Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Xbox Game Pass Adds Eight New Titles in February

AuthorMessage
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 17 January 18 at 23:48
Not bad. Will need more before I sign up. Maybe when they do another $1 month.
SparrowSP
SparrowSP
Posted on 18 January 18 at 00:31
Thijs van Osch said:
Pfew I almost bought RiME with the sale this week, thank you! Does anyone know when the xbox one x enhanced update will be available?
Halo wars 2 and Darksiders 2 are also great additions for game pass, february is going to be a great month :D
Same here lol
FEAR EPIDEMIC
FEAR EPIDEMIC
Posted on 18 January 18 at 01:16
So which games are leaving?
Microtransactions are EVIL!
Buttercup III
Buttercup III
Posted on 18 January 18 at 01:26
Everyone play WWE 2K17 so I can get the gold medal achievement and finally be done with this game
snatcher33
snatcher33
Posted on 18 January 18 at 02:34
I would play Darksiders if they would fix (which I know they are not) the unobtainable achievement.
K1NG ARTHUR III
Posted on 18 January 18 at 04:16
Have any games ever left game pass?.
Jamiereloaded23
Jamiereloaded23
Posted on 18 January 18 at 04:19
Microsoft sent a message to my Xbox Inbox to say that on January 31st Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and WWE 2K16 are being removed from Game Pass so would be wise to finish them up if this is the only way you have to access them currently.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
Posted on 18 January 18 at 05:02
I'll also admit to almost buying Rime with the sale. This month is dope for Game Pass games, so happy to see stuff like this come forward, though I think that bringing awesome games from last generation to the service would be the best course of action. Stuff like Metal Gear Rising, the original Dark Souls, Katamari, or even GUN.
wildandcrazygal
Posted on 18 January 18 at 05:38
I'll definitely give RiME and Halo Wars 2 a look as I don't have them. I already have Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition but won't touch it until that unobtainable is fixed. Happy to see WWE 2K17 on the list since I wasn't paying close attention when I bought it and accidentally purchased the 360 version. I'm looking forward to all the features that version didn't include so I'll definitely replay that. Also excited about Fable. I played the Lost Chapters original Xbox version which is the same content as the Anniversary edition but being an original Xbox title has no achievements. So like 2K17 I'll definitely be playing this version as well.
wildandcrazygal
JBS 80
JBS 80
Posted on 18 January 18 at 07:03, Edited on 18 January 18 at 07:16 by JBS 80
Predefiance said:
Not bad. Will need more before I sign up. Maybe when they do another $1 month.
Can a person avail of the $1 deal more than once? For some reason I have it in my head that its a one-off offer per user. Did you avail of both $1 months so far?

K1NG ARTHUR III said:
Have any games ever left game pass?.
There are 2 leaving on 31st January 2018. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (which was announced as only being available until then when it was added back in November), and WWE 2K16 (presumably to make way for WWE 2K17).

I also notice NBA 2K16, which was a launch title, is no longer available. With NBA 2K17 being added next month it loos like they'll remove the older editions of "yearly" sports games before adding the newer ones.
SPACE ODDITY
SPACE ODDITY
Posted on 18 January 18 at 07:21, Edited on 18 January 18 at 07:23 by SPACE ODDITY
I signed up for special £1 deal. The big reason for my decision was Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, but with Microsoft removing the game on the 31st, I think I will cancel.

I don't want to be a member, if they are going to be adding and removing games like this.
QUAKE 4 Number One GRAW Solo Number OneT
St3phosaurus
St3phosaurus
Posted on 18 January 18 at 09:09
I was able to claim the £1 for a month deal twice over Christmas, and still have my 14 day free trial to claim.
Excited to check out RiME anyway! Loving Game Pass so far. :)
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 18 January 18 at 12:28
RiME makes me tempted to finally cash in my free trial..
Jay Insomniak
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 18 January 18 at 14:09
SPACE ODDITY said:
I signed up for special £1 deal. The big reason for my decision was Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, but with Microsoft removing the game on the 31st, I think I will cancel.

I don't want to be a member, if they are going to be adding and removing games like this.
When MGS V was added they made it known it was a limited time offer...
My favourite colour is red
matdan
matdan
Posted on 18 January 18 at 14:30
xSTAGGERxLEEx said:
CRUM LEE said:
Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
Cryofuse said:
Halo Wars 2 looks interesting
I'll second to that.
Third! Not a huge RTS guy but it's hard to turn down Halo
Luckily they made these easy to play RTS, not like Command and Conquer. I like both though.
I mean RTS on console is a doomed concept, Tiberium War was a poor port without the battle planner mode which was made for PC's some parts were near impossible with the limited controls you were given. They should at least be cross-platform like Universe at War so some of us can avoid banging our heads against the proverbial wall that is console RTS.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
stordoff
stordoff
Posted on 18 January 18 at 14:41
SPACE ODDITY said:
It's more like gaming Netflix (than say EA Access' vault) - there will always be games there, but not necessarily the same games.

It's not ideal.
Mortaigne
Mortaigne
Posted on 18 January 18 at 15:07
I think Game Pass is a pretty awesome service. I have more games to play than I have time now...
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 18 January 18 at 16:14
Xbox game pass just keeps getting better and better!
$ICK$IDE
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 18 January 18 at 16:22
stordoff said:
SPACE ODDITY said:
It's more like gaming Netflix (than say EA Access' vault) - there will always be games there, but not necessarily the same games.

It's not ideal.
To be fair, EA Access has removed games too.
gavmanwv3
gavmanwv3
Posted on 18 January 18 at 17:21
I agree with the person who said that Letter Quest was fun. I bought it for the full 10 bucks. It is a good game and it is not too dificult to 1000. There is a little grinding (just a little) and it can be challenging.. but boy it is fun. Definitely check it out.

I am thinking about getting Game Pass again after my $1 month and with Riptide coming up, it gives me one more reason to get another month. dance
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.