Xbox 360 Forum

Forum for Xbox 360 related things

What Games to play or 1k before 360 gets shut down

AuthorMessage
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 06 February 18 at 20:41, Edited on 07 February 18 at 02:45 by New Paralyzer
Just like the original xbox, eventually Microsoft will end the Xbox 360

Yes, we have Backwards compatibility but they still need to connect to Xbox Live to upload the achievements to Microsofts end. Once 360 dies all achievements will become offline only making so TA will never be able to see what we do on our offline console.

So what games should we aim to get our 1k done in before we can never 1k again?

I've recently been working on all my Sonic titles as I'd at least like to see if I can get close to that series completed as a whole.

I'd like to hear from the community what games should be visited before we can never earn an online achievement in it again.

EDIT: I guess my intention isn't clear. Recommend a game that we SHOULD have on our gamertag before one day we won't be able to throw it on our tag.

Obviously the 360 isn't dying anytime soon.
Ultras500
Ultras500
Posted on 06 February 18 at 21:31
This won't happen for years because of BC. I would be more concerned about server shutdowns for various games.
Chris1984uk
Chris1984uk
Posted on 06 February 18 at 22:30
Please stop with scaremongering threads like this. The 360 is still fine.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 07 February 18 at 00:03
Multiplayer servers are the only thing I can see going down for the foreseeable future. Live on the 360 will live on in some form, be it just connecting to live and the marketplace. They wouldn't put this much time into backwards compatability to shut down the 360 service making it useless as it needs a connection to access save data.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 07 February 18 at 00:32, Edited on 07 February 18 at 00:44 by New Paralyzer
You guys are totally misinterpreting this thread.

Obviously we still have a ways to go. But some 1ks don't happen in a weekend. Some of then take lots of boosting etc.

Also BC will last as long as the One lasts but if the 360 were to die the BC games would still work but the emulator wouldn't connect to live.

So my question is what are some games that need to be enjoyed before they are gone sheesh.

Okay let me get the ball rolling obviously this was a hard question.

Although a little hard to 1K the original F.E.A.R. was a fantastic game on 360.

The online is unfortunately purely vacant and it's gone on PC so I guess it will never be purely enjoyed again but a few sessions probably wouldn't take too long... especially not as long as F.E.A.R. 2

Extreme difficulty might put off a very large amount of gamers but it was a very memorable game for me. Especially seeing it back on X-Play back in the day.

Okay, next game. Gimme a good one.
Chris1984uk
Chris1984uk
Posted on 07 February 18 at 01:03
"Obviously this was a hard question" ???

Yeah because you did such a bang up job of actually explaining yourself (besides the obvious scaremongering).

Now that you've properly explained the point of this thread the main one I can think of is Ninja Gaiden 2 purely because to me its impossibly hard.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 07 February 18 at 02:44
Wasn't even intended to be scaring people into thinking the console was going away.

What I meant by it was I want this topic to be focused on achievements.

Like okay so obviously we will always be able to play our games offline but what I'm talking about is getting these achievements on our profile.

Like okay, you recommended Ninja Gaiden 2 which I own. The game isn't on my tag though.

So like I'm saying what's a game that I haven't tried for the 1k that I really should before it doesn't matter anymore.

Our profiles are staying with us in the Current Gen but one day I won't be able to throw Ninja Gaiden 2 on my tag anymore...

Am I making sense?
Msross
Msross
Posted on 07 February 18 at 10:45
Your not..

but the simple answer is :
games which you want to play to completion.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 07 February 18 at 19:23
But you need to tell me what game it is I need to play that I may not have even touched before.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 08 February 18 at 00:53
Well I would also say, play what you want in your gamertag.

Me for example: I wish to play all Assassin's Creed (I believe they are all possible to 100% or were last time I've checked one by one) but haven't even started the first one lol
According to your toughts, I need to start them asap. But if they are all Backwards Compatible, I will be able to start them on the Xbox One anyway right. I don't think they will shut the Xbox 360 inside the Xbox One. That would be a waste of money.

So the games that must be considered should be those which will never go BC I guess?

I want also all the F1 games and I know I need to start those fast.
Other I would like but can't are Forza. They can't be all 100%ed anymore because of Forza 2, and Gears of War because of Judgment.

Oh, congratulations you have completed and played a lot of games!
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 08 February 18 at 04:12
I’d say anything EA: Battlefields, Need for Speeds that are completable, Burnout Paradise, etc.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 08 February 18 at 23:10
Y'know I love the Burnout games but Paradise looked too different and a huge chore for completion I totally just ignored that title.
Chris1984uk
Chris1984uk
Posted on 09 February 18 at 01:05
Its amazing even though its an EA game the servers are still up [shock horror]

You are missing out though, a true gem of an open world racer
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 09 February 18 at 01:30
Chris1984uk said:
You are missing out though, a true gem of an open world racer
And this is what I'm generally asking but I'm a little more focused on how much Gamerscore I can grab or if the 1K is obtainable.

If you guys have more games to mention throw em out there and feel free to talk about their achievements too.

See my point is once I won't be able to earn achievements the list of games I'd replay for fun is going to be incredibly small.
Msross
Msross
Posted on 09 February 18 at 08:31
so your whinging about getting a title & then pissing about saying that you wouldnt complete it.. attention whore much?

theres a list of games on the site, do your own frigging research you instagram-like waster
Chris1984uk
Chris1984uk
Posted on 09 February 18 at 10:17
You'd need one of the cameras for Burnout Paradise but apart from that it's 1k able
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 09 February 18 at 16:52
Chris1984uk said:
You'd need one of the cameras for Burnout Paradise but apart from that it's 1k able
Oh I've got a vision cam. I ordered one off Amazon and when it arrived it was a PAL You're in the Movies bundle.

I tossed that game on my shelf and never looked at it ever again cause I assumed that game is crap. I didn't ask for it or intend to order it lol the Amazon listing was for a Camera only and they sent me that.

I've been debating on going back and working on more Kinect games too since those don't seem to ever be along the jump to One.
Inferno118
Inferno118
Posted on 14 February 18 at 01:25
I've been thinking the same way as you and have been building up the collection for my main series I want completed (cod and halo). I recommend you go for the kinect games among your wanted series completions. Definitely a common delist. Sonic super riders, the kinect sport 50g games (I forgot what they're called) etc. Other games with online like syndicate, singularity, brutal legend, blah blah blah.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 14 February 18 at 01:34
Inferno118 said:
I've been thinking the same way as you and have been building up the collection for my main series I want completed (cod and halo). I recommend you go for the kinect games among your wanted series completions. Definitely a common delist. Sonic super riders, the kinect sport 50g games (I forgot what they're called) etc. Other games with online like syndicate, singularity, brutal legend, blah blah blah.
I'm actually planning to start some Kinect games soon.

I feel you on that.
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Posted on 14 February 18 at 02:11
New Paralyzer said:
Inferno118 said:
I'm actually planning to start some Kinect games soon.

I feel you on that.
Do it.
It will be fun.

Kinect is not dead.
Goats be flyin'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.