Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Fastest Game Completions in Xbox Game Pass

• FaSCoRPFaSCoRP492,574
    Posted on 26 January 18 at 16:18
    Garou it is NOT a Sega game. It is SNK.
  • TheBongoFuryTheBongoFury697,989
    Posted on 26 January 18 at 16:24
    Games like HUE and Mega Coin Squad are also very easy 1000g.
    Take some time but if you have the monthly Game Pass it is enough to rake in enough points.
    Oh. And WRC5 is also easy. Some achievements take time but you will get it.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,105,052
    Posted on 26 January 18 at 16:33, Edited on 26 January 18 at 16:34 by Shinnizle
    Elyoh said:
    dymagate said:
    The only one that worries me on the list is 'Brothers' I think, surely deserves more time spent on the experience rather than a quick completion style thang?
    It's a game on rails, you can't really miss anything.
    Indeed, but while I don't think that's what he meant, I'd argue it's very much worth it to complete the game and see the ending, which you unfortunately won't do if you just play for the achievements.

It's only about 30 to 45 minutes of gameplay (IIRC) after getting the last achievement too.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 26 January 18 at 16:47
    Th3FreakinRican said:
    Y do people play ANY games they can simply to boost gamer score? I’m a completionist so I like to complete games too but I only play games I actually like. Am I missing something? Wat do you get out of having a ridiculously high gamer score?
    People play games for different reasons. I don't chase bad games for gamerscore either but this is certainly the wrong outlet to knock such an approach. I don't play a lot of multiplayer. Other people think that's ridiculous. We all have our own taste. Nothing bad with that, right?
  • Posted on 26 January 18 at 17:09
    Relevant post given the Game Pass news. Appreciate it!
  • Fresh336669Fresh336669591,287
    Posted on 26 January 18 at 19:18
    Th3FreakinRican said:
    Y do people play ANY games they can simply to boost gamer score? I’m a completionist so I like to complete games too but I only play games I actually like. Am I missing something? Wat do you get out of having a ridiculously high gamer score?
    So lemme get this straight... You are gonna knock on people for boosting and yet your status says " Who wants to boost Killer Instinct?"... I'm confused.... Troll on....
  • adamrulzadamrulz405,251
    Posted on 26 January 18 at 23:48
    My favorite game on game pass right now, that is also an easy completion but it takes around 6-8 hours is “Hue” brilliant little game with a good story and the art style is great, along with the colors. Creative and original puzzles which some will take you a little time but overall a very fun, balanced, and clever game. Highly recommend it to any platformer/ puzzle fans.

#IDARB was actually a really fun and funny game to play online and the only hard or possibly unobtainable achievements require you to print out a few QR codes to scan in via Kinect.... if you don’t have Kinect, pretty sure you cannot complete.

Brothers was a really nice story and very cool with the way you control one brother per joystick. Do yourself a favor and play it, just have a guide handy as there are a fair bit of missables. Make sure and finish it as well... only around 20-45 mins of game after the last achievement pops. Glad they put the 1k version on here and not the 400 XBLA version!

Limbo- a pretty easy 900. Use a guide for the collectible eggs, but other than that it’s a nice 1-3 hours depending on your puzzle solving skills. Last achievement is finish the game in one sitting (can be done in 30-45 mins once you know it) with less than 5 deaths... playdead’s first Xbox release and man was it good. Again, nice that they put in the 1000gs version and not the XBLA fir 200!

Max and the Curse of Brotherhood. Takes around 4-6 hrs. The first game by Press Play that I played and it was great!! Wish a sequel was coming. Very cute story, great level designs, some parts are hard but not that bad. Voices were great, and the puzzles make you use your magic marker and the environment to move past obstacles.... very clever and a great brain work out lol. They should add Kalimbanfrom them as well.

The Bridge is fun as well but I still haven’t completed it. You can use a guide and should be able to complete in a few hours... maybe 3-6. Again, nice that it is the 1000gs version and not the XBLA for 400gs.

The Maw was a great XBLA game and can be done in maybe 3-4 hours. Cute game and the Maw reminds me of a different type of Audrey 2, from Little Shoo of horrors (my favorite musical lol)

The Seapper can be done in 4ish hours using a guide and it is fun to boot. Still need to go back and finish this but from what I did so far, it was pretty neat.

