Windows

Forum for general Windows discussion. Come here to talk about everything associated with the OS, from games to apps to updates.

Windows 8 Games not connecting to Xbox Live?

• Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,493,678
    Posted on 30 November 18 at 19:42Permalink
    I had issues a week or so ago. Tried on three different computers and couldn't sign into any Win 8 game. However, my friend at work signed in just fine on their computer.

Anyway, it seemingly resolved itself over one weekend.
    "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
  • napoearthnapoearth670,703
    Posted on 20 December 18 at 14:14Permalink
    Anyone else have any recent issues? I unlocked 4 achievements in-game for Rabbids Big Bang and none have appeared to have synced with XBOX. This was after unlocking another achievement a couple of hours earlier that did sync.
    I like Texas 'cause Texas is the only state ballsy enough to have its own toast. - Mitch Hedberg
  • Irate DrakeIrate Drake389,980
    Posted on 08 January 19 at 17:21Permalink
    1/8/19 - Unlocked Cheevos in Fling. Nothing has crossed over yet today....
  • JeffMommJeffMomm311,349
    Posted on 08 January 19 at 18:06Permalink
    I played Abyss over the weekend and everything synced correctly. I am playing it on a Windows 10 machine, if that matters.
    Posted on 08 January 19 at 18:15Permalink
    Fling is a WP game, correct?
    "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
  • Posted on 08 January 19 at 21:00Permalink
    Fling is indeed WP.
    Posted on 08 January 19 at 21:02Permalink
    I was making sure, lol. Figured I would point that out because they might get better traction for their issue from another thread.
  • xTCxxTCx1,321,603
    Posted on 13 May 19 at 18:07Permalink
    The Games app is down for me at the moment on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, so I can't sign into Xbox LIVE when ingame. The Store is down on Windows 8 but is up on Windows 8.1
  • Posted on 05 June 19 at 21:46Permalink
    win 8 store and games not working for me
  • Erickson187Erickson187362,010
    Posted on 01 November 19 at 16:40Permalink
    I have unlocked a number of achievements over the last week on my WP8 and they show up in the games but not syncing on xbox. The games I am currently having this with is Mass effect and Pac man. I hope it isn't an issue that requires a uninstall since ME has been delisted also am so close to finishing Batman which is a total grind for xp and coins
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,348,699
    Posted on 14 November 19 at 04:06Permalink
    Erickson187 said:
    I have unlocked a number of achievements over the last week on my WP8 and they show up in the games but not syncing on xbox. The games I am currently having this with is Mass effect and Pac man. I hope it isn't an issue that requires a uninstall since ME has been delisted also am so close to finishing Batman which is a total grind for xp and coins
    Same. I'm hoping the achievements sync up later.
  • xTCxxTCx1,321,603
    Posted on 24 November 19 at 01:08Permalink
    It seems like Windows 8 Store has been shutdown! I went onto it earlier and it had an Error saying to get a newer version of Windows basically. Apparently it happened on October 31st. Luckily Windows 8.1 Store is still available.
  • shelbygt5252shelbygt5252740,089
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 22:15Permalink
    Anyone else having issues logging into win8 games on win10? I can't connect to Cold Alley, even though it was working a few days ago
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 22:44Permalink
    shelbygt5252 said:
    Anyone else having issues logging into win8 games on win10? I can't connect to Cold Alley, even though it was working a few days ago
    Seems to be a lot of Xbox Live issues right now, including signing in. The service status page has 3 issues right now.
  • shelbygt5252shelbygt5252740,089
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 23:02Permalink
    JeffMomm said:
    Seems to be a lot of Xbox Live issues right now, including signing in. The service status page has 3 issues right now.
    Ah that makes sense, I didn't even see that. Thanks for letting me know
  • cenGii91cenGii91297,463
    Posted yesterday at 01:07Permalink
    Hey guys, can't log in to Mahjong/Sudoku and Jigsaw.

Not that i can't login but when i try to log in it shows me that this in-app purchase is not available?
    Weird stuff. Anyone got the same issue? Can't imagine the sign-in assistant thinking it is an purchase i want to make? That sounds dumb.

However Number Puzzle works fine. Ultimate Word Games works fine too, despite launching it showed me a runtime broker error message - just like all the other apps.

But for Sudoku/Mahjong/Jigsaw i can't even access to the main menu, since the game closes and it shows me the error message that i need to check my account.
    Achievement Hunter, but not that extreme. I have a life, you know.
    Posted yesterday at 01:56Permalink
    I did hear that MS was having store issues. Maybe it is related?
  • cenGii91cenGii91297,463
    Posted yesterday at 03:01Permalink
    I don't know actually, tried Ultimate Word Games again and suddenly got the same issue on that too. Probably a temporary issue.
    Achievement Hunter, but not that extreme. I have a life, you know.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.