The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: February 6th, 2018

AuthorMessage
mrbellek
mrbellek
Posted on 06 February 18 at 11:15
Click here to see this sale on the main sales pages, including completion times and filters:

Xbox Sales for Today
MetalGearMark
MetalGearMark
Posted on 06 February 18 at 11:30
Goggs25 said:
I remember the gaming industry that made games for gamer's now we have a industry that only cares about money and think up new ways to steal money from us and they don't give a dam about the gamer's or make good games at all so why should I support scum like.

You say it's wrong wishing a developers and there family hardship yet the gaming industry haven't no problem doing it to us by increasing there price and charging £50 for a game then adding LOOTBOXES and microtransactions on top.

Unless things charge there won't be a gaming industry in 20 years time because the scumbags working in the industry nose would have destroyed it by putting out crap games and over charging us for it
Wait... are Artifex Mundi are charging £50 a game and adding loot-boxes? Also, steal from you?

Content being developed alongside the main game and being held back for inclusion in a season pass along with a handful of skins at almost the same price is bad. Lootboxes, unless entirely cosmetic, are bad. I don't think you're wrong, but it's a different argument.

The last few CoD titles, Destiny, Battlefront 2, Middle-earth: SoW, NFS: Payback? I simply didn't buy them. I'm not gonna sit at my keyboard, ignore all those red squiggly lines and wish the developers pain and suffering while thinking I'm the better person for it.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 06 February 18 at 12:13
MetalGearMark said:
Goggs25 said:
I won't be buying any more artificial games now fingers cross the scumbags goes bankrupt this bunch not money grabbing scum
That was almost a sentence.

While the price increase is disappointing, it hardly makes the developers 'scum'. I think wishing for the studio's demise is a little harsh.

On their website, Artifex Mundi has released statements explaining the increase and while I personally think the increase (here in the UK it's approx 60%) is a little high, I'll simply choose not to buy, but in the grand scheme of things is it really a reason to wish the developers and their families hardship?
So what's the reason for the increase?
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 06 February 18 at 12:28
MetalGearMark said:
we'd all really feel vindicated if, overnight, the studio went bankrupt, everyone lost their jobs, their homes and their children starved.
I couldn't care less. We all got huge backlogs. Studios close all the time and the people work elsewhere. I don't think that AM pays a better wage than the other studios out there. And we're talking about poland. They get everything paid from the EU anyways. No child is going to starve just because of less game sales.

And the games don't have weeks of fun and entertainment in them. They also got 0 replay value. You are done once you know how to progress the story. The target audience are adventure game fans and achievement whores. They could pump out all of their released games and make good money from it.
MetalGearMark
MetalGearMark
Posted on 06 February 18 at 12:32
EarthboundX said:
Expansion. According to the statements on their website, they’re now a team of 140+ over multiple platforms with a schedule to release a title every 3wks.

I’ve never been one for quantity over quality, and don’t necessarily agree with raising prices of their back catalogue and not just future releases, but it is what it is.

I picked up most of their XB releases in previous sales (more than likely adding to their decision to increase prices) and enjoy spending time playing them with my daughter while she finds the hidden objects. Perhaps the prices will be rolled back slightly before we work through our backlog. Time will tell.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 06 February 18 at 12:34, Edited on 06 February 18 at 12:38 by EarthboundX
MetalGearMark said:
EarthboundX said:
Expansion. According to the statements on their website, they’re now a team of 140+ over multiple platforms with a schedule to release a title every 3wks.

I’ve never been one for quantity over quality, and don’t necessarily agree with raising prices of their back catalogue and not just future releases, but it is what it is.

I picked up most of their XB releases in previous sales (more than likely adding to their decision to increase prices) and enjoy spending time playing them with my daughter while she finds the hidden objects. Perhaps the prices will be rolled back slightly before we work through our backlog. Time will tell.
That does not seem like a good reason to raise prices. Especially since they are gonna be making a new game every 3 weeks? What? I've not played any of these games(Though I did buy a couple when they were I think 80% off late last year), but are they really the quality of a game that was made in 3 weeks?