Toy Soldiers is a cool tower defense (I think) and good for 200gs IIR. And Viva Piñata is a lot of fun but can be very time consuming. Great game to play under the influence with bright colors, funny goals and just an overall cute theme. Something different and well done. Hope anyone gets some use out of my small mini suggestions. I’m signing up before Sea of Theives drops. Still have a 14 day trial to use up! Wanna do Zoo Tycoon UAE... this is really becoming a great deal, even better if I didn’t have all the games I just recommended. Happy hunting and great gaming!!

adamrulz
  • adamrulzadamrulz405,251
    Posted on 26 January 18 at 23:51
    Fresh336669 said:
    Th3FreakinRican said:
    So lemme get this straight... You are gonna knock on people for boosting and yet your status says " Who wants to boost Killer Instinct?"... I'm confused.... Troll on....
    He isn’t saying anything against boosting, he is asking why people waste their time boosting/playing games that aren’t good, or that you wouldn’t normally enjoy or even try out if it weren’t for the achievements. He is for boosting and getting GS, but only for games that he enjoys. I get it, but that’s one thing I love about achievements... I play games I never thought I would like and ended up loving them, I’ve met some really cool people boasting on this site and they get me a lot more out of the game than Inwoukd normally (exploring, collectibles, playing on harder modes etc)
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,652,650
    Posted on 27 January 18 at 00:32
    Th3FreakinRican said:
    In my case, I like playing such a wide range of games. Going from something like Fallout that I'd definitely play to something like Pharoanic that I'd never, ever play is nice. I love playing all these games.

But, see, even I don't get the need for high Gamerscore. Just shows different strokes for different folks.
  • Posted on 27 January 18 at 05:43
    another good one is Sherlock Holmes: a Devils Daughter. It's an easy 100% and a great game.
    I'm trash
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE424,423
    Posted on 27 January 18 at 07:50
    more articles like this please!!!
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,808,028
    Posted on 27 January 18 at 09:03, Edited on 27 January 18 at 09:04 by Zalexzy
    Garou is not easy. I have completed all mentioned games except Garou.
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • OldMateClownOldMateClown856,653
    Posted on 27 January 18 at 15:58
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. It's clear these are really valuable to our community. I'll be doing more like it all year. Let me know if there's any specific lists you would find valuable.
    I'd like to see a 'Deceptively Difficult' article that lists games with somewhat low ratios (around 1.5 or less maybe) that are much tougher than the ratio would have people believe. The same could be done the other way around, games with high ratios (2.5-3.0+) but are a lot easier than the ratio would have people believe.
  • Posted on 27 January 18 at 16:36, Edited on 27 January 18 at 16:39 by GremlinLord615
    I got excited when i saw this article. But then immediately disappointed by fighting games (which i'm terrible at) and games that require boosting sessions for online wins. And I'm not good at retro games. Though i did enjoy Brothers and The Swapper.
    GremlinLord615-Always willing if you're nice.
  • gothmogesgothmoges489,389
    Posted on 27 January 18 at 20:25
    Galaga Legions DX is also relatively fast and pretty easy completion.
  • iManuBAD iTiManuBAD iT140,107
    Posted on 28 January 18 at 11:19
    Could be interesting, ty for this article wink
    The life is hard, if you are tard is hardest!
  • Posted on 28 January 18 at 16:50
    With all the 200+ hour games I've been playing, this will be a nice change of pace to keep my sanity.
    Sometimes the only way to escape your problems is to drive away really, really fast.
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE424,423
    Posted on 28 January 18 at 20:30
    ClownTastic said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. It's clear these are really valuable to our community. I'll be doing more like it all year. Let me know if there's any specific lists you would find valuable.
    I'd like to see a 'Deceptively Difficult' article that lists games with somewhat low ratios (around 1.5 or less maybe) that are much tougher than the ratio would have people believe. The same could be done the other way around, games with high ratios (2.5-3.0+) but are a lot easier than the ratio would have people believe.
    I think this would be a great idea. Could be game pass games... but just games in general.

like mass Effect 1 and 2 have really low ratios, which is crazy because the games are LONG, relatively hard, and require multiple multiple playthroughs.
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • Posted on 30 January 18 at 04:24
    dymagate said:
    The only one that worries me on the list is 'Brothers' I think, surely deserves more time spent on the experience rather than a quick completion style thang?
    Brothers being on this list doesn't contradict it being a quick completion.
  • XpovosXpovos842,311
    Posted on 30 January 18 at 14:10
    You can easily savor everything Brothers has to offer, even playing through it twice because you didn't get "collectibles" your first time through and still be done in under five hours. It's a fine game, and I don't recommend to anyone that they rush their experiences, but there's no way to categorize Brothers as anything but a short game. It's obviously shorter if you use a guide, but that's true for every game. And people will enjoy them for whatever it is they value.
    Time not important; only life important.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.