
Posted on 26 January 18 at 15:13
to clarify, I ain't mad servers closed, I get that, I'm mad your trying to pretend it's cool your giving away a broken toy. if you can't play it you shouldn't give it out.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.