Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Xbox Game Pass Adds Eight New Titles in February

AuthorMessage
YODA12320
YODA12320
Posted on 18 January 18 at 18:30
Wonder if there also gonna remove NBA 2k16 to make way for NBA 2k17 like there doing for WWE 2k17 by removing WWE 2k16 from the pass.
Regards;Yoda12320
JBS 80
JBS 80
Posted on 18 January 18 at 19:18
YODA12320 said:
Wonder if there also gonna remove NBA 2k16 to make way for NBA 2k17 like there doing for WWE 2k17 by removing WWE 2k16 from the pass.
I believe so. It's not showing up for me in either the Game Pass all games A-Z or the Sports & Racing sections (although I do get the option to Install it when I search for it in the Store).
FOKENWOLFEN
FOKENWOLFEN
Posted on 18 January 18 at 21:48
JBS 80 said:
Predefiance said:
Not bad. Will need more before I sign up. Maybe when they do another $1 month.
Can a person avail of the $1 deal more than once? For some reason I have it in my head that its a one-off offer per user. Did you avail of both $1 months so far?

Yes I got the $1 deal for december and then the $1 deal of january.

EllandRoad Dave said:
FOKENWOLFEN said:
OMG I wasn't aware that Fable Anniversary Achievements has one Unobtainable. roll
It's not completely Unobtainable, but won't be unlockable through Game Pass as it can only be done on an Xbox 360 console. See above.
Thanks I saw that on the guides for the achievement and tested it in a dummy account and worked.

By the way, for those who are on the game pass, when you see a game priced as "free" with gamepass, do you actually get that game for free?
David Borhi
David Borhi
Posted on 19 January 18 at 00:48
Almost bought Halo wars 2 yesterday warning looking forward to fable bought that the day it released on my birthday for the OG xbox
pradDIABLO
pradDIABLO
Posted on 19 January 18 at 16:37
SPACE ODDITY said:
I signed up for special £1 deal. The big reason for my decision was Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, but with Microsoft removing the game on the 31st, I think I will cancel.

I don't want to be a member, if they are going to be adding and removing games like this.
With Metal Gear, the announcement of it being added to the game pass contained a remark that it would be removed on this date. Haven't seen such warning with any other game pass addition, but only with metal gear probably because of the short duration.
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 19 January 18 at 16:58
at first i was SUPER excited to see DARKSIDERS 2 but!! it has an unobtainable achv!! WTF!!!!!!

I can't believe Halo Wars 2 is already on Game Pass tho... does that mean it's not selling well... still haven't 100% Halo Wars 1, so I guess I'll pass.

I just might dive back in Albion and play Fable, But I've played thru Fable 1 on OG xbox like 5 times so I dunno, I might not.

Most excited about RIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost bought this so many times!!! clapclap
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
JBS 80
JBS 80
Posted on 19 January 18 at 18:38
FOKENWOLFEN said:
JBS 80 said:
Predefiance said:
Not bad. Will need more before I sign up. Maybe when they do another $1 month.
Can a person avail of the $1 deal more than once? For some reason I have it in my head that its a one-off offer per user. Did you avail of both $1 months so far?

Yes I got the $1 deal for december and then the $1 deal of january.
Thanks. That's good to know. I passed on the $1 Black Friday deal as I wouldn't have had time to play any Game Pass games during December, but the $1 New Year's deal was almost perfect timing for me. I've played 5 ID@Xbox games over the past 10 days that had been added in the months since Game Pass launched and, with my subscription running until February 3rd, I'll get to play RiME too.

FOKENWOLFEN said:
By the way, for those who are on the game pass, when you see a game priced as "free" with gamepass, do you actually get that game for free?
Not to own, no, if that's what you mean. All Game Pass games are free to install and play as long as you're paying for Game Pass, but you lose access to them when your subscription lapses. Unless you buy them, of course.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 21 January 18 at 07:05
Anybody need a 1 month game pass trial code? I got it with the 1X tried using it the other day to extend my subscription but was told it's only for new subscriptions. First PM gets it.
Streets Ahead
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 28 January 18 at 01:57
lol noooooooooooooooo!!!

I just realised that WWE 2K16 was Games with Gold back in 2016, which I downloaded. I have been rushing to try and complete it before its removal from Game Pass, even purchasing the Kickstarter DLC to speed things up.

I am such a dickhead!
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 28 January 18 at 20:47
Yummy Baklava said:
lol noooooooooooooooo!!!

I just realised that WWE 2K16 was Games with Gold back in 2016, which I downloaded. I have been rushing to try and complete it before its removal from Game Pass, even purchasing the Kickstarter DLC to speed things up.

I am such a dickhead!
And my understanding is you can't complete it. As there are unobtainables.

Which is why i never started it, after downloading on GWG.
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.