A game made in 3 weeks should not cost 15 bucks imo. Nevermind that raising your prices, then having them go "on sale" just feels flat out insulting.
MetalGearMark
MetalGearMark
Posted on 06 February 18 at 12:36
Throni360 said:
MetalGearMark said:
we'd all really feel vindicated if, overnight, the studio went bankrupt, everyone lost their jobs, their homes and their children starved.
I couldn't care less.
That really says more about you than it does about them.
MetalGearMark
MetalGearMark
Posted on 06 February 18 at 12:48
EarthboundX said:
That does not seem like a good reason to raise prices. Especially since they are gonna be making a new game every 3 weeks? What? I've not played any of these games(Though I did buy a couple when they were I think 80% off late last year), but are they really the quality of a game that was made in 3 weeks?

A game made in 3 weeks should not cost 15 bucks imo. Nevermind that raising your prices, then having them go "on sale" is just flat out insulting.
A valid point. I’m not defending them.
However, I don’t think it’s a case of 140 people churning out a 3-Weekly conveyor belt of games rather than many smaller teams working seperatly for longer periods and staggering the releases.

€15 for a game thrown together in 3 weeks maybe insulting, but so is €60-70 every 12 months for FIFA/MADDEN/NBA, when the majority of the time, for all that changes, a simple €10-20 roster update would suffice.

I’m merely suggesting people vote with their wallets instead of resorting to hate filled fury and vitriol.
BrutusSkorpus
Posted on 06 February 18 at 12:59
Far Cry 4: Valley of the Yeti is the season pass that's on sale.

DLC alone is not on sale
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 06 February 18 at 13:09, Edited on 07 February 18 at 15:40 by halohogg
Be careful of the MS $math.

FC4 + Primal Bundle = $40
but individually
FC4 ($12) + FC Primal ($15) = $27
even better
FC4 ($12) + Season Pass (Incl FC Yetis)($10) + FC Primal Apex ($16.50) = $38.50
TearsOfAClown9
Posted on 06 February 18 at 14:11
mrbellek said:
Click here to see this sale on the main sales pages, including completion times and filters:

Xbox Sales for Today
Thanks man! smile
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 06 February 18 at 14:41
I'd be interested in Bad Blood for Watch_Dogs, other than that nothing jumps out like a bargain for me personally. Good thing the sales for the One keep up with the diversity.

P.S. An increase of a game's price is a decision of few individuals at the "top of the ladder". Not every employee deserves to be called names and their family members even more so.
"He who controls the memes, controls the universe." - Unknown
Jonker
Jonker
Posted on 06 February 18 at 14:43
While I can understand a small price bump for the AM games, here in Mexico they went up 3x the price which I find really unacceptable... warning
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 06 February 18 at 15:10
Eurydace said:
Yup. Artifex Mundi games got a price increase and now they're on "sale" for what they were selling for last week laugh
Another deceptive 'sale'. laugh
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 06 February 18 at 15:39
EarthboundX said:
are they really the quality of a game that was made in 3 weeks?
They are simple palette swaps. They got the structure that they can use in every game and just have to change the dialogue and artwork.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 06 February 18 at 16:42
Tuschi said:
Wow! Disable ads is on sale! What a steal.
Only for 30 days, let's not go crazy!

Seriously I can't even find what this is to disable ads for..
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 06 February 18 at 17:17
It's for Asian Drama.
All advertisements in Asian Drama will be removed for 30 days allowing the video player to cover the entire screen when in full screen mode.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
redjarman
redjarman
Posted on 06 February 18 at 17:18
aw hell yeah I've been waiting for Remove ads for 30 days for so long
Epsilon Factor
Posted on 06 February 18 at 17:31
LethalBizzzzzle said:
Is Valley any good?
Valley was awesome. I enjoyed it so much I 100%ed it. Recommend if you like exploration and finding collectibles.
Epsilon Factor
Posted on 06 February 18 at 17:33
"Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones" should be listed as "Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass". The Hidden Ones costs $9.99.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.