The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 30th, 2018

AuthorMessage
Smallville2106
Posted on 30 January 18 at 22:52
Zombie Army Trilogy and Technomancer for me as I ordered Technomancer on disc and it arrived damaged.
HolyHalfDead
460,634
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 30 January 18 at 23:14
Camello Delgado said:
HolyHalfDead said:
You can find the list here - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold but the sale hasn't started yet.
Thank you, I see Darkstalkers Resurrection on sale, hopefully it goes BC soon.
...and now they have removed the Xbox 360 sale from that list, so it doesn't look like there will be a 360 sale this week.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Inferno118
1,048,176
Inferno118
Posted on 30 January 18 at 23:19
HolyHalfDead said:
Camello Delgado said:
HolyHalfDead said:
You can find the list here - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold but the sale hasn't started yet.
Thank you, I see Darkstalkers Resurrection on sale, hopefully it goes BC soon.
...and now they have removed the Xbox 360 sale from that list, so it doesn't look like there will be a 360 sale this week.
They had the 3 new BC games on sale, id be surprised if they took them off the sale officially
FullNietzsche
118,811
FullNietzsche
Posted on 31 January 18 at 07:49
Inferno118 said:
HolyHalfDead said:
Camello Delgado said:
HolyHalfDead said:
You can find the list here - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold but the sale hasn't started yet.
Thank you, I see Darkstalkers Resurrection on sale, hopefully it goes BC soon.
...and now they have removed the Xbox 360 sale from that list, so it doesn't look like there will be a 360 sale this week.
They had the 3 new BC games on sale, id be surprised if they took them off the sale officially
They aren't discounted at the moment at least.

It's odd this week, it would be nice if they made more effort considering this isn't some small company we're talking about.
R3f1CuL
756,438
R3f1CuL
Posted on 31 January 18 at 08:12
i guess they are just officially abandoning the 360 altogether :/ shame, EVERY game and dlc on 360 should just be permanently on sale now IMO ... better to make 25% of something than the 100% of nothing im sure they are making now :( just smart business you would think
that guy
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 31 January 18 at 12:01
R3f1CuL said:
i guess they are just officially abandoning the 360 altogether :/ shame, EVERY game and dlc on 360 should just be permanently on sale now IMO ... better to make 25% of something than the 100% of nothing im sure they are making now :( just smart business you would think
You forget that business man don't know jack about how the actual market works, as they think 10 year old content is still worth selling for the original price roll *cough*COD*cough*
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
Tatl360
200,251
Tatl360
Posted on 31 January 18 at 14:28
R3f1CuL said:
i guess they are just officially abandoning the 360 altogether :/ shame, EVERY game and dlc on 360 should just be permanently on sale now IMO ... better to make 25% of something than the 100% of nothing im sure they are making now :( just smart business you would think
I can't say for sure, but I believe MS needs to be somehow "aligned" with the publisher to put games on a sale.

As the Xbox 360 sales sometimes appear in time and sometimes delay, I guess it can be mostly the publishers failing to do it in time. It's more likely IMO.
(Considering the poor support and excuses for Forza and Gears for example)

I'll try to open a complain in support every week it delays. So they at least have some numbers in there. angry

It's painful to see this happening. I'm not sure if I'll keep the Xbox passion if the Xbox 360 suddenly fails to connect. How can this be costly to allow the console to connect if it uses the same connection of the Xbox One. If the Games for Windows Live Client still connects, there's no excuse to ever block the Xbox 360. But this is completely offtopic sorry.
Allgorhythm
256,529
Allgorhythm
Posted on 31 January 18 at 14:38
Tatl360 said:
It's painful to see this happening. I'm not sure if I'll keep the Xbox passion if the Xbox 360 suddenly fails to connect. How can this be costly to allow the console to connect if it uses the same connection of the Xbox One. If the Games for Windows Live Client still connects, there's no excuse to ever block the Xbox 360. But this is completely offtopic sorry.
The X1 uses different infrastructure from the 360 so it would be possible for the X1 to connect but not the 360. However, the X1 uses the 360 infrastructure for the backwards compatible games. Microsoft has devoted considerable time, energy, and money to the backwards compatible program. So, it is highly unlikely that Microsoft would discontinue 360 support.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 31 January 18 at 14:58, Edited on 31 January 18 at 14:58 by
FuzzedUpCookie said:
TheNickOfTime said:
Good to see Fallout 4 GOTY is slowly going down in price. Another year or two and I'll grab it.
In all it's sales it has been this exact price (that includes big sales like black friday/xmas etc) laughroll
Just shows that most of those sales weren't worth my time to look over laugh
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
Munsonated
183,398
Munsonated
Posted on 31 January 18 at 15:22
HolyHalfDead said:
Camello Delgado said:
HolyHalfDead said:
You can find the list here - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold but the sale hasn't started yet.
Thank you, I see Darkstalkers Resurrection on sale, hopefully it goes BC soon.
...and now they have removed the Xbox 360 sale from that list, so it doesn't look like there will be a 360 sale this week.
That's disappointing.
Tatl360
200,251
Tatl360
Posted on 31 January 18 at 15:34
Allgorhythm said:
The X1 uses different infrastructure from the 360 so it would be possible for the X1 to connect but not the 360. However, the X1 uses the 360 infrastructure for the backwards compatible games. Microsoft has devoted considerable time, energy, and money to the backwards compatible program. So, it is highly unlikely that Microsoft would discontinue 360 support.
Oh ok. Thank you.
Yes the backwards compatibility is a blessing for us achievement hunters.
Yuppienalle
73,881
Yuppienalle
Posted on 31 January 18 at 16:35, Edited on 31 January 18 at 17:00 by Yuppienalle
I'm able to install Ninja Storm 4 without having purchased it. Is it free to play during the sale? I see no info anywhere about it.

Edit: I'm stupid. Found the info now about it being free until the 4th. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/anime-month
ShokuPanMike
150,830
ShokuPanMike
Posted on 31 January 18 at 17:23
I bought the Forza Horizon 3 expansion pass while on sale about 4 weeks ago just to get the Hot Wheels dlc. After deciding to plump for that (after much discussion) I was hoping the sale of that dlc individually would take a bit longer to arrive. Ah well, completed it now and can say it is worth the money at the current sale price.
Less work, more play!
HolyHalfDead
460,634
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 31 January 18 at 18:15
Allgorhythm said:
Tatl360 said:
It's painful to see this happening. I'm not sure if I'll keep the Xbox passion if the Xbox 360 suddenly fails to connect. How can this be costly to allow the console to connect if it uses the same connection of the Xbox One. If the Games for Windows Live Client still connects, there's no excuse to ever block the Xbox 360. But this is completely offtopic sorry.
The X1 uses different infrastructure from the 360 so it would be possible for the X1 to connect but not the 360. However, the X1 uses the 360 infrastructure for the backwards compatible games. Microsoft has devoted considerable time, energy, and money to the backwards compatible program. So, it is highly unlikely that Microsoft would discontinue 360 support.
I wonder how many people said that about Halo 2 backward compatibility, and the DLC that became unplayable when they couldn't connect. I'm not saying the Xbox 360 will go the way of the Xbox as quickly, but that day will come. https://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/05/the-last-man-to-play-halo-...
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Ahayzo
529,766
Ahayzo
Posted on 31 January 18 at 22:08
HolyHalfDead said:
Allgorhythm said:
Tatl360 said:
It's painful to see this happening. I'm not sure if I'll keep the Xbox passion if the Xbox 360 suddenly fails to connect. How can this be costly to allow the console to connect if it uses the same connection of the Xbox One. If the Games for Windows Live Client still connects, there's no excuse to ever block the Xbox 360. But this is completely offtopic sorry.
The X1 uses different infrastructure from the 360 so it would be possible for the X1 to connect but not the 360. However, the X1 uses the 360 infrastructure for the backwards compatible games. Microsoft has devoted considerable time, energy, and money to the backwards compatible program. So, it is highly unlikely that Microsoft would discontinue 360 support.
I wonder how many people said that about Halo 2 backward compatibility, and the DLC that became unplayable when they couldn't connect. I'm not saying the Xbox 360 will go the way of the Xbox as quickly, but that day will come. https://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/05/the-last-man-to-play-halo-...
Yea. Backwards compatibility will definitely extend the lifespan of the 360 infrastructure, but we don't know how long. That said, it's already clesr they care much more about 360 BC than they ever did about OG Xbox during the last gen, so I wouldn't necessarily base my expectations on that.
#mentallypudding
OMG IT5 EJ
717,936
OMG IT5 EJ
Posted on 01 February 18 at 00:00
Guessing no 360 sales this week
matdan
677,108
matdan
Posted on 01 February 18 at 01:27
Can't find any of these 360 sales, heard that the recent batch of BC titles were on sale however I don't see them anywhere,
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
KenH2k4
483,435
KenH2k4
Posted on 01 February 18 at 02:07
matdan said:
Can't find any of these 360 sales, heard that the recent batch of BC titles were on sale however I don't see them anywhere,
They had them listed on the Xbox sale page but never dropped the price. Now they've updated the page and took them off. Split/Second should also be free by now, so I don't know what's going on.
HolyHalfDead
460,634
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 February 18 at 03:58
KenH2k4 said:
matdan said:
Can't find any of these 360 sales, heard that the recent batch of BC titles were on sale however I don't see them anywhere,
They had them listed on the Xbox sale page but never dropped the price. Now they've updated the page and took them off. Split/Second should also be free by now, so I don't know what's going on.
The 360 store staff have transitioned into the XB1 team, except for one person who has to keep the lights on and they are obviously on leave this week.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
SneezeSomeMilk
Posted on 01 February 18 at 09:50
HolyHalfDead said:
The 360 store staff have transitioned into the XB1 team, except for one person who has to keep the lights on and they are obviously on leave this week.
Wow. True story or speculation?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.