Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 23 January 18 at 07:15
    Please use this thread to discuss the The Vanishing of Ethan Carter walkthrough
  • Information
    Posted on 27 May 18 at 14:41
    We are currently looking for a new owner, please post in here or send the Walkthrough Manager a PM if you are interested in writing it.
  • Information
  • Posted on 20 September 20 at 03:46
    You don't have to do anything after completing game. The sniper rifle is there after you leave mines. It's obtainable after I believe "the eds death" story mission. Simply walk into power station and after you've turned the water valve off, the far door will open allowing access to sniper rifle. I had 1000 gs on normal completion.
    Jumpin'JackFlash
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper992,172,450
    Posted on 20 September 20 at 05:00
    Interesting. Everything I've heard and seen requires doing the hand grenade toss off the bridge to get it to appear there. I'll have to take a look I guess.
  • MagicalChildMagicalChild1,037,762
    Posted on 28 March 21 at 17:21
    I believe the grenade toss is necessary but it definitely can be done during the main story. I only used the guide when I was a little stuck and I stumbled over the pine cone/grenade by accident looking for the stone (hadn't figured out the word aligning facepalm). Later on the bridge, "throw grenade" showed up. I struggled finding the right angle to make it turn yellow and since it wasn't mentioned in the guide as being relevant at that point, I abandoned it.
    I've been walking around the rocky shore later but unless I somehow missed it, the scuba diver wasn't there.

Naturally, I wasn't too thrilled to find out I would have actually needed to throw the grenade after I finished the story.
    I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper992,172,450
    Posted on 01 April 21 at 21:54
    As I said previously, this is definitely a surprise to me. I can put a note in there, but I had found this to be on a return later. Luckily between the fast travel after completing the game and the fast nature of this, it shouldn't be too bad either way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.