The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sale - Australia Back to School Sale

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 19:46
    33% off AC Origins from ubi.com until end of Thursday NZ, and I believe an extra 20% off with 100 Uplay points.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 January 18 at 20:01
    If there is one thing I don't miss about Australia it's paying $112 for a game and being told that that's 25% off.
  • SlabbaSlabba241,767
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 20:08
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Thanks TA for restoring this sale.

FightingMegaFoo said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    Available in New Zealand as well.
    Which is apart of Australia, silly!
    Umm, no. They are 2 separate countries.
    The confusion is that there is a country called Australia, and there is a continent called Australia. New Zealand is a part of the continent Australia, but not the country Australia. Oceania and Australasia are two different geographic regions that both included New Zealand and Australia.

It’s like telling a Canadian they are part of America, as is a Mexican, if you are referring to the continent America and not the country USA.
    Contrary to popular belief, New Zealand is not even a part of Australia the continent. It's part of an ancient sunken continent called Zealandia, but it's not part of Australia, since NZ is not even on the Australian continental plate.
    Clearly no one picked up on Yummy Baklava’s Aussie sense of humour...
  • heatlightheatlight2,729,778
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 20:11
    HolyHalfDead said:
    New Zealand is a part of the continent Australia, but not the country Australia.
    Nope.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 20:12, Edited on 24 January 18 at 20:53 by HolyHalfDead
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    Contrary to popular belief, New Zealand is not even a part of Australia the continent. It's part of an ancient sunken continent called Zealandia, but it's not part of Australia, since NZ is not even on the Australian continental plate.
    I know you are right, but it is not mentioned in text books or taught in schools. By definition New Zealand is not part of any continent (it is the world's largest microcontinent), which means not only are we not part of Australia, but we do not even exist!

This is all very recent: In 2017, a team of eleven geologists from New Zealand, New Caledonia and Australia concluded that Zealandia fulfills all the requirements to be considered a drowned continent, rather than a microcontinent or continental fragment.

The 5 "land mass" continents - http://www.freeworldmaps.net/continents/5continents.gif
    The 6 contients some of us were taught - http://www.freeworldmaps.net/continents/six_continents.gif
    The 7 continents the rest of us were taught - http://www.freeworldmaps.net/continents/7continents.gif

Slabba said:
    I did, I have heard it enough times. Some people do think it is true, for example I couldn't convince Microsoft support US, that New Zealand was not part of Australia.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • SlabbaSlabba241,767
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 20:34
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Slabba said:
    I did, I have heard it enough times. Some people do think it is true, for example I couldn't convince Microsoft support US, that New Zealand was not part of Australia.
    Yeah I think you and I both get it. It appears that everyone who was offended by the comment wasn’t from Australia or NZ and don’t understand the banter between our two nations.
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn1,068,341
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 20:51
    Hard to tell which of the comments here are having a laugh and which are actually serious but confused...
  • Posted on 24 January 18 at 23:11
    I feel tempted to get the BioShock Infinite season pass.
    And there was a huge whale and it was all like MWAAAAA which made it super scary!
  • MaseJMaseJ1,222,791
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 23:19
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    Well played sir laugh
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,150,112
    Posted on 25 January 18 at 03:53
    This stayed on topic well.
  • Posted on 25 January 18 at 04:41
    Living Legends said:
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    Big Ell said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    A part is two words, silly! Apart would mean it's not a part anymore. :)
    RIP basic English laugh
    Give the guy a little credit. My country doesn't have a proper grasp on English language. It's the only language you have to learn And people can't even speak it correctly. "Can I axe you a question?" It is said commonly here. Ebonics is also a great way to describe it.
    Plus who the hell cares? English is a stupid language and wasn't too fun trying to learn how to speak. Island? Colonel? Ailand and kernel would make a lot more sense to me.

As an aside, how many people actually know how to spell anymore? Auto correct kind of makes it pretty trivial.
  • MehticulousMehticulous522,468
    Posted on 25 January 18 at 04:44
    Literally anyone no matter where they are in the world who knows how to purchase an Australian xbox gift card online and clicks the links in this thread on the PC going straight to the AU store on xbox.com can benefit from these deals.
  • Lasher67Lasher67810,014
    Posted on 25 January 18 at 04:51
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    As an aside, how many people actually know how to spell anymore? Auto correct kind of makes it pretty trivial.
    A-N-Y-M-O-R-E
  • Posted on 25 January 18 at 05:04
    AceMcCloud said:
    Racxie said:
    Awoo said:
    I find it a bit ironic to see a back to school sale on something that is only going to distract you from schoolwork.
    Even kids need a break from school work every once in awhile. Imagine if you weren't allowed to play games in the afternoons or evenings just because it might distract you from your day job.
    But it's Back To School, indicating they've been off school... which is when you'd have a lot of free time to play games. "Back To School" sales are for items you need at school... games don't qualify, lol.

Also, what have they been doing for the last 3 weeks?! Where they still in school after 21st December 2017? Or do they get 3 weeks less holiday in August?
    Starting Mid-December we get about 6 weeks off, that means the rest of the year and usually all of January.

After that it's 10 weeks of school, 2 week break, 10 weeks of school, 2 week break and so on until December again.
  • LucienChaseLucienChase344,852
    Posted on 25 January 18 at 05:28
    Ultron 18 said:
    Is there any way for Americans to get these sale prices? I want the Ark season pass!! Missed it last time it went on sale.
    Why would anyone want to have Australian prices anyway? Australia gets screwed over on digital game prices. Have a look at Lego Force Awakens. It's $20USD normally, and $35AUD on sale. Most games are $100AUD as a base price, which is more than $80USD, so you're really just much better off waiting for a sale in US currency than bothering switching regions to get our pathetic prices.

And, if you live in Australia, don't bother with digital purchases. Go to JB Hi-Fi or something and pick up games for $70 instead of the stupid $100 they want in the online store.

It's absolutely stupid how they discriminate and price gouge us, then have the effrontery to complain about "games being too expensive to develop".

/salt
  • ElyohElyoh1,098,031
    Posted on 25 January 18 at 07:05
    Pfft, don't mention New Zealand in the article then laugh
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • ReD S1XReD S1X1,521,316
    Posted on 25 January 18 at 08:53
    well dang, got no Aussie dollars. oh well.

kinda regret missed out buying Tekken Tag 2 when it was on sale a long time ago before knowing Tekken 7 wasn't that appealing.
    Say NO to overpriced DLC, Season Pass and definitely NO to microtransactions.
  • ukinsproukinspro1,445,695
    Posted on 25 January 18 at 16:44
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Thanks TA for restoring this sale.

FightingMegaFoo said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    GrislyDin said:
    Umm, no. They are 2 separate countries.
    The confusion is that there is a country called Australia, and there is a continent called Australia. New Zealand is a part of the continent Australia, but not the country Australia. Oceania and Australasia are two different geographic regions that both included New Zealand and Australia.

It’s like telling a Canadian they are part of America, as is a Mexican, if you are referring to the continent America and not the country USA.
    Nope, they would be part of North America and not America. Plus most Canadians know there are more than 2 Continents.
  • AlehldeanAlehldean313,644
    Posted on 25 January 18 at 21:33
    Don't care about the sale. I just wanted to read the comments. Was not disappointed.smile
  • ITS ALivExITS ALivEx454,047
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads