Series Discussion Forum

Forum to discuss and propose game series ideas

Sonic Series Consolidation?

AuthorMessage
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 29 January 18 at 17:44
I'm curious to know why there is a 'Sonic' series as well as a 'Sonic All-Star Racing' series. I would propose to remove the Racing series and add those games to the larger Sonic series.

Also, even though there are lots of others games in the collection, I'm curious why 'Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection' is not a part of the 'Sonic' series?
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 05 March 18 at 13:32
To follow up with this, I realized today that I didn't make very clear what the issue is.

I'm not miffed that there is a separate list for the racing games, but it's the fact that the racing games are not also counted in the overall Sonic series. A "Sonic Series" should include every game that Sonic is a main/featured character in I would think.
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 20 November 18 at 20:40, Edited on 20 November 18 at 20:42 by Lambent Lail
Bumping this again as I found an interesting thread in the archived Series board:

Sonic Series

The last post in that thread is this (emphasis added by me):
Shadow Kisuragi said:
As was mentioned, the Sonic Series is for all Sonic franchise titles, and there are not enough titles to warrant a new series for Sonic Free Riders titles (1 currently). As such, we will not be taking any action.
Note that Shadow Kisuragi states the same thing I said in my original post. I believe that the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Achievements and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Achievements for sure should be added to the Sonic Series

Also, I think I want to retract the idea of adding Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection Achievements to the series for the same reason that The Orange Box Achievements are not part of the Portal Series
TruthfulSkate8
Posted on 12 May 19 at 05:29
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Achievements
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Achievements
Team Sonic Racing Achievements

Needs to be added to the Sonic Series
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.