Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Xbox Game Pass Adds Eight New Titles in February

AuthorMessage
STAGGERILLA
STAGGERILLA
Posted on 17 January 18 at 16:57
NoHeroes94 said:
RiME is execeptional, and it deserved it 81% on metacritic. Looking past the (minor) flaws its the most fun I've had with an indie since Inside.
Such a good game, I really enjoy RiME. In the sameish vein AER - Memories of Old is a good relaxing game similar to this.
Weak sauce
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 17 January 18 at 17:03
Damn! I just bought Fable. Oh well.
War...war never changes.
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 17 January 18 at 17:09
I guess it's time to bring Krampus to WWE 17
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 17 January 18 at 17:20
Hey cool, I finished Darksiders Warmastered recently thanks to Game Pass, and now I will be able to play Darksiders II Deathfinitive. I have 5 new games waiting to be played & I'll only be playing Game Pass ones, haha. Jeez.
Streets Ahead
Sco Bravheart
Sco Bravheart
Posted on 17 January 18 at 17:33
This game pass seems to be a success so far.
DANIELVS
DANIELVS
Posted on 17 January 18 at 17:44
Archeim said:
Is it wrong that everytime i see something about Xbox Game Pass... i hear Mila Jovovich in my head going "Multipass?"
laugh
Johnny Broflex
Posted on 17 January 18 at 18:00
Glad I never bought the remastered Darksiders games.
Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 17 January 18 at 18:00, Edited on 17 January 18 at 18:01 by Vr English
V3ntilator said:
I bought Halo Wars 2 physical retail, new sealed for only 5 bucks 8 months ago. ;)

Still haven't played it.
How'd you manage that?! I'd commit to that.

Also... lol at the multipass comment, I hear her voice in my head everytime.
xxx AL
xxx AL
Posted on 17 January 18 at 18:16
Sure would be fine if Bf4 premium for the 360 were added. If not on Gamepass then on EA access.
DANgerous Mavu
Posted on 17 January 18 at 18:16
Cool! A few good titles to try since I took the 3 months cheaper option.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 17 January 18 at 18:45
It looks like MS is having to rely on it's own games too much. I wonder why ubisoft hasn't supported this.
rocking23nf
rocking23nf
Posted on 17 January 18 at 18:51
letter quest was a fun game.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 17 January 18 at 19:05
DarkWingSpartan said:
Halo Wars 2 must've flopped badly if it's being added less than a year after release.
Isn't it a year after release, effectively? Regardless, it makes perfect sense for a game to enter a subscription service prior to being released for a year; even the non-annual EA titles typically enter the EA Access Vault within 6-8 months after release. After the first 1-3 months, games simply don't sell in large numbers, and if your game is built to support smaller DLCs/microtransactions (like Halo Wars 2 is) then it actually makes more financial sense to open up the population count and make back the revenue on selling those cheaper DLCs and consumable content.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 17 January 18 at 19:18
Letter Quest is a fun game and if you haven't tried it I'd highly recommend it. Same with Riptide GP. Both games in the series are great and I feel they're underrated. I heard it had issues with it at launch with the cops but when I played it in the summer it was decently easy and a lot of fun.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 17 January 18 at 19:37
EllandRoad Dave said:
So let me get this right, the Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable in Fable Anniversary can be obtained by playing on a 360 console, but not through backward compatibility. However, Game Pass only permits access through the One and my 360 will not recognise my ability to play it.

Really want to play this one, but that will frustrate me if I'm right.
You are right.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 17 January 18 at 20:09, Edited on 17 January 18 at 20:18 by HolyHalfDead
DarkWingSpartan said:
Halo Wars 2 must've flopped badly if it's being added less than a year after release.
Not necessarily.

You used to buy Microsoft Office (eg Office 2013), now you pay monthly for Office 365. It is much better for a company to get a committed amount of revenue every month, rather than a lump sum every few years. By adding a high profile title like Halo Wars 2 it increases the subscription base, and the theory is if your product is good people won't cancel their subscription.

Also, HW2 has Awakening the Nightmare for Halo Wars 2 for $20 and other add-ons with achievements costing $48 ($30 for Season Pass). We all know individual add-ons don't often go on sale, instead the best bet is to buy the the Complete Edition ($60) when it is on sale. Pretty much the same for GwG, you may get the game with XBL Gold subscription, but to get the add-ons it is often cheaper to buy the game again.

HW:DE no longer comes with HW2, but it is also in the multi game pass.

xPut Name Herex said:
it makes perfect sense
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 17 January 18 at 20:51, Edited on 17 January 18 at 20:51 by GoyetteQC
Might finally use my 14 days Game Pass trial just for Rime.
[Insert signature here.]
FOKENWOLFEN
FOKENWOLFEN
Posted on 17 January 18 at 21:00
OMG I wasn't aware that Fable Anniversary Achievements has one Unobtainable. roll
EllandRoad Dave
Posted on 17 January 18 at 22:42
FOKENWOLFEN said:
OMG I wasn't aware that Fable Anniversary Achievements has one Unobtainable. roll
It's not completely Unobtainable, but won't be unlockable through Game Pass as it can only be done on an Xbox 360 console. See above.
drownedLTspeirs
Posted on 17 January 18 at 23:03
Nice just checked and I already have the unobtainable in Fable :) not much else though haha
LTspeirs
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.