Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Price Increase for All Artifex Mundi Games

• FigbenderFigbender731,786
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 20:21, Edited on 07 February 18 at 20:23 by Figbender
    Sorry Forrestal but those numbers you are talking about there are all over the place depending on regions.

I had considered buying some of the games at their original prices, but I definitely will not be purchasing them at the new prices. I wont spend $20 for a couple hours of gameplay when so many other (even higher quality) games can offer more time spent with the game for less money. If it was just newer titles that had a higher pricetag I might understand it, fundraising prices on games that have been out for a fairly long period of time already, with all the development and marketing already done long ago, just screams greedy.
  • Throni360Throni3601,790,131
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 20:36
    Forrestal said:
    Price increased from 14.99 to 23.99 thats 62% more than previously and only to be on par with PS4 where we cant select some tier that we can on Xbox. So in reality you dont see 100% increase in price.
    Stop lying! Even the xbox.com page says that the 23,99€ js a sale and 29,99€ is the regular price (https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/store/p/artifex-mundi-fantas...). The 100% price increase is real!
    Or is xbox.com misleading too with their "save 6€"? You can't sugarcoat it with your wrong math. Don't blame storeparse for your greed. 3 game bundles says 45€ sale price for 60€ regular price. Is it an endless sale without an end date? That's even scummier than raising the price in the first place. A sale will lure people into buying it thinking they save some money. And reality is that they pay double, if not even triple the amount that it cost two weeks ago.
  • Posted on 07 February 18 at 21:04, Edited on 07 February 18 at 21:05 by dropK1CK ninJA
    Hello all,

A representative of Artifex Mundi has been kind enough to pop in with an explanation and has taken the time to answer some questions.

I will be going back through this thread and perhaps editing or removing some responses to their posts that are just downright unproductive. Please remember that we have a "don't be a jerk"
    forum rule. It will be heavily enforced from this point forward. If your post disappears, this is why. If you are confused as to why, please don't hesitate to PM me.

You can express your disappointment about their decision and provide their any negative or positive feedback you wish, but remember to keep it civil. If you are unable to do that you may be taking a vacation from the forum.

Thanks.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 February 18 at 21:05, Edited on 07 February 18 at 21:06 by
    personally i think that at anytime a game is raised in price and it's not a vintage hard to find collectible........it is inexcusable. a game is not a precious resource that is rationed and can stifle your ability to live, like fuel, water, and food.
  • Posted on 07 February 18 at 21:30
    Throni360 said:
    Forrestal said:
    Price increased from 14.99 to 23.99 thats 62% more than previously and only to be on par with PS4 where we cant select some tier that we can on Xbox. So in reality you dont see 100% increase in price.
    Stop lying! Even the xbox.com page says that the 23,99€ js a sale and 29,99€ is the regular price (https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/store/p/artifex-mundi-fantas...). The 100% price increase is real!
    Or is xbox.com misleading too with their "save 6€"? You can't sugarcoat it with your wrong math. Don't blame storeparse for your greed. 3 game bundles says 45€ sale price for 60€ regular price. Is it an endless sale without an end date? That's even scummier than raising the price in the first place. A sale will lure people into buying it thinking they save some money. And reality is that they pay double, if not even triple the amount that it cost two weeks ago.
    All the math being done here has been with US Dollar to Polish Złoty exchange. Keep that in mind.

I highly recommend dialing back how you respond to these points. Getting combative will not solve anything. The developers are open on the price point discussion and it has always revolved around the US Dollar. Not the Euro.

The price could also be in error. If you trying to point that out, it is getting lost in your outrage. When someone asked about exchange rates and pricing discrepencies, this is the answer they got:
    4. As I said we've changed some regional pricing to reflect local price point I need to re-check if others games sold for US15 are sold for CAD15 or CAD20, but we will definitely make some change in coming weeks.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN349,133
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 21:34, Edited on 07 February 18 at 21:46 by FOKENWOLFEN
    Gosh, So much hate flowing around in here Sheev Palpatine would be proud and happy.

While price increases have occurred before it is not normal to see them increasing on previous digital releases, if they are not being modified to run on a different OS or console, by the same or another company, even if that is the case the normal to see is the price to stay and or drop, in some cases there is a rise, but like I said at least those were ported not for already released and running on same OS/Console. The odd increase in bundles is the only, well ODD thing really. Id like to hear more from them.

Edit: Like someone said, They had few names in the credits, if the name count rises on future new game releases then it is justified, lets just hope those are real people not like the people that were in favor of removing net neutrality laughdance

Also why there isn't anyone passing the football.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58477,711
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 21:42
    Well I guess you can count me out of any further purchases of your games with that underhanded move and the BS justification presented by Forrestal. I've added you guys to the list with Harmonix as a company I can no longer support. Shame as the games were OK for what they are, I only bought the one bundle to play with the old lady as she loves those hidden object games. But I thought you were priced a little too high before for what was offered, and now that you've decided to raise the prices of OLD games along with your new offerings you've made my list.

