TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Ryse: Son of Rome Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 31 January 18 at 23:59
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about Ryse: Son of Rome, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
TarasqueAC
TarasqueAC
Posted on 01 February 18 at 08:10
I've got this Game with my first X1 Console, but only finished the campaign once. Hopefully, this month will get me into collecting all the vistas, chronicles and scrolls. And get in touch with the multiplayer a bit more than just the 2-3 matches i played until now....
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 01 February 18 at 10:01, Edited on 01 February 18 at 10:04 by SilentJay76
Played through this one on the easiest difficulty last year. Enjoyed it enough to buy the season pass (for some bonus Gamerscore) and play through it a second time on 'Soldier' difficulty - which I ended up enjoying a lot less. Not because it was too hard or anything - it just gets quite repetitive, and the story obviously doesn't change. Reminded me why I very, very rarely play through a game more than once.

TL;DR: Worth one playthrough for a solid story, great voice acting and nice graphics, and then it's time to move on.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 01 February 18 at 11:05
I also got it a while ago but only played a bit of the first level to get a Head-2-Head achievement. I liked what I saw though.
Two can play this game.
LitaOsiris
LitaOsiris
Posted on 01 February 18 at 11:05
What's the multiplayer like in this game? I see there's a rank 200 achievement so how grindy is this?
RayvenMorrigana
RayvenMorrigana
Posted on 01 February 18 at 11:14
Everything is this game is so...... Shiny and varnished looking! Shiny floor, shiny catapult, shiny men, shiny women, shiny world!
I said hey, listen to me, stay sane inside insanity. <3
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 01 February 18 at 11:19
When in rome... smile
Two can play this game.
Sera Di Siah
Sera Di Siah
Posted on 01 February 18 at 13:27
RayvenMorrigana said:
Everything is this game is so...... Shiny and varnished looking! Shiny floor, shiny catapult, shiny men, shiny women, shiny world!
SHINY! Always reminds me of some random Gears 1 video with RAAM from like 10 years ago... I've never been able to find that video again nor anyone knows it. Still 'Shiny' always reminds me of that. Going so off-topic here... anyway back when I got my X1 I had to chose between Witcher 3 and Ryse, I picked the Witcher and have never played Ryse so far. Luckily it was free with Gold so I'll start it this time around. :)
'Eyes up, Guardian'
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 01 February 18 at 13:28
LitaOsiris said:
What's the multiplayer like in this game? I see there's a rank 200 achievement so how grindy is this?
Yeah, it’s a bit grindy. If you have the DLC or can join someone who has it and play on survivor mode that will help a bunch. I did see a solo glitch but bc of the awful loading times it’s still a grind. The combat gets very repetitive and IMO that helps it become extra grindy. We’re not talking Gears of War grindy but it will take some time.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 01 February 18 at 14:22
LitaOsiris said:
Like 5-10 hours maybe if you have the DLC. There’s one map that is very easy with very high XP gain.
SneezeSomeMilk
Posted on 01 February 18 at 15:13
RayvenMorrigana said:
Reminds me of Perfect Dark Zero for the old 360. Which was also a launch title just like Ryse for the One. And in PDZ they also had an extremey high shiny-filter. Probably just to show what the hardware is able to do. But it looked kinda silly.
Johnny Broflex
Posted on 01 February 18 at 15:55
I haven't really touched this game for a couple years. So excited to jump back into this. Only got part of the way through the campaign but its been so long I'm gonna have to relearn how to play this.
Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 01 February 18 at 16:22
Because I have the base game from GwG, does the "Legendary Edition" contain any DLC I can't otherwise get from the season pass?
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 February 18 at 16:36
RayvenMorrigana said:
Too many games have dark palettes. It may not be realistic but it's nice to have some brighter, shinier palettes. laugh
JeDiMlnDTrlcks
Posted on 01 February 18 at 16:38
For a launch game, it was very impressive. I can only imagine how it would look and perform if it got a xbox one x enhancement.
GhostMaker mk3
Posted on 01 February 18 at 16:41
I can see the season pass but I can't buy it. Is it not available as a stand alone purchase?
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 01 February 18 at 16:43
JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
For a launch game, it was very impressive. I can only imagine how it would look and perform if it got a xbox one x enhancement.
It's strange that they haven't. When they announced the One X enhancements Ryse was the first game that came to my mind.
See You Space Cowboy...
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 01 February 18 at 17:34
Dresden N7 said:
Because I have the base game from GwG, does the "Legendary Edition" contain any DLC I can't otherwise get from the season pass?
Not achievement-wise, at least. The season pass will get you all 3 achievement-related DLC's.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Brasshande
Brasshande
Posted on 01 February 18 at 18:01
I might finally start this now it's on the TA Playlist, i've had it kicking around for long enough
D'yuz gan at death speed?
G3n Carth
G3n Carth
Posted on 01 February 18 at 18:25
I'm really excited to dive back into this game. Definitely one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, even if it's the same three barbarians that are beautiful.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.