TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

TA Playlist for February 2018 is Live with Ryse: Son of Rome

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 February 18 at 03:05
Seen my bro playing this when it first came out, he quickly concluded that it was a boring QTE that basically told you what to press as you play.
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 02 February 18 at 04:41
To be registered as a player of this as part of the playlist do I have to sign up or do I just start playing the game?

Not taken part in one yet. Cheers.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 02 February 18 at 04:58
FiveWizz said:
To be registered as a player of this as part of the playlist do I have to sign up or do I just start playing the game?

Earn an achievement, submit a game clip to the Playlist Hub, or post in these very forums. You’ve done it! laugh come back and chat about the game if you’d like.
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 02 February 18 at 05:45
Still need to grind out the multiplayer. I would tend to agree with the 60/100 rating.
Definitely style over substance in this game
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 02 February 18 at 07:30
just unlocked 10 achvs in single player! Thanks for giving me a reason to play this again.

i started playing for UHH and did NOT like it.

So I just started over a new game today and really am liking it!
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 02 February 18 at 12:35
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
FiveWizz said:

Earn an achievement, submit a game clip to the Playlist Hub, or post in these very forums. You’ve done it! laugh come back and chat about the game if you’d like.
Brilliant! Thanks. Thought I'd installed it but I hadn't so will jump on it tonight. Looking forward to it.
JBS 80
JBS 80
Posted on 02 February 18 at 17:05
o DEEVIUS o said:
Seen my bro playing this when it first came out, he quickly concluded that it was a boring QTE that basically told you what to press as you play.
It does seem that way at first, during the first "tutorial" level, but as stronger enemies and larger groups of them are introduced as the game goes on the combat gets more enjoyable. I enjoyed the story, and the multiplayer is fun, but the MP level achievements seem very grindy.
Htowns D Brown
Posted on 02 February 18 at 18:54
Yes everyone please add me for some awesome mp for Ryse. It is Htowns D Brown.
Stealth David
Stealth David
Posted on 02 February 18 at 19:56
Wish this would get a remastered so i can play again
Follow me on Twitter for giveaways @StealthDavid
ShadyShall
ShadyShall
Posted on 02 February 18 at 20:11
I started yesterday. already have more than a third of the achievements. it's hilarious that the entire SP campaign (twice, no less) can be done in about 3 or 4 days (for me, that is)... but the MP stuff will take the rest of the month. zoinks.

look me up if you are looking for a partner this month. i am on most nights after 9 or 10 eastern.
[url=http://www.trueachievements.com/ShadyShall.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/ShadyShall.png[/img][/url]
o Heres Jonny o
Posted on 02 February 18 at 23:35, Edited on 02 February 18 at 23:36 by o Heres Jonny o
I have only done one of these playlists before (Turing test) I unlocked a couple of achievements on Ryse today. Do I need to do anything else to have it register? Still not sure how this works!

Played this game on release and again tonight, it looks great considering how long it's been out, really enjoying playing it again.
Happy Gaming
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 03 February 18 at 14:40
o Heres Jonny o said:
I have only done one of these playlists before (Turing test) I unlocked a couple of achievements on Ryse today. Do I need to do anything else to have it register? Still not sure how this works!
From a few posts above yours:

N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
FiveWizz said:

@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
o Heres Jonny o
Posted on 03 February 18 at 15:36
ChewieOnIce said:
o Heres Jonny o said:
From a few posts above yours:

N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
FiveWizz said:

Thank you Sir. Note to self read all comments.
Happy Gaming
ShadyShall
ShadyShall
Posted on 04 February 18 at 20:53, Edited on 04 February 18 at 21:01 by ShadyShall
So... I finished the single-player achievements. Here are thoughts:

