Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Price Increase for All Artifex Mundi Games

• EurydaceEurydace601,485
  • AngloSaxtonAngloSaxton442,641
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 18:46
    At least they've made the decision to not purchase much easier.
    Up the Villa!
  • King of FoolKing of Fool1,597,602
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 18:47
    it's now 20$ CAD... too expensives now for a point and click game...
  • Posted on 06 February 18 at 18:47
    In Canada it went from $10 to $20
  • Posted on 06 February 18 at 18:51
    The good thing out of this they will continue to add the PC releases onto consoles.
    Gaming 4 Life
  • Posted on 06 February 18 at 18:52
    No wonder I saw the games looked more expensive for yesterday's sale.
  • Bridge188Bridge188964,285
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 18:56, Edited on 06 February 18 at 18:56 by Bridge188
    Surely they're at the point where telltale is - engine built, just churn out artwork but re-using the same engine each time. So effectively, once they've built the next generation engine with our money, they'll continue to do the same thing - except it'll be nearly all profit at that point?
  • Posted on 06 February 18 at 18:59
    What a rip-off. At least make the new games more expensive and leave the old ones alone. What kind of developer actually makes their old games MORE expensive.
  • Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:01
    Wasn't really my cup of tea anywhy since I don't really buy easy quicky completions. This just makes it even less likely I'd buy them XD
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,171,087
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:04
    Brazil took the biggest hit... from $5 to $21... I always bought them on sales. Pretty games but never felt a 3 hour point and click was worth $10. $15 even less so. Now $7,50 on a 50% sale? They better bring some 75% sales for me to buy them, way too many other games on the market to spend money on. smile
    'Eyes up, Guardian'
  • PurdsPurds1,191,108
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:04
    They were already to expensive for me at $10 canadian, now they are $20. Unfortunately they just sealed the deal on me not buying another one of their games.
  • TuKraZeTuKraZe1,394,434
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:05
    DarkeyedGriever said:
    What a rip-off. At least make the new games more expensive and leave the old ones alone. What kind of developer actually makes their old games MORE expensive.
    Exactly what I was thinking. The games that are currently available have been released as a final product therefor meaning that the costs for staff and other expenses going forward does not have anything to do with these titles - Sounds like a whole load of bullshit to me and clearly somebody didn't think their statement through.
    Want a custom Gamerpic or Logo? Hit me up for further details.
  • Terrene FireTerrene Fire293,965
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:11
    TuKraZe said:
    DarkeyedGriever said:
    Exactly what I was thinking. The games that are currently available have been released as a final product therefor meaning that the costs for staff and other expenses going forward does not have anything to do with these titles - Sounds like a whole load of bullshit to me and clearly somebody didn't think their statement through.
    I bet they thought they could do it and not get noticed, then being in the sale made people realise and they hd to knock out a quick “reason”
  • Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:11
    It's a shame, I really enjoy these games when I want to play something easy to unwind. I was so looking forward to getting the older games I was missing when I got a notification about these sales yesterday, but then I saw the price hike. Not a real 'sale.'

I can maybe understand it for new titles going forward, but retroactively up selling their older titles leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So disappointed about this.
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,367,232
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:16, Edited on 06 February 18 at 19:20 by MC PHILABUSTA
    Development costs ??? You mean porting costs right ? ... Lol im def not paying anything under ten for these games unless it's 50%off ...bad move! Also there's no justifying raising the price of games already released .. very very poor.
  • Stealth DavidStealth David2,769,174
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:19
    Did you guys know that to much salt is bad and can kill? shock
    Follow me on Twitter for giveaways @StealthDavid
  • GavInxsGavInxs1,089,220
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:19
    Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Less and less people will be buying the 'more and more adventure games' they churn out facepalm
  • Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:22
    Hope they bo bankrupt!
    Magic
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:27
    Games should get cheaper over time not more expensive.
    The sooner these guys go under the better it will be for the consumer.
    I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
  • BlostBlost682,361
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 19:32
    Lol i saw the sale prices and thought it was a mistake. Then i just laughed. I stopped buying them when they would go on sale for 7$, because i still have two or three i haven't had time to start yet, but that was definitely closer to what they're worth. I'm not paying 15$ for them now. What a joke.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.