Game Info Submission: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Board where Game Info Submissions are auto-posted. You cannot start threads in this board - please use the Game Info submission button under the Game Image on the Game Page

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

• Posted on 27 January 18 at 22:03Permalink
    b0seiju has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Achievements:

b0seiju said:
    Wolfenstein II: The New ColossusSidetrackedThe Sidetracked achievement in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus worth 182 pointsComplete all side missions

Could be buggy and or missable, current solution states a couple of options. And mine hasn't unlocked either.

Chances are that collection all of max Hass toys before starting that quest lets you miss this achievement. Really can't tell you i've thats a bug (person dissapears) or missable (should've started, didn't do that).

• Posted on 29 January 18 at 19:16Permalink
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Achievements:

Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Wolfenstein II: The New ColossusMein lebenThe Mein leben achievement in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus worth 731 pointsBeat the game on "Mein leben" difficulty

Shouldn't this have the stackable fag removed? There is no harder counterpart and this will not unlock when doing lower difficulties

Wolfenstein II: The New ColossusAll-Pro WarriorThe All-Pro Warrior achievement in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus worth 307 pointsBeat "The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe" on "Mein leben" difficulty

Shouldn't this have the stackable fag removed? There is no harder counterpart and this will not unlock when doing lower difficulties

• Posted on 29 January 18 at 20:51Permalink
    Hey there b0seiju! We've opted to put Buggy- on this one, as there's sufficient evidence that there's something wrong going on with it.

Hello also to you, Itzz Sh0wt1m3! Those achievements are, in fact, correctly flagged as is. We somewhat recently changed the Stackable definition to include the "top" of the stack, so as to more clearly demonstrate what things stack with and to aid in achievement filtering.

Thanks to you both for your submissions! toast
  • Posted on 30 January 18 at 06:22Permalink
    This post was archived by MichalKV
  • MichalKVMichalKV256,279
    Posted on 12 March 18 at 10:39Permalink
    Thank you for your submission Bastian Reader. We have decided not apply Missable flag at this time and keep the Buggy-. The fact that this situation is caused by bug in the game does not make it missable, as it is not an intentional situation. Without the bug you will get the quest in post game or chapter select therefore there would not be a requirement to start a new game.
  • Posted on 12 March 18 at 11:02Permalink
    This post was archived by ChinDocta
  • Posted on 19 March 18 at 14:03Permalink
    StrongFirst has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Achievements:

StrongFirst said:
    Wolfenstein II: The New ColossusAll-Pro WarriorThe All-Pro Warrior achievement in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus worth 307 pointsBeat "The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe" on "Mein leben" difficulty

In the DLCs you can select "Mein leben" difficulty from the start, no multiple playthrough required. (Also main storyline flag could be added for same reason.)

Wolfenstein II: The New ColossusUltimate SpyThe Ultimate Spy achievement in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus worth 256 pointsBeat "The Diaries of Agent Silent Death" on "Mein leben" difficulty

Same as "All-Pro Warrior" achievement

• x D00G xx D00G x743,754
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 15:39Permalink
    Hi StrongFirst, thanks for the submission. We have now updated the flags as suggested.

toast
  • Posted on 20 March 18 at 06:19Permalink
    This post was archived by MichalKV
  • Posted on 02 August 18 at 14:48Permalink
    Epsilon Theta has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Achievements:

Epsilon Theta said:
    Wolfenstein II: The New ColossusHard HeadedThe Hard Headed achievement in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus worth 143 pointsCollect 1000 helmets

- Collectible
    Helmets aren't unique and more of a power-up than a collectible.

Wolfenstein II: The New ColossusPlus PackageThe Plus Package achievement in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus worth 32 pointsUpgrade a Contraption

- Collectible
    Earned after completing a side-quest.

Wolfenstein II: The New ColossusRetroThe Retro achievement in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus worth 15 pointsPlay Wolfstone 3D

- Collectible
    You need to access one arcade machine in the main hub. This achievement stands in stark contrast to the other Collectible achievements in many other games, notably other Wolfenstein games.

• Posted on 02 August 18 at 14:50Permalink
    There seem to be quite a few more that are rather awkward and most likely flagged as Collectible because of some base requirement linked to Enigma machines. I would suggest removing those as well as, while tied together, this makes interpreting what you need to do in the game really confusing.
  • Mikhail KrauserMikhail Krauser1,430,078
    Posted on 08 September 18 at 20:14Permalink
    The collectible on upgrades are due to the unique nature of each upgrade needing to be gathered.

We changed the flag for Hard Headed as you are correct, not unique but culmulative.

We would flag the side quest as a collectible (unique character in place etc etc) as its a specific circumstance that needs to be access/interacted with. (Think of it like finding an NPC)

The last one retains collectible as that is a unique item that is required to be interacted with to use it and we use collectible for unique items, unique locations, and even at times unique interactions etc.

Thanks for the submissions, we have rechecked the list and everything seems tidied up! toast
    Im soo stealthy, I feel like my knife has a silencer...
  • Posted on 08 September 18 at 20:23Permalink
    I would suggest flagging most Main Storyline achievements of RPGs as Collectible as you most likely need to find a certain NPC to talk to. I, personally, find this circumstance hilarious!
    Posted on 08 September 18 at 20:28Permalink
    Those are required to progress in the game, side mission NPC's are not. If you have any questions let us know! :)
  • Posted on 09 September 18 at 06:07Permalink
    So you want me to flag any side-quest achievement that requires you first talk to an NPC as collectible? I am nearly sure you are jesting but I want to double check with you first!
    Posted on 09 September 18 at 07:01Permalink
    If it requires you to go out of your way to find an npc pr deliver unique goods yes
  • Posted on 09 September 18 at 07:29Permalink
    Could you please define "out of your way" in regard to RPGs? I feel like you are stretching the definition and original intent of the flag to suit a broader scheme which, in turn, diminishes the value the flag has to users as they can no longer really see if there are any collectibles in the traditional sense of the flag.
  • ChinDoctaChinDocta1,243,523
    Posted on 05 October 18 at 06:00Permalink
    For the most part it's going to be on a case-by-case basis. The flag's definition is broad, we're looking into tightening it up but as it is now we can only apply it in it's current state. There is subjectivity in what gets the flag because of the broad definition but anything questionable is discussed and a consensus is reached within the team before we move ahead.
    GI Flagging Manager
  • Posted on 05 October 18 at 06:20Permalink
    If the team reached a consensus on Retro in this game, you would need to flag other games as well where you can casually stroll up to an arcade machine and play it. See Prey as an example.

The original definition (or at least the team internal process) always required that there be multiple objects and that one-time collectible were an exception. It seems this is no longer the case. I would argue that this procedure be revised as it leads to a lot of the "broadness" you describe.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.