Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Anthem Delayed to 2019, New Battlefield This Year

AuthorMessage
a Fi1thy Casual
Posted on 31 January 18 at 21:26
The claim:
EA believes that the title deserves its own launch window, away from the traditional Battlefield window, so that it can garner the attention it deserves.
Most likely the truth:
EA realized that their consumers do not want games riddled with MTX's and pay-to-win schema's, and thus had to have BioWare redesign their game as to not make the same mistake with Dice and Battlefront II.
Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
IGutlessIWonder
Posted on 31 January 18 at 21:29
Just do the game right before u release it. I hope RDR2 keeps it's release window.
The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
Killipo
Killipo
Posted on 31 January 18 at 21:54
Z Squared91 said:
HUstlinonradio said:
How is Battlefield 1 in terms of achievements?

Is it anywhere near the grind like BF4 (those dlc assignments :/)
The single player achievements are fine in Battlefield 1. The typical difficulty and collectibles achievements are included. The multiplayer ones are okay as well. A few get grindy, as they require you to do specific things while playing to unlock guns. So you may need to play in a way that isn't comfortable. Most people on this site seem to complain about them, but I personally enjoy the challenge and it feels great when the cheevos finally pop.

Example of a grindy achievement is below. A similar achievement is included with each DLC.

Battlefield 1Filled the StockpileThe Filled the Stockpile achievement in Battlefield 1 worth 383 pointsPerform a kill with all "In the Name of the Tsar" weapon variants
I'm with you on enjoying the challenge. The only parts I don't like are the few (maybe three total) guns that require you to do basically achievement-worthy things to unlock. The rest of the requirements play out basically as "use this gun instead of what you would have picked, play as normal and get some kills with it."

It's a fantastic game. Pretty immersive, especially with headphones. Easily my favorite historical video game. Those multiplayer achievements just feel like destinations along the road I would have traveled anyway.
iTz CRUSHER
iTz CRUSHER
Posted on 31 January 18 at 22:44
If it is battlefield bad company 3 it's an instant buy.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 31 January 18 at 22:58
Hope MS buys EA. Please be real please.
Cause
Cause
Posted on 31 January 18 at 23:16
‘Of course’, to both parts of the title facepalm
Grammar Nazi. I do it for the posts.
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 31 January 18 at 23:49, Edited on 31 January 18 at 23:50 by MugenKairo
Anthem needed time to create a P2W system lol

But I genuinely hope Anthem is great, I only feel for BioWare as they are a great developer and think they chose poorly when selling to EA. Mass Effect Andromeda was rushed and I’m hoping they are pushing back Anthem to avoid a repeat.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
billbillbill
billbillbill
Posted on 01 February 18 at 00:20
Fair enough for the Anthem delay. More dev. time and polishing'll only help, and it's good they're actively avoiding another 'Titanfall II' situation.
Still stoked to see a little more at E3.

As for the rest: Classic EA. Must be hard negotiating that much money with a publicly traded publisher, but everything seems to be going broadly in the right direction, especially with a few riskier good-will indie-titles coming out before the big AAA push.
TinSigmund666
TinSigmund666
Posted on 01 February 18 at 00:37
JBlovesTHBK said:
I will never understand the whole complaining about Microtransactions.
A. Micro transactions allow you to pay to win. Which takes out all of the essential fun you can have at a game to make extra money. "Do cn_Ycn_Xcn_Bcn_Bcn_downcn_left and you do that thing!"
No! Let's pay 4 bucks so you get 5 easy fatalities with one button! :D

