The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: February 6th, 2018

AuthorMessage
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 06 February 18 at 07:58
FightingMegaFoo said:
For a moment there, I thought it was Assassin's Creed Cactus.
I’d buy that day 1 for sure
BigTymer2047
BigTymer2047
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:11
Mystic Typh00n said:
Valley for $4 seems like a good deal
It bored me to death but a fairly simple completion.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:12
Valley is an absolute steal at that price.
What can change the nature of a man?
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:17
was think about getting the rest of the artifix games but since the money grabbing scum increase the price they can go to hell not buying anymore of there games until they take there head from up there ass and put the prices back to normal.

To think they was the only game developer that making games for gamers now they join the rest of the scum in the industry
Goggs25
The Manic Moose
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:18
Does the Assassin Creed Black Flag Season Pass include both DLC packs? I can see it includes the one but can't work out if it includes the black beard character one?
Christian Gamers - Join the bandwagon.
CheshireMulisha
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:42
The Manic Moose said:
Does the Assassin Creed Black Flag Season Pass include both DLC packs? I can see it includes the one but can't work out if it includes the black beard character one?
Yes it does
Bridge188
Bridge188
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:47
StoreParser says on Friday 2nd Feb all artifex mundi games went up 50% in price, so they can put them on "sale" now? laugh no money for you
x Tyian x
x Tyian x
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:49
Surge DLC yes please
MetalGearMark
MetalGearMark
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:54
Goggs25 said:
I won't be buying any more artificial games now fingers cross the scumbags goes bankrupt this bunch not money grabbing scum
That was almost a sentence.

While the price increase is disappointing, it hardly makes the developers 'scum'. I think wishing for the studio's demise is a little harsh.

On their website, Artifex Mundi has released statements explaining the increase and while I personally think the increase (here in the UK it's approx 60%) is a little high, I'll simply choose not to buy, but in the grand scheme of things is it really a reason to wish the developers and their families hardship?
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:55
Throni360 said:
What a "sale" .. all the Artifex Mundi games went up from 9,99€ to 14,99€. Do NOT buy them! Even the older bundle got a HUGE price increase compared to past sales!
GtechApocalypse
Posted on 06 February 18 at 08:59
Might pick up that bundle seems like a good deal.
Gtech
Seven Clip
Seven Clip
Posted on 06 February 18 at 09:01
I was hoping the season pass sale for Wildlands would provide a bit higher of a discount than $2.
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 06 February 18 at 09:09
MetalGearMark said:
in the grand scheme of things is it really a reason to wish the developers and their families hardship?
Yes. They increase the price but we don't get anything out of it. It's a scummy thing to do. Especially with their color palette swap games that are almost always 95% identical. They can spit them out weekly and make money through the sheer amount of available games. 10€ was the maximum price that was ok for these games. 7€ on sale was good for a quick 1k.
CheshireMulisha
Posted on 06 February 18 at 09:45
I've got no problem with AM increasing the price of new games to cover their dev costs. But raising the prices across their entire back catalog is taking the piss a bit! (They've also increased the prices on PSN & Steam)
MetalGearMark
MetalGearMark
Posted on 06 February 18 at 09:59
Throni360 said:
Yes. They increase the price but we don't get anything out of it. It's a scummy thing to do. Especially with their color palette swap games that are almost always 95% identical. They can spit them out weekly and make money through the sheer amount of available games. 10€ was the maximum price that was ok for these games. 7€ on sale was good for a quick 1k.
Again, you're not wrong about the increase being a disappointing move but I don't believe that we'd all really feel vindicated if, overnight, the studio went bankrupt, everyone lost their jobs, their homes and their children starved.

I've always felt that businesses like these would benefit from lower overall prices instead of almost constantly having their products discounted in sales. I also don't understand why the increase is retroactive and not simply applied to new releases moving forward, so vote with your wallet and simply don't buy their games.

We need to remember though, that not everyone buys these games 'for a quick 1k' and that many players will get days or weeks of time out of these games.
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 06 February 18 at 10:16
Goggs25 said:
I won't be buying any more artificial games now fingers cross the scumbags goes bankrupt this bunch not money grabbing scum
was think about getting the rest of the artifix games but since the money grabbing scum increase the price they can go to hell not buying anymore of there games until they take there head from up there ass and put the prices back to normal.

To think they was the only game developer that making games for gamers now they join the rest of the scum in the industry
One day I'll design a keyboard which slaps the user in the face before posting something like this.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 06 February 18 at 10:30
MetalGearMark said:
Goggs25 said:
That was almost a sentence.

While the price increase is disappointing, it hardly makes the developers 'scum'. I think wishing for the studio's demise is a little harsh.

On their website, Artifex Mundi has released statements explaining the increase and while I personally think the increase (here in the UK it's approx 60%) is a little high, I'll simply choose not to buy, but in the grand scheme of things is it really a reason to wish the developers and their families hardship?
I remember the gaming industry that made games for gamer's now we have a industry that only cares about money and think up new ways to steal money from us and they don't give a dam about the gamer's or make good games at all so why should I support scum like.

You say it's wrong wishing a developers and there family hardship yet the gaming industry haven't no problem doing it to us by increasing there price and charging £50 for a game then adding LOOTBOXES and microtransactions on top.

Unless things charge there won't be a gaming industry in 20 years time because the scumbags working in the industry nose would have destroyed it by putting out crap games and over charging us for it
Goggs25
SonOfStayPuft82
Posted on 06 February 18 at 10:38, Edited on 06 February 18 at 10:40 by SonOfStayPuft82
The Valley of the Yetis is £11.99 on the Xbox Website & App whereas the Far Cry 4 Season Pass is £7.92. Is anyone else getting this?

It looks like it’s The Season Pass on Sale & not the Story DLC guys as advertised above.
Astariah
Astariah
Posted on 06 February 18 at 10:38
Just a warning that dragon ball xenoverse 2 season pass doesn't include extra pack 1 and 2 that u need to get some of the dlc achievments
Tuschi
Tuschi
Posted on 06 February 18 at 10:47
Wow! Disable ads is on sale! What a steal.
Also it seems that they want some people to pay for AC: India before it becomes free.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.