Game Discussion: Monster Hunter: World Forum

Giant/Mini Crowns and the achievements involved are abusive.

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 05 February 18 at 01:01
We need to find a place to get together to make Capcom change these plainly abusive achievements. Microsoft vowed to not let these things happen yet they do, and they both need to be held accountable. 1,000 hours with no clear way to get the results you desire is BS. These achievements need to be removed, reworked, or made to be farmable in a reasonable matter. As it stands the chances of finishing this game within 1,000 hours (which is beyond unnaceptable) are the same as winning a jackpot on scratch tickets.

I like this game. You like this game. Don't let them walk over the achievement hunting community with this. It isn't fair to those who want to keep their games at 100%. Achievements that stop being tests of skill and start being randomized slot machines with hundreds if not thousands of hours involved go against the spirit of achievements. We're supposed to be doing hard stuff, maybe a bit of grinding. Turning a game into your life? Taking you away from all other games if you want to finish it for the next half year? God forbid they add more monsters which then add to the list making it never ending. There must be some place where we can go to point out how poorly designed these achievements are. It's anti gamer. Achievements shouldn't hold achievement hunters hostage for having the audacity to want to play more than one game a year.
AWoodenLeg
AWoodenLeg
Posted on 05 February 18 at 01:25
I have gotten 2 large crowns so far but damn are they random as fuck, not to mention when hunting a monster I don't notice it is larger or smaller then normal.
SquiSquiSquidio
Posted on 05 February 18 at 01:55
apparently those large crowns need to be Gold crowns to count for the achievement.
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 05 February 18 at 02:07
The achievements are bullshit to be sure. Because of the random variables. But I doubt they'll be changed honestly. There are plenty of achievements that take an unreasonable amount of time investment to unlock. I'd love to see a concrete solution on how to unlock these from the devs. Or maybe make a mercy rule where if you don't get them by the time you kill 100 of each monster, the game just gives it to you. My reasoning there is because at that point, you've earned it in my opinion. The number of kills could be higher or lower than that btw. I was just using it as an example of a way I'd like to see it adjusted.

But I plan to complete this game. So I'll invest the time until I don't see it as being worth it anymore. That's all anyone can do. At the end of the day, don't let achievement hunting ruin your enjoyment of games. I've let it happen to me plenty of times. So much so that I would lose the will or desire to even play games for an extended amount of time. That's no way to live honestly. Just enjoy the game. And if you can get the completion, great. If you don't want to waste the time, then let yourself stop. You'll be a happier person in the end. toast
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 05 February 18 at 02:07
How are you being "held hostage"? Don't play the game if you don't like the achievements.
BaronVoNewman
BaronVoNewman
Posted on 05 February 18 at 02:30
Who cares if it takes time to get them? Not like your at 99.99% completion for it to actually matter. Sum this up as another post as someone being mad at a virtual point system that has no meaning
Bvn
Bu5hranger
Posted on 05 February 18 at 03:33, Edited on 05 February 18 at 03:34 by Bu5hranger
I've played this game for over 100 hours.

Only got 1 gold crown.

Since you need to get both the miniature crown and large crown for every large monster that is possible, that means there are roughly 60 crowns to be collected for the 30 large monsters.

At this rate, it would take 5,900 hours to get the remaining crowns.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 05 February 18 at 13:00
Well, at least you only have to get crowns for "almost" every monster, right? headspin
What can change the nature of a man?
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 05 February 18 at 13:57
Awoo said:
Well, at least you only have to get crowns for "almost" every monster, right? headspin
That's only because Zhora Magdaros and Xenojira are event bosses. lol So they can't be grinded easily.
Astariah
Astariah
Posted on 05 February 18 at 14:02
Holy crap that sounds like a huge grind
Senzankou In EZ
Posted on 06 February 18 at 10:54, Edited on 06 February 18 at 11:04 by Senzankou In EZ
These crowns have been in the series for a long time and people were prepared to grind for them to complete their guild card.

It's there for completionists, if you don't want to do it then don't do it. You can always spend your money on games with easier completions.

Simple isn't it?

Capcom will also host events that feature large and small monsters where you can get your crowns, they always have in the past.

New events are up every week ... Suppose that's no use to people like the OP who want to complete everything in mere hours.
ThaDevilzHand
ThaDevilzHand
Posted on 06 February 18 at 12:05, Edited on 06 February 18 at 12:06 by ThaDevilzHand
SquiSquiSquidio said:
apparently those large crowns need to be Gold crowns to count for the achievement.
I can't say for certain since I obviously don't have all the crowns, but when I got my first giant crown it gave me the achievement for getting one and the crown wasn't gold. I'd assume the others would work the same way 'cause the descriptions don't really say anything different other than the amount of monsters you need.
ThaDevilzHand
Blaizicus
Blaizicus
Posted on 06 February 18 at 16:40
Yeah, these Gold Crowns have been a long-stand with this series, I don't mind the grind so much, I mean these games are designed around hunting the same monsters time and time again. What WOULD be nice is if there was maybe a research type investigation (which is still rare as heck too keep it interesting) Where you can find Bigger/Smaller trackers too try identify "Abnormal" sized monsters, but hey, I knew this would be a grind coming into it, and aslong as they still do the events and you keep your eyes open, It won't stand you many overall hours :)
Bu5hranger
Posted on 06 February 18 at 22:09
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u...

If you read the japanese translated version of the trophy list, it says " I put a gold crown on almost all monsters recorded in the hunting record" It was just mis-translated for the english version.

So you do definitely need gold crowns, the achievements for getting your first miniature and first giant crown are able to be earned by silver crowns though.

Since there was no reason to look up the translated japanese version of the trophy list (not achievement list) BEFORE we started the game, it feels like I got mislead.

I did not know that Capcom hosted events in the past for large and small creatures in previous games, this is my first experience with the monster hunter games. I don't know everything about the whole franchise history man, cmon. haha.

Even so, when will these events start? What makes you certain that they will add them just because previous games had them?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 08 February 18 at 04:38
Disagreeing with me is an admission of stupidity. Don't care about achievements? Kid. Child. Stupid one. Look at your browser, look at the name of the site, think real hard what you just said.

Completionists being scared off from playing their favorite series because developers put in USELESS achievements that don't actually have requirements. Nothing about a gold crown says you did anything. It's purely random if you get one or not and the visuals of monsters are not different in this game. Not by much anyways, not like they used to be. Previously in the series monsters would be enormous or LITERALLY half your size, depending on crown.

Again. The requirements are rigged. Getting a crown doesn't mean anything and it can't be obtained any other way than doing the same thing over and over. Hundreds of times. The biggest hunt achievement is for 500 monsters. You'd be lucky to get 2 crowns at that point seeing as how I have 1 mini crown (which are all gold regardless) and ZERO large crowns that are gold, only silver. Developers know full well people complete their games, making this is a plan to keep them playing things they have for a fact done already.

I pray someone adds a "conplete campaign start to finish 500 times" achievement to a game. Maybe then it would clue in for you idiots that would rather have a developer abuse us rather than making fun and emgaging achievements that test our skill. We have two achievements for killing the hardest monsters in the game, a process that can take 12 and a half hours at a minimum if you have a half way decent build. 2 achievements. TWO. You have over 1500 hours worth of achievements for hunting the lowest level monsters in the game, something the game doesn't even require you to do after the 20 hour point. Use. Your. Heads. Pretending we couldn't have a better list is stupid and you're stupid for thinking so. It also goes against the spirit of the game. Hunting monsters, get gear, fight harder monsters, get better gear. Now you can avoid the end game completely for 95% of this games completion time.

Imagine that. None of you thought this through. You don't care about achievements, clearly. Why bother speaking? If what I want happens it changes nothing for you. You've just opened your mouth to be an edgy little crap with nothing productive to say. Microsoft made a better achievements system for the sole purpose of them being editable. Why not use it?

But maybe you're right. Maybe it's more fun having achievements be accessible to few hundred people at best.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 08 February 18 at 04:41
Bu5hranger said:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u...

If you read the japanese translated version of the trophy list, it says " I put a gold crown on almost all monsters recorded in the hunting record" It was just mis-translated for the english version.

So you do definitely need gold crowns, the achievements for getting your first miniature and first giant crown are able to be earned by silver crowns though.

Since there was no reason to look up the translated japanese version of the trophy list (not achievement list) BEFORE we started the game, it feels like I got mislead.

I did not know that Capcom hosted events in the past for large and small creatures in previous games, this is my first experience with the monster hunter games. I don't know everything about the whole franchise history man, cmon. haha.

Even so, when will these events start? What makes you certain that they will add them just because previous games had them?
We'll need over 40 events. Events that don't happen that often. God forbid the ones you do grind in the meantime aren't the ones that do get events. That would really cheapen the experience further. Again. I am the authority on this subject and the detractors have no common sense. Gold crowns are no joke. These are some of the worst achievements EVER made.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 08 February 18 at 04:43
Kimura Tetsuya said:
Disagreeing with me is an admission of stupidity.
Stopped reading there. You just want to whine instead of actually discussing the achievements and their difficulty with others. Have fun with that wave
xXProphet56Xx
Posted on 08 February 18 at 11:52
I hate RNG based achievements...I spent 366 hours to complete 100% Halo TMM so can't imagine spending +1000 hours on a single game. For the sake of Trophies/Achievements hunters It'd be really nice if Capcom slightly changes the requirements (for example any miniature/giant crown counts and not only gold) but honestly even if they don't I'm going to play the game anyway because it's really a nice genre. By the way keep in mind that Capcom every now and then releases some events where you can hunt the smallest or largest version of a certain monster, at least this what a friend of mine told me (he's a veteran with more than 2k hours on 3ds releases). If this is true then I doubt it'll actually take +1000 hours to get all achievements.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 08 February 18 at 16:21, Edited on 08 February 18 at 16:46 by CRUM LEE
Kimura Tetsuya said:
Disagreeing with me is an admission of stupidity. Don't care about achievements? Kid. Child. Stupid one. Look at your browser, look at the name of the site, think real hard what you just said.
Yeah, I care about achievements, but I don't write long complaint posts whining about how "abusive" a set of achievements are. In the end, it literally doesn't matter at all. Your score really only matters to you, so stressing over something like this is just a waste of time and energy.

Completionists being scared off from playing their favorite series because developers put in USELESS achievements that don't actually have requirements.
No developer or other person feels bad for you because you decide not to play a game based on whether or not you can complete it. No one has to cater to what you deem an acceptable achievement list.

I pray someone adds a "conplete campaign start to finish 500 times" achievement to a game. Maybe then it would clue in for you idiots that would rather have a developer abuse us rather than making fun and emgaging achievements that test our skill.
That would be totally fine by me, because I just wouldn't do it and move on with my life. There's already plenty of achievements on my card that I don't care to try for because it isn't worth the time investment to me.

Safe to say you're the childish one. And did you make an alt account just so you could post this then flame anyone who didn't agree? Cool, man! laugh
BaronVoNewman
BaronVoNewman
Posted on 08 February 18 at 21:24
CRUM LEE said:
Kimura Tetsuya said:
Yeah, I care about achievements, but I don't write long complaint posts whining about how "abusive" a set of achievements are. In the end, it literally doesn't matter at all. Your score really only matters to you, so stressing over something like this is just a waste of time and energy.

Completionists being scared off from playing their favorite series because developers put in USELESS achievements that don't actually have requirements.
No developer or other person feels bad for you because you decide not to play a game based on whether or not you can complete it. No one has to cater to what you deem an acceptable achievement list.

I pray someone adds a "conplete campaign start to finish 500 times" achievement to a game. Maybe then it would clue in for you idiots that would rather have a developer abuse us rather than making fun and emgaging achievements that test our skill.
That would be totally fine by me, because I just wouldn't do it and move on with my life. There's already plenty of achievements on my card that I don't care to try for because it isn't worth the time investment to me.

Safe to say you're the childish one. And did you make an alt account just so you could post this then flame anyone who didn't agree? Cool, man! laugh
clap
Bvn
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into http://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.