B. Forcing people to pay so, taking Battlefront II, get Darth Vader earlier than idiotic grinding is ridiculous. Member a time where I paid X euro/dollar/pounds and I got most of it, or waited for an expansion pack and bought that one? Because I member! And it never, ever forced me to buy anything. At all!
Lambstein
Lambstein
Posted on 01 February 18 at 01:38
Super bummed. Really wanted to play Anthem. Will never touch another battlefield. Completing those BF4 DLC achievememnts are the exact opposite of fun, imo.
I am content, but one more achievement couldn't hurt.
zxgrey
zxgrey
Posted on 01 February 18 at 03:49
Fuck EA games no interest on supporting or buying it used anymore battlefield l mass effect titanfall I got them used & will b last thing I will geft from them I'm done fuck anthem fuck bioware fuck those supporting there practices & fuck EA in general
ZX
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 01 February 18 at 07:02, Edited on 01 February 18 at 07:09 by BegFourMercy
I have a bad feeling about Anthem. It will be micro transaction/loot box heavy. I will bet money on it. The newer games need to get rid of loot boxes for progression. Gears 4 is really bad about it in Horde. The games are note really about skill. Its about getting lucky.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 01 February 18 at 08:59
I truly hope Anthem fails spectacularly, and leads to EA pulling the trigger on the gun they've had to BioWare's head for years. As a long time fan, it's disgusting to see what they've become, and I'd rather they just die peacefully before their legacy is tarnished beyond salvation. They'll never make another BGII, I've known that for years, but seeing them make unoriginal, faceless, market-tested garbage like what was shown in the E3 demo for Anthem just sickens me.
What can change the nature of a man?
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 01 February 18 at 10:02
So, EA have been making games for 36 years and Andrew Wilson described the title (SWBFII) as "a learning opportunity". You'd have thought after all that time they would know what gamers would want in their games.

Nope, it's clearly about the suits.
Evil Kenivl
Evil Kenivl
Posted on 01 February 18 at 10:26
Maybe because...

Acquisition rumors
Some of the names being thrown around as possible acquisitions by Microsoft are, frankly, astounding, even unthinkable. But the fact that they are doing the rounds is instructive. The most recent one we heard (from a reliable source close to Microsoft) was, in fact, Electronic Arts. We also heard a whisper about Valve and about Korean outfit PUBG Corp., which Microsoft last year signed to a timed exclusive for its hit survival shooter, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
“Because of where we are in the lifecycle of all these things, I’m expecting to hear Microsoft announce something very, very shortly,”

Maybe something very BIG is about to happen... Will see...
Gaming since 1990!
Saikred
Saikred
Posted on 01 February 18 at 11:16
Anthem has the potential to be amazing.
I'd rather wait and see them get it right, than have them release it too soon.
stebeer85
stebeer85
Posted on 01 February 18 at 11:24
Anthem = Xbox Timed Exclusive Or EXCLUSIVE??? 😵
UBERSICKO
UBERSICKO
Posted on 01 February 18 at 12:23
Z Squared91 said:
HUstlinonradio said:
How is Battlefield 1 in terms of achievements?

Is it anywhere near the grind like BF4 (those dlc assignments :/)
The single player achievements are fine in Battlefield 1. The typical difficulty and collectibles achievements are included. The multiplayer ones are okay as well. A few get grindy, as they require you to do specific things while playing to unlock guns. So you may need to play in a way that isn't comfortable. Most people on this site seem to complain about them, but I personally enjoy the challenge and it feels great when the cheevos finally pop.

Example of a grindy achievement is below. A similar achievement is included with each DLC.

Battlefield 1Filled the StockpileThe Filled the Stockpile achievement in Battlefield 1 worth 383 pointsPerform a kill with all "In the Name of the Tsar" weapon variants
if you can find someone with everything unlocked you are golden, that's what I did for a friend of mine, I have no problems killing myself to help others get the achievements.
I was so looking forward to Anthem It was the only game really.
[url=https://www.play-asia.com/23/?affiliate_id=213978] [img]https://www.play-asia.com/32/74l[/img][/url] For all your importing gaming needs.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 01 February 18 at 12:33
I was really interested in Anthem, shame that it got delayed!
$ICK$IDE
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 01 February 18 at 13:20
I’m more excited for battlefield than anthem anyways.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.