The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale - Australia Back to School Sale

• Posted on 24 January 18 at 12:38
    It's possible to do it via xbox.com (see Sensei's post three above this one for the URL) if you can buy an AUD gift card. That avoids the hassle of switching region on console and the risk of finding it locked for a period if you do it too often.

Find the game you want, click to buy it then use the option to redeem a code and enter the gift card code. It won't let you add credit to your account that way but does let you do it when you use it to redeem against a specific purchase.

I generally use Offgamers for foreign marketplace credit. G2A doubtless sells them too - but I wouldn't personally trust that site.
  • Big EllBig Ell1,912,858
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 12:53
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    Available in New Zealand as well.
    Which is apart of Australia, silly!
    A part is two words, silly! Apart would mean it's not a part anymore. :)
  • AceMcCloudAceMcCloud296,275
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 12:58
    Racxie said:
    Awoo said:
    I find it a bit ironic to see a back to school sale on something that is only going to distract you from schoolwork.
    Even kids need a break from school work every once in awhile. Imagine if you weren't allowed to play games in the afternoons or evenings just because it might distract you from your day job.
    But it's Back To School, indicating they've been off school... which is when you'd have a lot of free time to play games. "Back To School" sales are for items you need at school... games don't qualify, lol.

Also, what have they been doing for the last 3 weeks?! Where they still in school after 21st December 2017? Or do they get 3 weeks less holiday in August?
    AceMcCloud
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 January 18 at 13:07
    Mark Farley said:
    heatlight said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    Wot.
    *Australasia
    I fail to see what World of Tanks has to do with this
    Alice in Chains
  • thatNoseyParkerthatNoseyParker1,826,237
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 13:13
    Mark Farley said:
    I buy games from the US marketplace so I presume I can do the same with Aus. I buy a code from G2A and then change my location on the ONE and redeem the code in Aus locale. Buy the game and install then just change the locale back to U.K.

Make sure they’ve installed first as the list of own games doesn’t show games purchased outside of the locale you’re currently set at (ie my US games don’t show on the install list whilst I’m logged in under U.K.)

You can do this on the 360 but it locks your console for 3 months so I wouldn’t recommend this. Just buy a foreign 360 console.
    I personally (and recommend to) do it via the website store. I buy my codes from cdkeys (probably a little more expensive but safer) who do a rate of £0.70 to $1 USD.

Rather than faffing with rebooting your console you can just click the globe icon in the footer of MS' website and select the country. Redeem the code and just purchase. Plus I've never had the issue of Games not appearing in my Ready to Install with my Xbox One set as UK
  • Posted on 24 January 18 at 13:17
    AceMcCloud said:
    Also, what have they been doing for the last 3 weeks?! Where they still in school after 21st December 2017? Or do they get 3 weeks less holiday in August?
    I believe that their 'summer holiday' is actually during the Northern hemisphere's winter, considering the seasons are the other way around down under.
  • ZoZombifyZoZombify350,944
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 13:37
    Hell yes! clap
  • LockieLockie870,353
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 14:01, Edited on 24 January 18 at 14:01 by Lockie
    SGunDiplomacy said:
    AceMcCloud said:
    I believe that their 'summer holiday' is actually during the Northern hemisphere's winter, considering the seasons are the other way around down under.
    Precisely. Here the Summer holidays for schools run from 16 Dec to 29 Jan.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • UBERSICKOUBERSICKO262,568
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 14:07
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    Oh no you didn't, thems fighting words!!!

Nothing really jumps out and says buy me, maybe Spintires.
    [url=https://www.play-asia.com/23/?affiliate_id=213978] [img]https://www.play-asia.com/32/74l[/img][/url] For all your importing gaming needs.
  • JuicyjamsJuicyjams1,032,163
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 14:08
    Lurking Lawyer said:
    It's possible to do it via xbox.com (see Sensei's post three above this one for the URL) if you can buy an AUD gift card. That avoids the hassle of switching region on console and the risk of finding it locked for a period if you do it too often.

Find the game you want, click to buy it then use the option to redeem a code and enter the gift card code. It won't let you add credit to your account that way but does let you do it when you use it to redeem against a specific purchase.

I generally use Offgamers for foreign marketplace credit. G2A doubtless sells them too - but I wouldn't personally trust that site.
    How long does it take for you to receive your code? Is it just emailed to you?
    Until I Collapse
  • Posted on 24 January 18 at 15:47
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    Umm, no. They are 2 separate countries.
  • Desi ShinobiDesi Shinobi738,568
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 15:53
    Bit harsh, its region only. Ah well...

UK sales are shite!
  • Posted on 24 January 18 at 17:02
    Juicyjams said:
    How long does it take for you to receive your code? Is it just emailed to you?
    Yes - pretty much instantaneously, usually.
  • DAN5KI97DAN5KI97521,409
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 17:29
    Wow got a load of Australian dollars left over from buying saints row IV couldn't come at a better time lol toast
    DAN5KI97
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 17:42
    Thanks TA for restoring this sale.

FightingMegaFoo said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    The confusion is that there is a country called Australia, and there is a continent called Australia. New Zealand is a part of the continent Australia, but not the country Australia. Oceania and Australasia are two different geographic regions that both included New Zealand and Australia.

It’s like telling a Canadian they are part of America, as is a Mexican, if you are referring to the continent America and not the country USA.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 24 January 18 at 18:11
    What is with these region specific sales? Wouldn't it not benefit the company to have the sale go global?
  • Posted on 24 January 18 at 18:15, Edited on 24 January 18 at 18:15 by FuzzedUpCookie
    Big Ell said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    RIP basic English laugh
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,119,022
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 19:01, Edited on 24 January 18 at 19:01 by Living Legends
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    Big Ell said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    RIP basic English laugh
    Give the guy a little credit. My country doesn't have a proper grasp on English language. It's the only language you have to learn And people can't even speak it correctly. "Can I axe you a question?" It is said commonly here. Ebonics is also a great way to describe it.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,327,968
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 19:44
    HolyHalfDead said:

FightingMegaFoo said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    The confusion is that there is a country called Australia, and there is a continent called Australia. New Zealand is a part of the continent Australia, but not the country Australia. Oceania and Australasia are two different geographic regions that both included New Zealand and Australia.

It’s like telling a Canadian they are part of America, as is a Mexican, if you are referring to the continent America and not the country USA.
    Don't ever insult me like that ever again.
  • Posted on 24 January 18 at 19:45, Edited on 24 January 18 at 19:47 by FightingMegaFoo
    HolyHalfDead said:

FightingMegaFoo said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:

Contrary to popular belief, New Zealand is not even a part of Australia the continent. It's part of an ancient sunken continent called Zealandia, but it's not part of Australia, since NZ is not even on the Australian continental plate.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads