Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Anthem Delayed to 2019, New Battlefield This Year

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 31 January 18 at 17:08
More sports titles too. Surprise!

Please click here to read the story: Anthem Delayed to 2019, New Battlefield This Year
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 31 January 18 at 17:12
If you listen to EA though, they say it isn't a "delay". Guess definitions of delays have changed recently.
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 31 January 18 at 17:20
The Battlefront II thing has made me very skeptical of anything EA / DICE related now. Fingers crossed they don't ruin the new Battlefield with the same kind of bs.
JBlovesTHBK
935,374 935,374 GamerScore
JBlovesTHBK
Posted on 31 January 18 at 17:34
I will never understand the whole complaining about Microtransactions. If you don’t like them don’t buy them, they’re there so the company can make money to support the game after release. This is how they’re able to release free content throughout the year. Now if they can be bought to cause disadvantages, that’s one thing, but people will complain about them even when they’re purely cosmetic. Get over it.
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 31 January 18 at 17:49
JBlovesTHBK said:
I will never understand the whole complaining about Microtransactions. If you don’t like them don’t buy them, they’re there so the company can make money to support the game after release. This is how they’re able to release free content throughout the year. Now if they can be bought to cause disadvantages, that’s one thing, but people will complain about them even when they’re purely cosmetic. Get over it.
Carving content out that was traditionally part of the main game. Playing mind games to get people to gamble on getting the one skin they want. Cosmetics do matter to people. It's why we always hear about graphics being important and character customization. Just look at how many people who loved the new Monster Hunter character creator. Characters are our form of expression in games.
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 31 January 18 at 17:54
I'm disappointed I won't get to play the game until next year. But I have faith in Bioware. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.
NerdrageX
NerdrageX
Posted on 31 January 18 at 17:57
Good! I'm excited for Anthem and I want them to get it right. Couple that with my new years resolution to not spend a single cent on anything EA-related in 2018, this works perfectly for me laugh
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 31 January 18 at 17:59, Edited on 31 January 18 at 18:00 by Redanian
JBlovesTHBK said:
I will never understand the whole complaining about Microtransactions.
Correct. Enjoy those Gears 4 loot boxes dance
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 31 January 18 at 18:03
Happy this is delayed. More time for red dead.
keoskey
keoskey
Posted on 31 January 18 at 18:11
BATTLEFIELD 2143
[url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
HUstlinonradio
Posted on 31 January 18 at 18:37
How is Battlefield 1 in terms of achievements?

Is it anywhere near the grind like BF4 (those dlc assignments :/)
I'm Awkward With Potential: Boss Major
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 31 January 18 at 18:38, Edited on 31 January 18 at 18:38 by HawkeyeBarry20
I would think all games and not just Anthem will look at loot boxes after the backlash Battlefront 2 received. No matter, as long as it’s not canceled I’m fine with the delay.
LordMakanaki
LordMakanaki
Posted on 31 January 18 at 18:40
F*** free content. 99% of the time is sh!t anyway. I'd rather have a season pass then have the whole game ruined by micro transaction promoting mechanics.
gmurda33
gmurda33
Posted on 31 January 18 at 18:51
HUstlinonradio said:

yes
Z Squared91
Z Squared91
Posted on 31 January 18 at 18:57
HUstlinonradio said:

The single player achievements are fine in Battlefield 1. The typical difficulty and collectibles achievements are included. The multiplayer ones are okay as well. A few get grindy, as they require you to do specific things while playing to unlock guns. So you may need to play in a way that isn't comfortable. Most people on this site seem to complain about them, but I personally enjoy the challenge and it feels great when the cheevos finally pop.

Example of a grindy achievement is below. A similar achievement is included with each DLC.

Battlefield 1Filled the StockpileThe Filled the Stockpile achievement in Battlefield 1 worth 400 pointsPerform a kill with all "In the Name of the Tsar" weapon variants
AeriBouS
AeriBouS
Posted on 31 January 18 at 19:42
Billargh said:
The Battlefront II thing has made me very skeptical of anything EA / DICE related now. Fingers crossed they don't ruin the new Battlefield with the same kind of bs.
Really? You never played it and that's a shame because it's a great game. EA overstepped with loot crates and got bit during early preview. They took out the micro transactions before the game officially released. I'm with you that pay2win is unacceptable but you need to be skeptical with all gaming companies since all of them have micro transactions now and they're all guilty of this.
I wrote here once on accident and this is what I wrote to never see the original post again.
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 31 January 18 at 20:09
AeriBouS said:
Billargh said:
Really? You never played it and that's a shame because it's a great game. EA overstepped with loot crates and got bit during early preview. They took out the micro transactions before the game officially released. I'm with you that pay2win is unacceptable but you need to be skeptical with all gaming companies since all of them have micro transactions now and they're all guilty of this.
Over all its still a small percentage of games that have Microtransactions (on PC/console at least, mobile is a different story). There are a lot of great and in my opinion better games that don't have MTs. There is no need to support games like BF2 when you have so many more options to play better games.
Its not only the MTs that make current AAA rather meh, its also a general soullessness and genericness that is inherent in current AAA games. Then there is a lot of SJW-politics shoehorned into a lot of them. Sure they mostly have solid core gameplay mechanics but are overall very milk-toast experiences appealing to a lowest common denominator.

To the people saying: If you don't like MTs don't buy them:
Game design is altered to drive you to buy MTs. I mean in Battlefront 2 it was flat out pay to win, but even if its XP boosts or "pay to skip/unlock" progression is altered to accomodate for that. Grinds are longer and rewards are smaller then they would be if purely designed for the most fun experience.
DucKy BaBy
DucKy BaBy
Posted on 31 January 18 at 20:16
Gears 4 loot boxes kill me. They haven't had enough criticism for that.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 31 January 18 at 20:30
Well everyone well to the future. This is why I said (didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out) that when everyone said games would be $80-90 USD in the future. I said they would never change just be $60 have season passes and in game purchases. Just look at phone games. This is the new norm. Don’t play into it. The color of your gun means nothing. Etc etc.
TXsportsGamer83
Posted on 31 January 18 at 21:08
Please let the next BF game be BC3
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.