Bad precedent, bad business move, and laughable justification - this will surely hurt your business in the long run. I would have likely bought some more games (either in a bundle or at sale price) once me and my lady finished the ones we have, but now you guys can forget that. I hope you pass this information along to those who made this asinine decision so that maybe they might come to their senses and you guys might save face by correcting this boneheaded move. If not, I can guarantee your company will suffer for it. I would like to see you guys succeed instead of fail by making a poor business decision.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58477,711
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 21:47
    Z Squared91 said:
    Forrestal,

Please don't let the people on TA affect any decisions you and the rest of Artifex Mundi makes. The opinions of the people here are not even close to a good indication of how the general public feels, especially since the only people who tend to comment on things like this are the ones upset about it. If people like your games and want to play them, they will buy them. Just let the sales numbers do the talking.
    Yeah, how many people are happy about an old game that RAISES their prices over time? Nobody in their right mind, that's who. Sales figures will do the talking, and they are most definitely going to suffer by this poor decision. I've already written them off and will discourage anyone else from supporting them at any available chance. It is a poor business decision and insulting to their customers.
  • Throni360Throni3601,790,131
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 21:52
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    I highly recommend dialing back how you respond to these points. Getting combative will not solve anything. The developers are open on the price point discussion and it has always revolved around the US Dollar. Not the Euro.
    The dollar price is 1:1 like the euro. Switch the € with $ and it changes nothing. Same % price increase and same % "sale". Regional pricing is not the issue here.

The issue is that the guy comes here telling lies and bending the math in his favor. He blames storeparser but even xbox.com says that a sale is going on right now. Facts don't lie. But he did. 200% raise for canada compared to 100% raise for europe and USA is not the issue here. It's the lies and deception.

I will simply not buy games from them anymore. There's no outrage here. I just don't like bullshit. He could simply say "It's how it is. Deal with it." and it'd be way better than saying "Storeparser is wrong, you save 20%." Reality is that it got a 100% price increase and is currently on a 20% sale according to xbox.com. No error here.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,274,139
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 22:03
    I laughed when he said some indie games never go down in price. That may be true but they don't go UP either!! I honestly think people would be all over these games at £5-£7 look at the neo geo ports. But £12?! I'd rather go to the cimema
  • meatman75meatman751,187,474
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 22:18
    I was fine with $9.99, but $14.99, F!ck that. Now I'll wait until they are 5 or 6 bucks.
  • spookyhurstspookyhurst450,815
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 22:27
    I find these games enjoyable, but not $15 a pop enjoyable. That's too much for a short repetitive game. In the past, I always waited for at least a 30% discount. I won't pay more than 7 or 8 bucks, so unless they have some nice 50% sales, I won't be buying anymore. Luckily, I still have a few in my backlog that I need to get around to playing.
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,367,232
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 22:31
    How come the rep won't admit these are all old ports! Not console created games made for the systems from the ground up . The price if porting games did not increase ,this is embarrassing .
  • ReD S1XReD S1X1,205,468
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 23:05
    It's understandable if it's a new game but games that was released years ago?

that's just ridiculous and stupid at the same time. they could just use the excuse of "since the sale keeps going on for our games, we'll just increase it cuz we can and we need the money to churn out more of the same thing and increase that soon after..."

i know it's a mouthful just to simply say "we want more money.", but there's gotta be more reason to that.
    Say NO to overpriced DLC, Season Pass and definitely NO to microtransactions.
  • Stealth DavidStealth David2,769,174
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 23:12
    MC PHILABUSTA said:
    How come the rep won't admit these are all old ports! Not console created games made for the systems from the ground up . The price if porting games did not increase ,this is embarrassing .
    What about the added bonus chapter most games have facepalm Is that just a port? Smh
    Follow me on Twitter for giveaways @StealthDavid
  • Clever JakeClever Jake594,859
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 23:29
    No one is ever going to be happy with a price increase, but kudos on the representative from AM for coming on and explaining the decision.
    This is why I never have a signature.
  • BlostBlost682,361
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 23:45
    I think the problem AM has run into is that every game they make is essentially the same minus a few small things - like the optional game you do in place of object-finding puzzles being dominoes instead of mahjong. If they raise the price on only new releases there is nothing to stop new people buying the old titles first and then wondering why the new ones cost more for what is basically the same experience. Unless they innovate some new ideas for their games then whichever way they go changes prices they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. The only way to avoid controversy is to change nothing, but they say that's not cutting it.

If that's true then I do have some sympathy for them, but i think too maybe there is a saturation point with this type of game and they've reached it for now. I like to play one for a break every so often when I don't feel in the mood for anything too difficult, but after two play-throughs to 1K it I'm pretty much done with all games of this type for a good long while.

Everyone is different, i understand that, but I'd be really curious what % of Xbox players that buy these titles are registered on TA. Regardless, this change in price doesn't really affect me currently since i haven't bought their last few titles because i have three still sitting untouched in my backlog, that's in addition to half a dozen or so similar games by other developers. I'm set for point-and-clicks until 2020 at least. Which brings me back to market saturation.

Maybe AM has the figures that show this change being successful, but they're priced equal now to a telltale game that's on sale midway through a season. If i was choosing between the two there really isn't much competition.

Anyway, AM, i hope this works out for you or you can find another solution that does.
  • RonniesPorchRonniesPorch260,182
    Posted on 08 February 18 at 00:42
    You raise the price of future titles, and put your old titles on sale to generate revenue... Not this, increasing the cost of old titles means no one/ few people will give them a try...
  • Posted on 08 February 18 at 01:38
    this is absurd crap, and lets nor forget the fact their last few games have NOT BEEN VERY GOOD nort any bonus chapters, and seems a lot shorter, and adding in stupid collectibles, and they have the nerve to increase it, man kick rocks
    budah
  • BK BuDHaBK BuDHa968,631
    Posted on 08 February 18 at 01:58
    Wow good thing i bought almost all of them last month, paid 10$ for first 3 then 70$ for 8 of them..80$ for 11 titles...:)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.