Game Discussion: Albert and Otto Forum

The devs are sadists

AuthorMessage
SmactSilly
Posted on 22 January 18 at 05:41
Maybe my coordination isn't what it used to be, but the controls in this game suck so bad. On top of that, the requirements for some of the achievements are ridiculous for such a bad control scheme. I wish I had never purchased this game in the first place.
Living Legends
Posted on 22 January 18 at 05:43
It's a 2 hour completion
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 22 January 18 at 13:08
... and 1000 GS for that? Wow!
Shh I am Batman
Posted on 22 January 18 at 17:37
Should I wait for a walkthrough to be published before I dive in? Or are the achievements that easy to grab that a WT would be redundant?
"It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
shelbygt5252
shelbygt5252
Posted on 22 January 18 at 21:06
Shh I am Batman said:
Should I wait for a walkthrough to be published before I dive in? Or are the achievements that easy to grab that a WT would be redundant?
If you want the easy completion you should probably start it before they fix the 5 deaths or less achievement (Wunderbar) that unlocks now for just completing the game.
Shh I am Batman
Posted on 23 January 18 at 14:30
Oh sweet. That's today's completion then.
"It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
SmactSilly
Posted on 23 January 18 at 16:43
There are two achievements that are related to flawless game play through fast moving sections and one related to defeating the first boss without dying. The numbers indicate that this is easy, but I have not found that to be true. But yes, it is really just a 2 hour completion and then I can cross it off my list.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 04 April 19 at 00:51
SmactSilly said:
There are two achievements that are related to flawless game play through fast moving sections and one related to defeating the first boss without dying. The numbers indicate that this is easy, but I have not found that to be true. But yes, it is really just a 2 hour completion and then I can cross it off my list.
I agree, beating the 2 bosses without dying is really hard (not the first one, only the river achievement actually), and if you die you have to start the whole chapter again...
SuperAwesomez
SuperAwesomez
Posted on 08 April 19 at 20:40
This game is terrible, it’s not difficult technically the controls suck so bad and everything is so sluggish it’s impossible to get the timing right half the time.
Kriostyx
Kriostyx
Posted on 22 April 19 at 03:06, Edited on 22 April 19 at 03:19 by Kriostyx
I'm very confused by the low score numbers as well. If the controls were tight and the game physics sound, the flawless bosses might be reasonably easy, but even with a video guide it's just a nightmare to pull off because the controls and physics are so terrible.

The physics of the toy being able to push down a button are glitchy as hell and the floaty sluggish controls make coordinating your way against the 1st boss an absolute mess. 1.25 is just a baffling numbers ratio for that achievement. I'm not saying it's impossible, but some telltale games achievements have a higher ratio than 1.25 so something is very off here.
WorKev
WorKev
Posted on 12 June 19 at 23:29
I’m giving up with the two boss achievement, getting to frustrated with it now angry
Happy enough with 10 out of 12
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.