My main style of games are FPS and Lego. Recently, I decided to try a few things outside of my comfort zone, mainly by taking advantage of GwG titles. One of the genres I opened up to is Hack ‘n’ Slash. Force Unleashed (I and II) and Darksiders are the ones I had tried before Ryse. They were both fun and engaging enough to make me try another. I did download Ryse when it was free and even bought the season pass on sale too, figuring I’d eventually get to it. But I was kind of holding back on starting this because of two things: the 200 rank grind (I am a completionist) and the buggy achievements. When it became a TA playlist, I decided to go ahead and start. I immediately liked the game and was pulled in by the story and fun gameplay. The graphics are fantastic. Really impressive (especially for a title that is now over 4 years old). I finished the story in basically 2 play sessions. Then I started Legendary and HOLY CRAP I was not ready for that. I made it to the end of level 2 on the steps at the final assault with Leonidas and was just STUCK. I couldn’t get past more than 5 or 6 guys without being demolished. I immediately started thinking I bit off more than I could chew with the game… but then I did some reading, watched some videos, and realized I was playing completely wrong for the Legendary setting. It is very true you need to adjust your style of play you probably developed in “soldier” difficulty. I made some tweaks, took it slow, and played defensively when attacked by groups, and immediately did better. I did a marathon run and breezed through the rest of the levels in a single sitting… adjusting the play style was not only the key, but kind of what made me appreciate the game more. Many games are just “harder” on higher difficulties, but on Ryse, if you were playing a lower difficulty and became accustomed to playing a certain way (in my case, very offensively), chances are you had to change that to survive (in my case, play mostly defense). It was a great experience. I am pretty thrilled this was the playlist for this month – a great excuse to start it. Now, it’s on to the MP grind. My biggest problem is that I simply cannot hold high combos. It’s going to be slow for me but I am determined to finish this by the end of the month. Hit me up if you are on at night looking for a co-op partner.
[url=http://www.trueachievements.com/ShadyShall.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/ShadyShall.png[/img][/url]
BadMotor
BadMotor
Posted on 04 February 18 at 22:10
I started yesterday and played for 5 minutes - I can't say I like the game (mainly the controls) very much.

But I'll give it another go tonight I guess, hopefully I can muster the enthusiasm to finish the story-line through the month.
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 04 February 18 at 22:59
Nice review of your experience shady. Good to know especially ahead of my inevitable second playthrough.

I'm halfway through the campaign and for some reason I cannot shake the shadow of mordor muscle memory even though that was about 10+ games ago for me. I'm constantly going for those controls which is a bit frustrating and it's proving a tough time even on soldier lol. Saying that I have only died once when I didn't know how to take out the archers with spears.

You've also gotta be careful not to wander too close to trigger points when getting the collectibles as it'll move you on and you'll need to restart the level like I did for the opening chapter.

Having a really fun time though. Wondering if I should focus on multiplayer now while there's you lot playing it.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 05 February 18 at 00:02
FiveWizz said:
You've also gotta be careful not to wander too close to trigger points when getting the collectibles as it'll move you on and you'll need to restart the level like I did for the opening chapter.
This has happened to me twice now. The second time I figured I could delete my local save really quickly and then reload the game so it pulled down the cloud save. Meant I only lost a small amount of level progress rather than having to restart.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
ShadyShall
ShadyShall
Posted on 05 February 18 at 22:34
^^^ That sucks but i am glad you found a quick workaround. I was incredibly cautious with the collectibles, knowing they are buggy. I took my sweet ass time in that first playthrough. When i picked up each of the final collectibles, i held my breath for them to pop... and they did.

I am going to make sessions all week. All month even. I usually won't make them till the day of or maybe a day in advance. They’ll all be at 10pm ET. I’ll put the 200-rank in there to trigger an email if you have this on your boost list, along with a few others i need... until all I have left is the 200... But even if an achievement is not listed, if you join, we can go for whatever. It’s a long way to the 200, so anything that’ll get me some XP, I am down with it…

Join up if you see a session and have the time.
ArDPalang
ArDPalang
Posted on 06 February 18 at 04:29
Good game so far. As others have already mentioned the graphics are very good for a 4 year old game. I hope I can survive legendary laugh
I Mountbatten I
Posted on 07 February 18 at 21:04
This is my 1st playlist so if anyone wants to add me feel free. Had a couple of rounds in MP today. Based on the XP gained, MP will be a long old drag.
No signature
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.